Brian Johnson Returns to the Stage

bigpoop

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I follow a few Zepplin sites, and there's some rumblings that Led Zepplin will be the surprise band at Glastonbury this year, I have no idea if it's true but would be great to see ??

Would be sensational if it happened. Even a one off festival slot like that would be legendary. Which sites?

Brian sounds good. The touring would wear him out again, people don't realize how loud an AC/DC show is, he struggles with his own material he's getting really up there in age. I don't see a Brian return and to top it off the theories out there about his relationship with Angus makes it impossible. But nice to know Brian can do these things here and there and hopefully record new material for his fans. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Brian sounds good. The touring would wear him out again, people don't realize how loud an AC/DC show is, he struggles with his own material he's getting really up there in age. I don't see a Brian return and to top it off the theories out there about his relationship with Angus makes it impossible. But nice to know Brian can do these things here and there and hopefully record new material for his fans.

He could always do a solo record and maybe a short club tour/few select shows to promote it if he wants to continue in music but I agree, I think his days of doing long, worldwide tours are over, unfortunately.

• Like 1

So great to see three legends share the stage! However, I seriously doubt this means anything regarding a return to AC/DC. As already stated, getting on stage for a single song is different than a world tour, especially at the volume AC/DC plays. I saw them in 2015 and it was easily the loudest concert I've ever attended. 

If Angus decides to do another album, it's almost assuredly going to be with Axl. As much as I would like to hear Brian on new songs, I'm not sure that Angus would go that route. Thinking forward to a potential tour, does it make sense to have an album with two singers (Brian and Axl), one of which cannot tour (as far as we know)? This may not be an issue for some bands, but AC/DC has always been adamant that they make albums, not singles.

13 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

He could always do a solo record and maybe a short club tour/few select shows to promote it if he wants to continue in music but I agree, I think his days of doing long, worldwide tours are over, unfortunately.

i like the solo record/short club thing...good ideas sweetie :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i like the solo record/short club thing...good ideas sweetie :)

I just hope it's not the last we see of Brian, what a shite way to go out after a great career, so I'd love a solo record. I just don't see any way back for him with AC/DC now.

15 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I just hope it's not the last we see of Brian, what a shite way to go out after a great career, so I'd love a solo record. I just don't see any way back for him with AC/DC now.

While Angus continues with nuAC/DC, Brian and Cliff can go join Phil's band and call it Velvet DC. :awesomeface:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, James Bond said:

While Angus continues with nuAC/DC, Brian and Cliff can go join Phil's band and call it Velvet DC. :awesomeface:

That'd be funny as fuck! :lol: Although really it's impossible for Phil's band to be any better than it currently is. :lol:

One more time.

Seminal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

this is encouraging news… all i can say is: come back brian!  save axl from himself… save angus from trying to pull off being ac/dc by himself with no other real members of the band… PLEASE brian… come back!  

oh i would love this! *prayers for Brian to come back*

• Like 1

Let's get real guys. I'd love nothing more than Brian to go back to ACDC. He's one of the greatest rock singers of all time. But the man'd hearing is shot to bits. No way he could stand up to any kind of sustained touring. Seriously I never heard anything as loud as them when I saw them last year. Plus let's be honest the guy is in his late 60's and there's no question he was starting to struggle with the material live. Let's jsut hope he can keep making music and perform at small gigs like this.

19 minutes ago, blackrose87 said:

Let's get real guys. I'd love nothing more than Brian to go back to ACDC. He's one of the greatest rock singers of all time. But the man'd hearing is shot to bits. No way he could stand up to any kind of sustained touring. Seriously I never heard anything as loud as them when I saw them last year. Plus let's be honest the guy is in his late 60's and there's no question he was starting to struggle with the material live. Let's jsut hope he can keep making music and perform at small gigs like this.

i like the idea of him doing a last CD and maybe like a small venue thing...

Yeah I'd love for Brian to do something else, an album seems logical, maybe an all star line-up/supergroup type collaboration with some other legends from his era and a small tour/select shows. Like a residency or something.

I love the guy but I think he's done with AC/DC. By his own admission. I just watched AC/DC's 2015 show from Berlin on YouTube and I seriously thought he was gonna keel over several times. Fuck me, Thunderstruck nearly finished him off. He sounded passable to be fair but I think for his own health he's probably glad to never have to sing Back in Black again.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

or maybe do like an acoustic AC/DC tour :P

i could hear The Jack, Night Prowler, Love Hungry Man etc unplugged maybe! ;) 

Off topic but I'd love to hear Axl do Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2017 at 10:29 PM, Sunset Gardner said:

this is encouraging news… all i can say is: come back brian!  save axl from himself… save angus from trying to pull off being ac/dc by himself with no other real members of the band… PLEASE brian… come back!  

I know right. Continuing with a band without it's original lead singer. It wold be like if the original lead singer from AC/DC died and they replaced him and kept on touring and making albums with a replacement lead singer.

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

what theories? :) 

Specifically the ones that mention Angus was a bit soured by Brian's constant talk of retirement, another one mentioned Angus was disappointed by Brian's recent performances, and the conclusion was that once Angus got word that Brian's hearing got worse he used it to send Brian packing leaving the door shut behind him to any kind of return. In Angus's words it was "Rock or Bust" and they decided to keep rocking with someone who wanted to be there and could be there in Axl. Ultimately the return to standard tuning was apparently Angus' way of saying he's been looking to improve the overall performance of the show...and it simply wasn't possible with Brian. 

So who knows it could be a lot less tame then that but based on Brian's response to ACDC's official letter on Brian's departure there is some bad blood there 

• Like 1