Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

1 minute ago, 2414225 said:

don't get the "Europe and United Kingdom" thing...The United Kingdom is still Europe, they are simply not in the European Union (a economic and political community) anymore.

They are still in the European Union as well.

Haven't been on here in a good few months, but these teasers, rumors, videos have me coming back to discuss. 

My question is, why use Get In The Ring there at the end in that video LN and the GN'R twitter posted? That's not a popular GN'R song to the casual fans. What significance does it have to this whole thing? 

3 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Haven't been on here in a good few months, but these teasers, rumors, videos have me coming back to discuss. 

My question is, why use Get In The Ring there at the end in that video LN and the GN'R twitter posted? That's not a popular GN'R song to the casual fans. What significance does it have to this whole thing? 

Maybe it's just another slogan to promote the tour?

Or maybe it's the Get In The Ring residency in Las Vegas!

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Some kind of competition for tickets to a newly announced show? If it's anything similar to the Troubadour last year there'll only be a small amount available so fans will have to "fight" for them.

14 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Seemed like an odd choice to me too. Usually they just go for the hits.

21 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

Maybe Aerosmith will coheadline the NA tour. The respective dates match up perfectly 

Tbf, I've been saying for a few months that Aerosmith are gonna show at London in a couple of weeks for the 2 GnR shows. So that could be like a part build up to it too

53 minutes ago, tajandreas said:

The most interesting part is them saying that was "only the beginning." 

How much more touring can you do until the excitement dies out?

After 2nd US leg they can forget about stadiums, so they will switch to arenas for couple more legs and we can forget anything more than tour.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have mixed feeling about this lineup releasing music... I really have no interest in any input from Frank, Fortus and Smurfette... But a new song with Slash, Duff and Axl would still excite me.

Didn't you hear that those three are quiet and Axl loves them because he doesn't see or hear them. They would do fine being hired hands and just playing instruments. And also big 3 songs won't be masterpieces their great songs are written 25-30 years ago, so all that's left in them are good-mediocre songs which i would love to hear anyway.

Edited by DexAxl

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

The dates we have been speculating are filled on the Roxys calender, where as on the Troubs calender, there is a whole week without a single event

The dates around July 21st are empty both at the Troubadour and at the Roxy.

2 minutes ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

Tbf, I've been saying for a few months that Aerosmith are gonna show at London in a couple of weeks for the 2 GnR shows. So that could be like a part build up to it too

Hopefully because the support bands that have already been announced are underwhelming to say the least.

In the beginning of the video:

"In April 2016..."   -->   "It all began"   -->   "With the kickoff at Tower Records"

At the end of the video:

"Now they're coming back home"   -->   "Where it all began"

Could it be something to do with Tower Records?

Bands have played there before right, outside. On the roof?

Tower Records would fit with it being an anniversary of AFD as well, since it's a record.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spirit said:

"In April 2016..."   -->   "It all began"   -->   "With the kickoff at Tower Records"

At the end of the video:

Tower Records would fit with it being an anniversary of AFD as well, since it's a record.

Yup, video strongly suggests something is going down at Tower Records. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It's true, but that's fine. I just can't see these guys making music together. Axl has his way and Slash as his way and those are two things that can't co-exist.

They could co-exist when Izzy was there.... emphasis on the word was.

Don't take the following too seriously, just fooling around, but:

- First video: emphasis on the first performance of Paradise City at the beginning, although it wasn't the first song the band wrote or the first song they performed or the first single.

- Third video: Use of Get In The Ring, although this song is kind of a deep cut and has never been performed live.

What do these two songs have in common? They were both co-written by Axl, Slash and Duff.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

My memory is hazy, did the Troubadour gig get anything like this? I mean in terms of Live Nation etc teasing/promoting it. Seems strange to me that Live Nation would bother promoting a club gig that can only sell maybe 1000 tickets. I know it would build hype and help sell the rest of US dates (maybe, if certain former members are back), but still doesn't seem quite right. 

No, it was a secret until the last minute. No promo at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Yup, video strongly suggests something is going down at Tower Records. 

No, it strongly suggest something is going to happen in LA, not necessarily Tower Records.  

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

At the end of the video:

Wow, why are peopel struggling with this?  The "Where it all Began" is a general reference to LA...nothing more or less than that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No, it strongly suggest something is going to happen in LA, not necessarily Tower Records.  

Wow, why are peopel struggling with this?  The "Where it all Began" is a general reference to LA...nothing more or less than that.  

I'm not struggling... I understand perfectly fine that it just might mean LA in general.

I'm just pointing out that they use the specific phrase "it all began" at Tower Records, and then use the same phrase at the end of the video. It could be intentional.

• Like 1