Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Whatever it is, I hope it isn't "surprise" club shows.

Do a small residency at the forum; Something a large number of real fans actually have a chance at going to. Not some club there where some of us would have no chance of just going on a whim.

Troubadour last year was cool, I guess, but would have been cooler if half the people in attendance were real fans and just not "Yeah, I never saw them before and figured this would be cool" fans.

:shrugs:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Black Sabbath said:

Whatever it is, I hope it isn't "surprise" club shows.

Do a small residency at the forum; Something a large number of real fans actually have a chance at going to. Not some club there where some of us would have no chance of just going on a whim.

Troubadour last year was cool, I guess, but would have been cooler if half the people in attendance were real fans and just not "Yeah, I never saw them before and figured this would be cool" fans.

:shrugs:

Garth Brooks is doing a residency at the Forum the week everyone has been speculating that there will be something in LA 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Garth Brooks is doing a residency at the Forum the week everyone has been speculating that there will be something in LA 

Before the St. Louis show, or in the fall sometime? Because it's also been rumored/speculated they're coming back around that area in the fall, after South America.

" Due to the events in Manchester, whatever was planned for May 24th, will now happen on Thursday morning.

Stay tuned, and Nightrain members make sure you check the official site on Thursday.

/jarmo"

So if it's true what Jarmo from HTGTH just wrote, then we'll have to wait one more day...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Before the St. Louis show, or in the fall sometime? Because it's also been rumored/speculated they're coming back around that area in the fall, after South America.

My money is on July 21-22 weekend, which is 30 years to the day of the release of Appetite.  LA Coliseum.  Big celebration.   Golden Voice (same promoter as Coachella) is promoting the FYF Festival in the park around the coliseum.  Maybe GNR will be the real headliner both nights at that bogus festival?  

If they don't use the Coliseum for the FYF Fest, maybe the Rose Bowl?

1 minute ago, JimmyTsou said:

" Due to the events in Manchester, whatever was planned for May 24th, will now happen on Thursday morning.

Stay tuned, and Nightrain members make sure you check the official site on Thursday.

/jarmo"

So if it's true what Jarmo from HTGTH just wrote, then we'll have to wait one more day...

I tried not to create any expectations but come on, if all this video-teasing is about new dates or anything related to selling tickets, I'll be truly disappointed.

We're in need of something fresh, just release something ffs

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

I tried not to create any expectations but come on, if all this video-teasing is about new dates or anything related to selling tickets, I'll be truly disappointed.

We're in need of something fresh, just release something ffs

It's just new dates. Expect nothing else. Avoid frustration. They won't release anything but new tour dates, unfortunately.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maynard said:

It's just new dates. Expect nothing else. Avoid frustration. They won't release anything but new tour dates, unfortunately.

More specifically it's something in te LA area only....that's what everyone should expect.  If is anything more than that, consider it to have exceeded expectations.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JimmyTsou said:

/jarmo"

Definitely not a pop up show then or they wouldn't be able to reschedule it so easily. Still probably just an announcement of an LA show in July.

39 minutes ago, JimmyTsou said:

/jarmo"

They better dont do this shit. 

5 minutes ago, default_ said:

Its just an announcement that will probably make some people that are in pain now because of what happned happier, theres no reason to postpone it. 

I'm sure waiting another day isn't going to change your life in any significant way. 

• Like 2

Guys, one day won't change anything. Besides, as everyone is pointing out, it's probably nothing more than a couple of extra tour dates and something to do with LA. Nothing more than that.

(Hoping of course it is indeed more than that, I'm just trying to ease everyone's expectations that waiting one more day for something we're probably way overshooting really isn't a big deal) 

If it's just tour dates, I don't get why they have to postpone, unless they were announcing a date in that particular venue? That might be it.

At the risk of sounding cynical, we've had quite a few horrible attacks these past months/years. Furthermore, I don't think anyone would feel offended or hurt if GNR announced tour dates/a new song/an LA show two days after an attack.