Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

They are going to announce a AFD5 concert and then people would rush out and buy US tickets for there concerts.. be disappointed when Izzy and Steven aren't there.. is a plot they are doing to sell more tickets... AFD concert would be great and I would be happy with it.. someone please periscope it for me..

They are going to announce a AFD5 concert and then people would rush out and buy US tickets for there concerts.. be disappointed when Izzy and Steven aren't there.. is a plot they are doing to sell more tickets... AFD concert would be great and I would be happy with it.. someone please periscope it for me..

3 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

anything shy of guns n roses reuniting for the first time since steven and then izzy left would be disappointing.  if the five members of guns n roses are on stage alone that will be powerful and truly a remarkable reunion, but if guns n' roses is forced to play with any of axl's employees or any of the touring employees who play behind axl, slash & duff that would be terrible, lame, and a real fuck you to what the band was and how the band will be remembered in history.

the other scary and unacceptable bullshit would be if guns n' roses played axl's solo material from CD.  while axl and team yes will no doubt continue to push to legitimize CD and axl's solo years… these should not be the shows to do so.  imho.    

GN'Rs place in rock history is already solidified. They were one of the biggest bands in the world from '88-'93 and were thought by many to be the next Rolling Stones and then they imploded. The AFD5 reuniting or not reuniting 27 years after they last played together won't change the band's legacy. It'll be part of their story when they finally call it quits, but not their legacy/place in history. 

And c'mon man. CD isn't that bad of an album :smiley-confused2:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

Just wanted to pipe in on this, unless I've missed it, I've heard nothing that KLOS has an "exclusive" announcement, they are just advertising an announcement.  It is very likely that whatever KLOS is going to announce may already be announced by the band prior to them announcing it.  

Maybe... But I think show announcements are usually coordinated between the promoter and radio stations.

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

GN'Rs place in rock history is already solidified. They were one of the biggest bands in the world from '88-'93 and then they imploded and were thought by many to be the next Rolling Stones. The AFD5 reuniting or not reuniting won't change the band's legacy. It'll be part of their story when they finally call it quits, but not their legacy/place in history. 

Totally untrue, a reunited original 5 with another album that was even minimally successful or critically acclaimed would greaten their legacy exponetially.  Legacy and place in history are two completely different things.  

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

Maybe... But I think show announcements are usually coordinated between the promoter and radio stations.

To the extent that....promoter tells radio station when they can put information out there.  As with the dates last year and this coming year in the US, those were announced by the band first, but many radio stations had their own "announcement".  

• Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

Totally untrue, a reunited original 5 with another album that was even minimally successful or critically acclaimed would greaten their legacy exponetially.  Legacy and place in history are two completely different things.  

I guess we have different points of view then :P. For the record, I was talking about them sharing the stage again. I agree that an album would help their legacy a lot, but playing a one off show wouldn't change anything drastically.

• Like 1

Just now, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I guess we have different points of view then :P. For the record, I was talking about them sharing the stage again. I agree that an album would help their legacy a lot, but playing a one off show wouldn't change anything drastically.

Yah, a one off AFD5 show...that would be irrelevant to both for sure!!!

• Like 2

I'm going to take a stab at this and say the "announcement" will be a special 30th anny show.  But they won't announce specifically who will play, they'll just say "special guests" will be there. As far s venue I'll say Staples or the Forum. And maybe multiple dates 2 or 3

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

wut?

3 minutes ago, DMathski said:

I'm going to take a stab at this and say the "announcement" will be a special 30th anny show.  But they won't announce specifically who will play, they'll just say "special guests" will be there. As far s venue I'll say Staples or the Forum. And maybe multiple dates 2 or 3

This might be it.

Maybe a club show as well.

