Axl Performing with Billy Joel tonight

55 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

As the GNR Sudamerica twitter just noted, 

Minus AXL/DC, the last time Axl got up on stage at a concert that wasn't his own was the year 2000 when Gilby Clarke played the Cat Club in LA

20000622photo01.jpg

20000622photo02.jpg

So, it's definitely time for Gilby to do the same at the next Axl concert. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

It's nice to see Axl doing this kind of stuff.

I have to wonder if the relatively good press he's had the last few years, as well as the resolution with his ex-bandmembers, is changing his mindset a bit and making him feel a bit less guarded and wary of public appearances. It seems like he's in a better place and as a fan it's a really nice thing to see!

Getting on stage with AC/DC is the greatest thing he's done, it proved to himself that he has the ability to perform when it matters, and having Slash helps out a lot. 

I remember Stern asking Slash how he gets on stage with so many celebrities and if he gets nervous but more importantly why he takes on so many opportunities. And his response was along these lines "I get really nervous, and in my mind I want to say no Bc I don't feel comfortable but I learned you have to just put yourself out there, sometimes you fall flat but most of the time you have a blast and that kind of encourages you the next time you get an offer"

i think Axl has been influenced quite nicely by Slash in this regard. Also you have Axl getting his name back out there again...if you touring and you know how active Axl is currently you might test your luck and see if he will show up for you, it's such a great time for him to be out and performing like this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IkaruFunk said:

You know, it's possible to like more than two genres of music.

Well, but he never appeared on stage with industrial artists. His only attempt was the K0rn party if I remember correctly. And Korn's guitarist Mundy was not amused by Axl. 

4 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Well, but he never appeared on stage with industrial artists. His only attempt was the K0rn party if I remember correctly. And Korn's guitarist Mundy was not amused by Axl. 

What do you mean "attempt"?

Wasn't he just attending a release party?

2 hours ago, 2414225 said:

Don't know what to think about this appearance though. It makes no sense. He surely is a Joel fan since he is into Elton, but I don't understand why he spent so much time creating an industrial nu metal album when he is clearly into classic rock and piano pop. 

he can't like two differents styles of music?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

What do you mean "attempt"?

Wasn't he just attending a release party?

It was an attempt to make industrial friends, I guess. But they always give a fuck for Axl. However Munky did another picture with Axl years later. tumblr_lv4lwhDXML1r23wd6.jpg

3 hours ago, 2414225 said:

Is Axl trolling Randy Orton with his out of nowhere moves? 

BTW. Pink is/was an Axl/GnR fan. 

Don't know what to think about this appearance though. It makes no sense. He surely is a Joel fan since he is into Elton, but I don't understand why he spent so much time creating an industrial nu metal album when he is clearly into classic rock and piano pop. 

Perhaps its like me he's into various types of music. There's nothing wrong with it and its quite normal.

1 hour ago, Estranged Reality said:

It's nice to see Axl doing this kind of stuff

I have to wonder if the relatively good press he's had the last few years, as well as the resolution with his ex-bandmembers, is changing his mindset a bit and making him feel a bit less guarded and wary of public appearances. It seems like he's in a better place and as a fan it's a really nice thing to see!

Agreed!

Plus its really cool how Axl is doing different things again.  Doing the Billy Joel thing, Axl/DC, having Angus guest with GNR, etc.  All in all he seems less... elusive than he did even back in 2009-2014.   I get a totally different vibe from him and its really cool