Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Just now, DexAxl said:

Live Nation tweeted that timeline video month and half ago, so forget about single, album annoucment. Prepare for some tour announcment, AFD 5 show AT THE BEST.

Not the second one they didn't.

11 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Not the second one they didn't.

I'm just concerned for you and other people here, this is GNR we are talking here you are having huge hope on this and setting yourself for HUGE disappointment.

• Like 2

Just now, DexAxl said:

I'm just concerned for you and other people here, this is GNR we are talking here you are having huge hope on this and setting yourself for HUGE disappointment.

Disappointed about what? I haven't mentioned anything about singles or albums. I'm just pointing out that the second video that was posted yesterday on the bands official social media teased "May 24, 2017..." and that, unlike the previous video, was brand new. I'm not expecting new music.

8 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Disappointed about what? I haven't mentioned anything about singles or albums. I'm just pointing out that the second video that was posted yesterday on the bands official social media teased "May 24, 2017..." and that, unlike the previous video, was brand new. I'm not expecting new music.

Second one looks like follow up to me, second one is all about NITL tour so only reasonable thing would be another show annoucment, and since they are teasing it must be big, so it's AFD5 show.

2 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Second one looks like follow up to me, second one is all about NITL tour so only reasonable thing would be another show annoucment, and since they are teasing it must be big, so it's AFD5 show.

The second one is all about what has happened since the threeunion, which has of course only been touring. Why would they be so focused on the date of Wednesday? There is not gonna be an AFD5 show in California on that day. It's just too close to the Ireland date. If there was gonna be an AFD5 show, it would be in July before the US leg. In that case, they would not be getting everybody all worked up about Wednesday.

I don't see the logic in promoting new dates this way. But it's GnR, and what the fuck do I know? :shrugs:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The second one is all about what has happened since the threeunion, which has of course only been touring. Why would they be so focused on the date of Wednesday? There is not gonna be an AFD5 show in California on that day. It's just too close to the Ireland date. If there was gonna be an AFD5 show, it would be in July before the US leg. In that case, they would not be getting everybody all worked up about Wednesday.

I don't see the logic in promoting new dates this way. But it's GnR, and what the fuck do I know? :shrugs:

In the video they noted dates where certain things were announced as well. So the significance of teasing Wednesday could quite simply be the date something is announced. So if it is a show it might not necessarily mean the show will be on the 24th, it could be for July but will be announced on the 24th.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Like I said in the post you quoted, "show announcement".

24 minutes ago, AlexC said:

In the video they noted dates where certain things were announced as well. So the significance of teasing Wednesday could quite simply be the date something is announced. So if it is a show it might not necessarily mean the show will be on the 24th, it could be for July but will be announced on the 24th.

Anything is possible, but that is not at all how they announced shows being added in the prior legs. Hell, they didn't even tease like this when this WHOLE fuckin summer leg was announced. 

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The speculation here about AFD5 is totally unfounded unfortunately, as the promo videos point to exactly the opposite. If there is one thing that these videos can't be blamed for, is misleading the public: they made it clear that it's all about the "big 3"; what else should they do so as people stop hoping that an AFD5 reunion could happen?

I'm not suggesting it's gonna be a new song, but compared to AFD5 it's more likely.

I think if we're going to blame anybody for the AFD5 hype right now it's going to be Mr. "I Cant Talk" Adler and the suddenly mute Stradlin. :smiley-confused2:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Wasn't there murmurs last year about them recording two singles? Whatever happened to those rumours? Or where they just absolute bullshit with no truth to them at all?

I think I remember something coming from Tom Zutaut. Something Like Slash had put a solo on one of the CD2 tracks.  I think both he and an 'insider' from a different fourm both said Altas Shrugged was one.

And around the same time others speculating like Niven and their former publicist who's name is escaping me.

I dont recall what became of those rumours but maybe they just fizzled because they were mostly (seen as) people just guessing?  Zutaut, if irc was pretty certain though.

11 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I think if we're going to blame anybody for the AFD5 hype right now it's going to be Mr. "I Cant Talk" Adler and the suddenly mute Stradlin. :smiley-confused2:

Yeah all of a sudden Steven and Izzy seem to do that good old GNR way. Nowhere to be found thing, and Steven was blabbering about GNR after one song show in Argentina like crazy and then "I can't say anything about GNR".

Edited by DexAxl

Just now, xBrownstonex said:

Izzy has been quiet all the time. So that's not really anything special

Not like this. Anytime there have been rumors he has shut them down pretty quickly.

14 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Well, Izzy doesn't say much in general, and, moreover, what is there now for him to comment on? There aren't any actual rumours or leaks, just speculation on some fans' part based on nothing.

As for Steven, he stopped talking about the band's inner affairs involving him (probably because he is still under a non-disclosure contract and it was pointed out to him after his interviews), but other things he said in his latest interviews don't hint to anything for the future (he kept repeating that he got closure etc).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Not like this. Anytime there have been rumors he has shut them down pretty quickly.

Quickly.... well, he gave a comment on the reunion last year a full two months after the official announcement. Rumors of his involvement had been circulating all the time.

• Like 1