Axl Performing with Billy Joel tonight

14 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

this "internet destroyed industry" is bullshit, Metallica sold more than 100,000 copies of their last album in the first month or something like it

100.000,is good today back then ,nothing

Nice little surprise and Axl sounding decent ! Bodes well for him not being Aw-struck and rusty at the start of the EURO Leg! 
Clearly an appearance like this signals he's in a happy, confident place, since it's extremely rare for him to do this...
The AC/DC stint has done wonders for him, a confident Axl is what we need and want - Good things will follow...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Billy's looking like a cross between Anthony Hopkins and Peter Gabriel these days. :shades:

These guys that go from full dark hair and no beard to bald head and gray mustache/goatee are so unrecognizable.  It messes with my head.  

peter gabriel.jpg

billy joel.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, triad said:

These guys that go from full dark hair and no beard to bald head and gray mustache/goatee are so unrecognizable.  It messes with my head.  

peter gabriel.jpg

billy joel.jpg

:rofl-lol: The Peter Gabriel one is quality!

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

I think the AC/DC is more fun for him, he just goes on stage and sings the songs that he grew up on it, Guns envolves more business and stuff...

Yep- there are advantages to being a worker bee sometimes. With great power comes great responsibility and all that shit. 

It's good to see him happy and branching out, and I think he finally feels... respected? Appreciated?  Which must be nice after all these years.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

I feel like there is a part in Slash's book where he writes about Billy Joel coming backstage at the Use Your Illusion tour.  I thought he wrote about how much a Axl loves Billy, The Eagles, and ELO but I could be mistaken.  It's been awhile since I picked it up and I don't retain much from books.  I suppose it was a learning disability that followed me into adulthood.  

Its good to see Axl called upon to take a guest spot at a big show.  

Billy Joel always said that One In a Million was an interesting song and praised Axl.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

C_yzoigWsAAxgsm.jpg

axl does soundchecks and rehearsals for other bands

15 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

Same as why  I don't mind that they keep the seeker. Just like seeker, big shot suits his low voice and he sounds great and requires seemingly little to no effort from him. 

exactly

i cant believe that there is no one telling him something like "hey axl, your low voice is pure gold, why dont you do a fucking full album with it?"

i also cant believe that for the entire duration of axl solo career (the yes-men era) there was one telling him something like "hey axl, dont you notice that your clean voice is pure garbage and annoying"?

• Like 2

Axl's voice seemed to be in great condition last night. I'm more than excited for the next NITL leg!

Would be nice if Axl and Duff noted that Billy Joel let his fans decide two of the songs that was in the set, would love to see GN'R do this!

• Like 1