Axl Performing with Billy Joel tonight

44 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

I'd be up for some U2/Axl action...

Never seen that! Awesome and the great part is he has the ability to sing like that still...that's no different a voice than he's used with AC/DC. It sounded like everyone was laughing then he went into those higher notes with rasp and everyone shut up. I'm honestly up for hearing Axl on pretty much anything...his voice is unique and can do a lot for a song 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Pink has a brilliant voice. She sings very well. I thought her performance of New York State Of Mind and Try was greater than Axl's Big Shot.

Big Shot isn't that great a song imo, but apparently it's one of BJ's favorites, so he may have suggested it to Axl.  I don't think it gave Axl enough to do in that song. 

I would have rather heard Axl sing any of BJ's piano ballads frankly.  But he looked cool and handled it well.

Gotta say though that Axl's definitely been keeping up training/nutrition during the break between tours, judging from what I can see from the Big Shot vid I watched which provides plenty of close ups.

He hasn't grown any chins, quite the contrary actually, which bodes well for Europe as it looks like he's in top physical form for 55!

Guess that personal trainer might actually be whipping his arse into shape after all! ;-D

43 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Gotta say though that Axl's definitely been keeping up training/nutrition during the break between tours, judging from what I can see from the Big Shot vid I watched which provides plenty of close ups.

He hasn't grown any chins, quite the contrary actually, which bodes well for Europe as it looks like he's in top physical form for 55!

Guess that personal trainer might actually be whipping his arse into shape after all! ;-D

That beer belly will be the hardest thing to lose but currently he's looking great! He looked in great form for this show so props to that trainer and to Axl for being the best he can be for the fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Here is an article from Billboard.com about the show. Sorry am on my cellphone and can't copy and paste at the moment.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7793207/billy-joel-axl-rose-pink-dodger-stadum

I liked  read Axl and

Billy in backstage,true affect for theys?

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Here is an article from Billboard.com about the show. Sorry am on my cellphone and can't copy and paste at the moment.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7793207/billy-joel-axl-rose-pink-dodger-stadum

I liked read about Axl and Billy in backstage true affect both?

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I know there's a lot of "they're in it for the money" being thrown around about the reunion but, I don't know. Axl seems like an man unburdened lately and I don't think an appearance like this, or AC/DC is something he'd be doing if he wasn't just happy - which, maybe, it took reuniting with Duff and Slash to achieve. 

I think his faith has been renewed that everybody is not out to get him 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

I know there's a lot of "they're in it for the money" being thrown around about the reunion but, I don't know. Axl seems like an man unburdened lately and I don't think an appearance like this, or AC/DC is something he'd be doing if he wasn't just happy - which, maybe, it took reuniting with Duff and Slash to achieve. 

which, maybe, took the zillion dollars of the guns n aliens tour to achieve

12 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

my boss lost 20 kg in 9 months thanks to a great personal trainer.

axl's one isn't so good :P:P

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

my boss lost 20 kg in 9 months thanks to a great personal trainer.

axl's one isn't so good :P:P

Maybe it's not the trainer's fault. It's just that Axl doesn't give a fuck :devilshades:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, ludurigan said:

which, maybe, took the zillion dollars of the guns n aliens tour to achieve

Or, maybe every day he opens his eyes and realizes he doesn't have to deal with Steven Alder today he just floats out of bed like he's on cloud 9. 

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Or, maybe every day he opens his eyes and realizes he doesn't have to deal with Steven Alder today he just floats out of bed like he's on cloud 9. 

oh, nice change of subject!

lets bash steven instead of keeping a conversation about the zillion dollars!

so smart!

21 hours ago, Modano09 said:

it's absolutely because he got back with slash and duff, he's clearly a different man and there's a true return to form, slash and duff are his bandmates, the two men the creative gods aligned him with therefore they bring out something in axl that no other musicians can, certainly not tommy stinson or dj ashba or bucket foot.  axl slash and duff… and izzy and steven for that matter… are all better together and far less alone.  gnr was a clear "band"… there was no one principle, they all needed each other.  sometimes that gets lost on people because money and lawyers enabled axl to claim the gnr name, thus the perception of being the main guy to the casual public and fan.  he wasn't shit without his bandmates and they weren't shit without him.  

but it's the reconnection i think that motivates and inspires axl to get out and play with someone like billy joel.  it's great to see.  

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

oh, nice change of subject!

lets bash steven instead of keeping a conversation about the zillion dollars!

so smart!

Well "Axl's happy because of the zillion dollars" isn't any more proven than "Axl's thrilled to not have Steve Adler around", so what's the difference? Axl's always had money. Maybe having two of his closest friends back in his life and back in his band is making him happy? The money was always there if he wanted more of it. 

• Like 2

On 5/17/2017 at 3:34 AM, Modano09 said:

I think there's a bit of what you mentioned, and a bit of the pressure of GNR being removed from his shoulders. Axl is the boss at the end of the day, but he now has Slash and Duff as pillars to support him. He doesn't have to take all the shots involved with being in a divisive multi million selling band on his own anymore... that criticism can now be shared, and challenged/ignored by one or all of the big three. 

It's unquestionable that he looks in much better form, but he did look like he was in great spirit from 2013-2014 too... it's not all down to this tour or the mending of bridges... i'd say he's just exited his teens and entered adulthood, it was just a very long teen experience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tajandreas said:

Did anyone else catch what happened at 1:15? It's like he ran out of breath or his voice just completely went out. That was odd.

Sounds like the voice he uses at 2:08...but at the 1:15 part he just didn't catch the note, but still I think that's what he was going for. Sounds like his Rapidfire voice 

• Like 1