Just now, Gibson_Guy87 said:

GN'Rs place in rock history is already solidified. They were one of the biggest bands in the world from '88-'93 and were thought by many to be the next Rolling Stones and then they imploded. The AFD5 reuniting or not reuniting 27 years after they last played together won't change the band's legacy. It'll be part of their story when they finally call it quits, but not their legacy/place in history. 

i agree their legacy is remarkable, especially for the short period of time they were actually a working band, not to mention how young they were.  i guess my point is that i would rather see them go out as a band that got it together in the end rather than a band that imploded in the beginning.  regardless, what they've achieved together will be remembered forever.  

and i'm so so sorry my friend… but axl's solo record with hired employees that his lawyers enabled him to call "guns n' roses" is THAT bad.  all those layers can't hide the fact axl was lost and angry and needed his bandmates.  :lol:  imho.    

but staying on topic… i do hope WHATEVER is announced is positive, is new, is fresh, and is something that propels the band forward...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Please. New album. PLEASE.

P.S. Brace yourself for a Melissa 'The Rock Icon' Reese designer watch!

Nah bro. It'll be an Axl Rose line of granny hats for sale at the online store for $300 a piece

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunset Gardner said:

i agree their legacy is remarkable, especially for the short period of time they were actually a working band, not to mention how young they were.  i guess my point is that i would rather see them go out as a band that got it together in the end rather than a band that imploded in the beginning.  regardless, what they've achieved together will be remembered forever.  

and i'm so so sorry my friend… but axl's solo record with hired employees that his lawyers enabled him to call "guns n' roses" is THAT bad.  all those layers can't hide the fact axl was lost and angry and needed his bandmates.  :lol:  imho.    

but staying on topic… i do hope WHATEVER is announced is positive, is new, is fresh, and is something that propels the band forward...

I can see where you're coming from with the first part. I guess I'm just not as excited by it because I wasn't around for the original incarnation of the band. I'd be perfectly content if they just changed the setlist.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

What I was saying they will announce AFD5 concert,..., people will rush out and get tickets for the American leg thinking that Izzy and Steven will be there seeing that there is a AFD concert they won't be there.. it's a plot from guns for people to buy tickets for the American concerts..

i bet it's a AFD5 concert and then a tour with the people that are in there now.. I doubt frank and Richard will step out.. the video that Susan posted shows proof  of that..

Fuck, I really want to know what it is. I guess it really doesn't matter any way, since I am having back surgery next Friday. Not like I would be in a hurry to fly some where while I am getting short term disability lol. If I do decide to do something crazy like that I will upload the video for you guys. I am sure my wife's reaction would be pretty entertaining.....at least for you.

Probably will be a LA show for the AFD anniversary or something along those lines.

Edited by Tourettes2400

14 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Does any member here truly feel there will be an AFD 5 reunion? 

Unfortunately, no. I'm sure it will be a show announcement for LA, perhaps playing Appetite in its entirety. I hope I'm wrong!

15 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Does any member here truly feel there will be an AFD 5 reunion? 

I do...And I'm telling you this from the point of view of who don´t have the AFD5 Reunion as a priority of life. I'm much more into this "new album" or "new song" thing..but I really feel that this time is an AFD5 Reunion. Of Course that I could be wrong, but whoever this is just a feeling.

Edited by Derick

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Just wanted to pipe in on this, unless I've missed it, I've heard nothing that KLOS has an "exclusive" announcement, they are just advertising an announcement.  It is very likely that whatever KLOS is going to announce may already be announced by the band prior to them announcing it.  

Yeah I completely agree. Just because a local Radio station knows just makes it more plausible that the announcement will have something to do with an LA show. They'd want as many people to hear about it as possible to maximise ticket sales, so good old fashioned local radio exposure can't hurt. If it was new material or anything else they wouldn't need the help of some random radio station to help announce it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tsinindy said:

If the "huge" announcement, as the radio put it, ends up being a mere show L.A. And it was previously announce by the band in their official website. Why would anyone bother to listen to that radio? What's the point to listen to the same lame ass announcement twice?

10 hours ago, DMathski said:

Cue everyone rushing for tickets only for the special guest to be Billy Joel...:rofl-lol:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Cue everyone rushing for tickets only for the special guest to be Billy Joel...:rofl-lol:

Also Angus Young, The Who and Baz. It will be an Axl and Friends show. I wouldn't be surprised :lol:

• Like 2

As mentioned, no way would a local radio station announce new music, anyone who thinks it'll be this needs to give their head a shake. (apologies if it does turn out to be that, of course:lol:)

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1