Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

KLOS just tweeted that the announcement is pushing to Thursday. I'm sure they want to do right by Ariana tragedy and let some room build before the announcement. 

I pray to god it's a 30th AFD show at the Rose Bowl. And I would be floored as fuck if Izzy joins them for some of the Summer '17 North America tour. 

Hmmmmm...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

I'd love to see them co-headline with another mega band like U2 or have some interesting openers like The Killers, Muse, or whoever is touring right now that's a cool band.

One thing I really love about the Illusion tour are all the kickass bands (aside from Skid Row) that Axl brought like Faith No More, NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Metallica, etc. Just a fucking legendary opening lineup there. 

Best they could do this time for the biggest reunion tour in history was get The Cult, a near-retirement The Who, and a bunch of other forgettable bands. Seems like this stuff is an after-thought for the band now.

LOL at the revisionist history going on here.....axl didn't bring Metallida as am opening band, get real.

11 minutes ago, ramsey said:

KLOS just tweeted that the announcement is pushing to Thursday. I'm sure they want to do right by Ariana tragedy and let some room build before the announcement. 

I pray to god it's a 30th AFD show at the Rose Bowl. And I would be floored as fuck if Izzy joins them for some of the Summer '17 North America tour. 

Hmmmmm...........

Yah, that ain't happening.

2 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Well I tweeted a reply to KLOS, saying I think it is an arena tour with The Who in the US, and that I hope they come to Atlanta and they immediately liked my tweet....hmmm ?

Why in the fuck would either band do an arena tour in the US with the other when they could easily sell out arenas on their own....and what does the who have to do with the teaser vids they have released?

no offense to you personally but this whole co headlining tour in the US is just completely unfounded and ridiculous.

Edited by tsinindy

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, that ain't happening.

Why in the fuck would either band do an arena tour in the US with the other when they could easily sell out arenas on their own....and what does the who have to do with the teaser vids they have released?

no offense to you personally but this whole co headlining tour in the US is just completely unfounded and ridiculous.

No offense taken, but the Atlanta radio station was saying they heard it was in the works about a month or two ago. Just guessing, we will see on Thursday.

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

LOL at the revisionist history going on here.....axl didn't bring Metallida as am opening band, get real.

Co-headlining tour, metallica went on first. The tour happened because Axl and Slash are fans of Metallica and Lars liked Guns. Didn't feel like typing all that out in the original post. So yes, technically they weren't an opening band.

Just now, RONIN said:

Co-headlining tour, metallica went on first. The tour happened because Axl and Slash are fans of Metallica and Lars liked Guns. Didn't feel like typing all that out in the original post. So yes, technically they weren't an opening band.

Yah, that's not how or why it happened or why Metallica played first.  Thanks for playing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yah, that's not how or why it happened or why Metallica played first.  Thanks for playing.

That's how I thought it went down. What actually made that tour come together then?

From what I recall, Metallica went on first to avoid dealing with Axl's tardiness.

Just now, RONIN said:

That's how I thought it went down. What actually made that tour come together then?

From what I recall, Metallica went on first to avoid dealing with Axl's tardiness.

That's generally true, but not what you alluded to earlier.  

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Well I tweeted a reply to KLOS, saying I think it is an arena tour with The Who in the US, and that I hope they come to Atlanta and they immediately liked my tweet....hmmm ?

Was every response to the question also liked? 

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

Someone on Facebook said the billboard on Sunset is covered up now? 

Interesting.

4 minutes ago, slim26 said:

I am nearly certain that they alternated who played first for each show.

Nope, GNR went on last everytime. Metallica didnt want to deal with Axl´s lateness so it was an easy negotiation who went first. the opener was Faith No More on most dates.

Edited by Walapino
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walapino said:

Nope, GNR went on last everytime. Metallica didnt want to deal with Axl´s lateness so it was an easy negotiation who went first. the opener was Faith No More on most dates.

I guess my memory is failing from 25 years ago, I take your word for it.

KLOS is talking about it almost every 20 minutes... Last time they took a call. 

Radio Announcer: What do you think is the Big Announcement We got for you guys thursday??? 

Caller: They will get together... 

Radio Announcer: You should know they'd been touring together since last year... 

Caller: That's not Guns N' Roses, I mean Guns N' Roses will get together. 

Radio Announcer: Thank you very much, our next song... 

The radio announcer is reading twits, she yawned  about a DVD, and she said "I'll keep my fingers crossed this Appetite for Destruction thing is the big announcement we got for you next Thursday". 

She says they don't know what time the announcement will be. 

Edited by Fede
  • Like 3