Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

33 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Its just going to be more dates so we can hear It's So Easy followed by Brownstone, 2 more hours of butchering with Fortus outplaying Slash, Frank being shit and Melissa doing backing vocals on songs about killing women and burying them or fucking them and then high pitched weak Mickey catching his breath through Paradise City while streamers go everywhere. Again and again and again and again and again. 

What do I want to see?

Izzy for some choice cuts with 2 guitars, no Fortus. 

Izzy and Steve playing all of AFD mid show as a 5 piece. 

New song but again with Stradlins involvement. Not a SMK&C left over with Axl singing. 

Dont want a Blu Ray or DVD. Previous 2 are shit albeit with the worst incarnations of GN'R

New album co-written with Izzy is the big one really. 

"BUT: IT IS WRITTEN.... " This is GN'R. Its 2 fat guys with no fire left in their big bellies and a guy who's as punk as my Grandmother (she's dead btw) and Vegas left overs. Its a band of continuous disappointment. 

Then just don't follow the tour if it pisses you off this much. Also, actually going to a show is leaps and bounds ahead of what we see on YouTube or Periscope. I'm going to two shows this summer and I'm going to enjoy myself and enjoy this band while they're still around. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

11 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

How about you name some you wanna see... everyone hates the idea of those two bands playing, yet no one have any specific responses to who they'd prefer with GNR

Someone on the up and up like back in the day when they had Soundgarden, Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails, Skid Row etc. Someone unknown. The world is in dire need of new rock and as someone whos been playing for a long time they ARE out there. A big co-headliner didnt work when it was Metallica and The Who, as much as I love them, are my Dads favourite band and GN'R are mine so polarising an audience to such a degree seems ludicrous. Personally I would have a great time but as Rose said, 'I'm One In a Million'

Edited by Izzymacbeth

9 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Then just don't follow the tour if it pisses you off this much. Also, actually going to a show is leaps and bounds ahead of what we see on YouTube or Periscope. I'm going to two shows this summer and I'm going to enjoy myself and enjoy this band while they're still around. 

I'll be there on Saturday but because I got free tickets. No one can deny while watching them, even wondering for a second: 'could this have been better?'

And the predictable setlist does do my tits in. Always has. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

I saw Baz late last year, it was a fun show and I'd go see him again, but he has no business opening stadiums for GNR.... he doesn't even sell out clubs.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be more tour dates. Hopefully it's not a co-headlining tour.

:facepalm: @ the people who think it'll be a show with Izzy and Steven.

1 minute ago, Izzymacbeth said:

I'll be there on Saturday but because I got free tickets. No one can deny while watching them,  even wondering for a second, 'could this have been better? '

And the predictable setlist does do my tits in. Always has. 

I went to a show last year and didn't have any thoughts like that. I was just excited to see Axl/Slash/Duff reunited. Enjoy the show :)

• Like 2

Just now, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I went to a show last year and didn't have any thoughts like that. I was just excited to see Axl/Slash/Duff reunited. Enjoy the show :)

I'll certainly enjoy seeing Axl and Slash together. Wont like the set list predictabilty and the lack of Izzy leaves a sour taste as I'm a Stradlin super fan but thank you. I wish the same for you! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I saw Baz late last year, it was a fun show and I'd go see him again, but he has no business opening stadiums for GNR.... he doesn't even sell out clubs.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be more tour dates. Hopefully it's not a co-headlining tour.

:facepalm: @ the people who think it'll be a show with Izzy and Steven.

I'd also prefer not to see Baz opening. He's great on his own but stadiums would be a tough sell unless he rejoined Skid Row.

36 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Who/GnR is an awful matchup

Plus it screams over the hill nostalgia cash grab. Unfortunately that keeps looking more and more what GN'R is now. Disappointing. Release something new you fucks.

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'd also prefer not to see Baz opening. He's great on his own but stadiums would be a tough sell unless he rejoined Skid Row.

Baz opened for them when I saw them in 2010 (in Manchester Arena..), and he was brilliant. Been meaning to catch another of his gigs since.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Someone on the up and up like back in the day when they had Soundgarden, Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails, Skid Row etc. Someone unknown. The world is in dire need of new rock and as someone whos been playing for a long time they ARE out there. A big co-headliner didnt work when it was Metallica and The Who, as much as I love them, are my Dads favourite band and GN'R are mine so polarising an audience to such a degree seems ludicrous. Personally I would have a great time but as Rose said, 'I'm One In a Million'

A lot of up and comers don't draw half of what GNR does. It's bad business to have them open and depend on that $$$$ coming in...

The best thing you can do, business wise, is take two well known classic bands and have them co-headline. They're both significant draws on their own, so together, its a guarantee that money will be made

We are getting a fall GNR tour according to my live nation contact who told me not to sweat missing the STL on sale because they were going to come around again.  This was in December or January - whenever the STL date went on sale.  

