Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

11 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

The radio isn't targeting the Guns N' Roses fans that sit on message boards and salivate over any new update from GN'R. They are targeting people driving to work and the casual listeners. So to those people "A RETURN TO LOS ANGELES" is a huge Guns N' Roses announcement.

Last year those same fans bought tickets without any huge announcement from a radio. And at that time it was even bigger. Because they hadn't seen Axl and Slash together in more than 20 years. I'm not saying those casual fans would be indiferent. I'm saying last year they probably were more excited and for sure it was huge. This time I'm not sure huge is the right word. Assuming the announcement is just another show with this current line up, no changes in the set list and no new album on the horizon.

32 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This. It's just not happening, Axl is very happy with this current lineup and doesn't feel need to change it. AFD5 is not happening.

Yes, it's happening.

That's why it's a HUGE announcement.

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

How many people actually listen to the radio anymore though? With pandora, apple music and spotify I doubt this random radio station is going to get many listeners that are interested in the announcement.

KLOS is one of the biggest radio stations in the LA area, so I'm sure they have a big audience. People listen to it all the time driving to work or whenever, plus whatever the announcement is the station will probably tweet about it also.

I'm sure that it will be something that GnR announces officially, but all of the radio stations and music press and everyone will share it also. It's not something exclusive to KLOS only. And if it's more shows then the station would probably follow up the announcement with a ticket giveaway.

13 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You guys are out of your minds if you think this is an AFD5 announcement. It will be new LA date(s) and free tickets for it. There was something like this already last year where a radio station had a either "big or "huge" (cant remember) GNR announcement to make, and that was exactly what it was, new show announcement with tickets for listeners. They will save the AFD5 shows for when this tour is over to cash in again because then everyone around the world is going to buy tickets again to see the originals. It's just the most logical and smart way to do it.

Yup

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You guys are out of your minds if you think this is an AFD5 announcement. It will be new LA date(s) and free tickets for it. There was something like this already last year where a radio station had a either "big or "huge" (cant remember) GNR announcement to make, and that was exactly what it was, new show announcement with tickets for listeners. They will save the AFD5 shows for when this tour is over to cash in again because then everyone around the world is going to buy tickets again to see the originals. It's just the most logical and smart way to do it.

AFD5 would not boost ticket sales. People already seen this tour as the "Reunion tour" so even if Izzy and Steven come back it won't help to sell stadiums again. Once they tour Europe and USA for 2nd time there go all big cities so they need new album or they will be forced to do arenas.

Edited by DexAxl

1 hour ago, supercool said:

;)

Didn't see the tweet, thanks for clarifying.

51 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

AFD5 would not boost ticket sales. People already seen this tour as the "Reunion tour" so even if Izzy and Steven come back it won't help to sell stadiums again. Once they tour Europe and USA for 2nd time there go all big cities so they need new album or they will be forced to do arenas.

Disagree, AFD5 would significantly boost sales, especially in the States...but only for one go round, then I'd agree.

Europe is already selling well for the most part.

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Do you mean the radio station in Manchester UK who gave away tickets? That's the only one I can remember and they didn't announce anything, they just had a GnR week and they gave away tickets to see them in Singapore. 

49 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Do you mean the radio station in Manchester UK who gave away tickets? That's the only one I can remember and they didn't announce anything, they just had a GnR week and they gave away tickets to see them in Singapore. 

A cincy station gave away tix last summer, Q95 gave away tix to Chicago.....I believe a Minnesota Startion had a giveaway to the upcoming show there  @Original can confirm? Pretty sure there's been giveaways on KSHE in St Louis as well.

i believe there's ticket giveaways on radio in local markets to almost every show that happens.  That's the way it is here in Indy at least.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, supercool said:

Yes, it's happening.

That's why it's a HUGE announcement.

There is absolutely no proof that AFD5 is happening, all there exists is extreme fan speculation. Considering Fortus has been giving interviews during this break, it's safe to say he is the staying rythym guitarist of this lineup. There exists no evidence that Melissa, Frank or Dizzy are out as well. The radio never said it was "huge" all they had was just a general announcement. Considering this is LA, my bet is that the announcement is going to be in correlation with a future LA show in-between the break. Guns would not announce something as major as new music or a resurgence of the AFD5 over a talk show.

I really hope their definition of "huge announcement" and ours are the same thing, but my gut keeps telling me no.

I maintain that I believe this will be a pair of shows on or around the AFD 30th anniversary date and that's a "huge announcement" in a radio stations eyes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

A cincy station gave away tix last summer, Q95 gave away tix to Chicago.....I believe a Minnesota Startion had a giveaway to the upcoming show there  @Original can confirm? Pretty sure there's been giveaways on KSHE in St Louis as well.

i believe there's ticket giveaways on radio in local markets to almost every show that happens.  That's the way it is here in Indy at least.

The one in Manchester said they had a huge GnR announcement too, we all thought it would be the announcement of the European tour dates. It turned out to just be a competition for tickets :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This. It's just not happening, Axl is very happy with this current lineup and doesn't feel need to change it. AFD5 is not happening.

Well said. You're absolutely right. The big announcement, in my opinion, will be that they're playing in LA. No way they skip a market that big.

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

In response to the previous tweet.

What is the best answer???

edit- never mind. I looked it up myself and it was fuckin stupid. "They're touring with Billy Joel"... AHAHAHAHA... so funny...

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

so, a little bird just came to my window and said:

warm up/anniversary show(s) in LA that will "feature" izzy and steven.  the bird didn't believe axl will ever tour with the afd5.  now, next year, ever.  unless the afd anniversary shows awaken something in him, like the spirit enters his body at rehearsal or during a show and he realizes how special the afd5 were together.  the bird wasn't sure if it would just be the afd5 for a couple songs or if they'd play appetite complete start to finish.  

my ex liked birds.  but that's all over now.   

Edited by Sunset Gardner

14 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

so, a little bird just came to my window and said:

warm up/anniversary show(s) in LA that will "feature" izzy and steven.  the bird didn't believe axl will ever tour with the afd5.  now, next year, ever.  unless the afd anniversary shows awaken something in him, like the spirit enters his body at rehearsal or during a show and he realizes how special the afd5 were together.  the bird wasn't sure if it would just be the afd5 for a couple songs or if they'd play appetite complete start to finish.  

my ex liked birds.  but that's all over now.   

What kind of venues are they looking to do these warm shows at? Small clubs like the troubadour show or something bigger?

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

What kind of venues are they looking to do these warm shows at? Small clubs like the troubadour show or something bigger?

the bird wasn't clear.  the afd5 playing either the whiskey/roxy/troubadour would be wild… but the bird also thought that either the forum/staples/dodgers might be realistic as well because they could certainly sell them out for a night or two.  

but who knows with these fucking birds.  you can't depend on them.  not anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

the bird wasn't clear.  the afd5 playing either the whiskey/roxy/troubadour would be wild… but the bird also thought that either the forum/staples/dodgers might be realistic as well because they could certainly sell them out for a night or two.  

but who knows with these fucking birds.  you can't depend on them.  not anymore. 

It would be nice if they do more than one show.

• Like 1