Major Cyber Attacks Across Europe

AtariLegend

A major incident has been declared after NHS services across England and Scotland were hit by a large-scale cyber-attack.

Staff cannot access patient data, which has been scrambled by ransomware. There is no evidence patient data has been compromised, NHS Digital has said.

The BBC understands up to 25 NHS organisations and some GP practices have been affected.

It comes amid reports of cyber-attacks affecting organisations worldwide.

A Downing Street Spokesman said Prime Minister Theresa May was being kept informed of the situation, while Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt is being briefed by the National Cyber Security Centre.

Ambulances have been diverted and patients warned to avoid some A&E departments as a result of the attack.

NHS Digital said the ransomware attack was not "specifically targeted at the NHS" and was affecting other organisations.

A massive ransomware campaign appears to have attacked a number of organisations around the world.

Screenshots of a well known program that locks computers and demands a payment in Bitcoin have been shared online by those claiming to be affected.

NHS Digital said the attack was believed to be carried out by the malware variant Wanna Decryptor.

"NHS Digital is working closely with the National Cyber Security Centre, the Department of Health and NHS England to support affected organisations and ensure patient safety is protected.

"Our focus is on supporting organisations to manage the incident swiftly and decisively, but we will continue to communicate with NHS colleagues and will share more information as it becomes available."

Sourcehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-39899646

Been declared a major national incident, BBC suggested other places in Europe had been hit too.

Edited by AtariLegend

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

No, but your years long presence and posting on a GNR forum might be front page news tomorrow :nervous:

Right, I'm off, my God we cant have details like that comin' out, think what it'll do to my cool kid cred', I'll wake up tommorow morning and my quiff won't stand!

Damn, too bad this didn't happen to my hospital. Don't want to work tomorrow =( Spent too much time GNRFORUMING and waited too long to go to bed and now I'll only get 4 hours

This does suck, though. The people who did it are real jerks.

18 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Not unless you can plug a computer into a donkeys arse mate :lol:

maybe that explains everything. ISIS lost their wifi connection. They just want to get back online to post on cutekittensonfire.com then they will netflix and chill like everyone else. 

Edited by wasted

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

maybe that explains everything. ISIS lost their wifi connection. They just want to get back online to post on cutekittensonfire.com then they will netflix and chill like everyone else. 

Either that or have a wank :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Funny you say that.

Supposedly our Trident subs still ran XP in 2016... 

Shit, our comps locked out that day too, have to call the tech nerds in and we run XP...never connected the two.  All sorted now anyway.