Brian Johnson Returns to the Stage

bigpoop

3 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

yeah, i totally agree… so much integrity in these bands.  except The Who… oh i kid The Who. :lol:  i buy any lineup change that backs itself up with solid work that stands on its own against anything that came before it.  but the bands you mention above (except for the who)… you just CAN'T imagine anyone not there, they are all bands that did not carry on out of respect for the lost members they could not be complete without.  

The Doors actually tried to carry on without Jim Morrison, ridiculous really. :lol:

Just now, bucketfoot said:

Oh yeah, and I do agree there are also bands who have members who are so integral, that they can't be replaced, The Beatles could never reform after Lennon died being the obvious example, they are rare though. As much as I love Brian, he's certainly not irreplaceable (that's harsh I know)

it's not harsh, Brian was a Steven and they became worthless in the studio and to the process of creating new music.  i wish more could have and would have been done to save both but addicts are tough… especially when everyone's young and doesn't know how to communicate.  

It is. I mean, I absolutely love Brian Jones, love him, The Stones were his band, basically, and yet all my favourite albums by them are with Mick Taylor.

it is sad how brian lost his band and his life.  tragic.  one has to wonder what he could've done with the band or solo or in a new band.  

but hands down, the mick taylor years is some of the greatest music ever made.  i knew i liked you… 

;) It took a while but we got there in the end.

me and you pal… maybe there's a buddy cop movie in our future… two detectives undercover who always argue about Chinese Democracy.  :lol:

Edited by Sunset Gardner