This has nothing to do with her opinion but I've booked a weekend in LA For July 21 weekend. Something is happening then.  The same station hyping that stupid FYF Fest is also teasing the Big GNR news.  If it were just tour dates, that KROQ station would probably be making the announcement, no?  The coliseum is on the grounds of the festival and the whole thing is promoted by Golden Voice who also promoted Coachella.  If you look at the video, they make a big deal about GNR playing Coachella last year.  Nobody cares about that performance anymore. It doesn't fit in, unless it were another show(s) presented by the same promoter.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hate co-headlining tours.. You usually get shorter sets from each band along with higher ticket prices..... Sucks if you are only there for one band which is usually the case...

That's why I'm against it. I don't want a shorter GnR set. 

• Like 3

Just now, Fitha_whiskey said:

That's why I'm against it. I don't want a shorter GnR set. 

It  also tends to cause lamer crowds too since a decent portion of the crowd is more passionate about one band than the other...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

We are getting a fall GNR tour according to my live nation contact who told me not to sweat missing the STL on sale because they were going to come around again.  This was in December or January - whenever the STL date went on sale.  

This has nothing to do with her opinion but I've booked a weekend in LA For July 21 weekend. Something is happening then.  The same station hyping that stupid FYF Fest is also teasing the Big GNR news.  If it were just tour dates, that KROQ station would probably be making the announcement, no?  The coliseum is on the grounds of the festival and the whole thing is promoted by Golden Voice who also promoted Coachella.  If you look at the video, they make a big deal about GNR playing Coachella last year.  Nobody cares about that performance anymore. It doesn't fit in, unless it were another show(s) presented by the same promoter.  

Goldenvoice is AEG Live though.

Live Nation is promoting this teaser.

• Like 1

I'd love to see them co-headline with another mega band like U2 or have some interesting openers like The Killers, Muse, or whoever is touring right now that's a cool band.

One thing I really love about the Illusion tour are all the kickass bands (aside from Skid Row) that Axl brought like Faith No More, NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Metallica, etc. Just a fucking legendary opening lineup there. 

Best they could do this time for the biggest reunion tour in history was get The Cult, a near-retirement The Who, and a bunch of other forgettable bands. Seems like this stuff is an after-thought for the band now.

17 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

A lot of up and comers don't draw half of what GNR does. It's bad business to have them open and depend on that $$$$ coming in...

The best thing you can do, business wise, is take two well known classic bands and have them co-headline. They're both significant draws on their own, so together, its a guarantee that money will be made

From a business perspective of course but again polarising an audience is bad for business. As many people will be put off at a co-headliner with a band they may not like and a shorter set and standing amongst fans who may not be 'into it' during the show. 

Truth be told aside from Aerosmith who are no where near as big in the UK and Ireland as they are in the States there really isn't anyone. Soon all these dinosaurs will be dead and so will stadium rock shows i.e. take risks and promote smaller bands as an opener act. 

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

I'd love to see them co-headline with another mega band like U2 or have some interesting openers like The Killers, Muse, or whoever is touring right now that's a cool band.

One thing I really love about the Illusion tour are all the kickass bands (aside from Skid Row) that Axl brought like Faith No More, NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Metallica, etc. Just a fucking legendary opening lineup there. 

Best they could do this time for the biggest reunion tour in history was get The Cult, a near-retirement The Who, and a bunch of other forgettable bands. Seems like this stuff is an after-thought for the band now.

Why would they co-headline with another bigger band when this whole tour is about the greatest reunion in a long time. They are filling stadiums on their own, it would be bad business sense to give a bigger cut of the revenue when you really don't need to.

Do you think U2 would accept the same payment as The Cult?

Just now, Spirit said:

Why would they co-headline with another bigger band when this whole tour is about the greatest reunion in a long time. They are filling stadiums on their own, it would be bad business sense to give a bigger cut of the revenue when you really don't need to.

Do you think U2 would accept the same payment as The Cult?

They're co-headlining with a band (The Who) at the end of a 1.5 year tour. The tour will not be able to fill stadiums for much longer - it would make sense to team up with another huge band. Also - A U2/GnR bill would be a kickass show (imho). Just like how they brought us Metallica at the expense of extra cash, it would be cool to see that again. That would help them continue playing stadiums.

As for The Cult, they're an opening band that's pretty irrelevant. I think Axl could have chosen a better band. He used to have good taste in music back in the day.

31 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

This is what Im afraid of. I do some work with the Blackhawks on the side and have to work the damn fan convention that weekend. Please dont let everything happen that Fri and Sat! 

10 minutes ago, RONIN said:

They're co-headlining with a band (The Who) at the end of a 1.5 year tour. The tour will not be able to fill stadiums for much longer - it would make sense to team up with another huge band. Also - A U2/GnR bill would be a kickass show (imho). Just like how they brought us Metallica at the expense of extra cash, it would be cool to see that again. That would help them continue playing stadiums.

As for The Cult, they're an opening band that's pretty irrelevant. I think Axl could have chosen a better band. He used to have good taste in music back in the day.

They're an opening band, and that was my point. They didn't need a co-headliner.

I wouldn't disagree with you that there are better openers out there, I was just considering the money aspect of it.

When you said that The Cult was "the best they could do" for this tour, I thought you meant that a co-headlining gig with U2 would have been better. Sort of like "they probably tried to get U2, but had to settle with The Cult". I just misread you.

• Like 1