Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

They will probably announce the show in LA with AFD5, venue will most likely be some theater or club. Don't get your hopes up about single or album because you will be let down big time.

Edited by DexAxl
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

They will probably announce the show in LA with AFD5, venue will most likely be some theater or club. Don't get your hopes up about single or album because you will be let down big time.

I'd say getting your hopes up about either of these things wouldn't be wise

• Like 1

With that video now we know that whatever they announce is going to be BIG. No way they announce "a show date" with that video as a teaser. It's too big for just being a show. Also, the video is all about big historical events (specially the first one), so whatever comes next (aka Wednesday 23) must be big. Otherwise it would be too much of a teaser.

Im linking that knife Fortus got as a farewell gift. Like those golden Chinese Democracy records that Axl gifted nuGNR members to "close" the CD era and begin with this semi-reunion.

A) Izzy and Steven are back full time as GNR members.

B) An AFD 30th anniversary show is announced with Steven and Izzy playing.

C) New single.

D) Something big i cant think right now.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

48 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:
iA) Izzy and Steven are back full time as GNR members.

B) An AFD 30th anniversary show is announced with Steven and Izzy playing.

C) New single.

D) Something big i cant think right now.

A) No way in hell they are changing guitarist and drummer one week before European leg.

B) Most probable scenario

C) Come on it's GNR we are talking here

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I bet itll just be a show with the current lineup 

Exactly. This band's MO is to underwhelm fans. Maybe it's not even a show in LA - just a Del James meet and greet with fans where he hocks his shitty stories for cash.

• Like 1

Why would one radio station give us the news about an album or single ? I doubt it's that. I think has to be have something to do with the area. What? Idk. I hope I am wrong .   Only care for new music. Wouldn't even care about a one show with the original 5. And if that's the deal, it's going to be a one show deal. Frank, Richard , DIZZY, and MELISSA are not going anywhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

So now it's not just a radio station announcement.

It very well could be new music.

Yeah, why not. Release the lead single in may / juny and the album in november.

Edited by Sosso

14 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Exactly. This band's MO is to underwhelm fans. Maybe it's not even a show in LA - just a Del James meet and greet with fans where he hocks his shitty stories for cash.

Please God let this be true. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Jane M.
  • Like 1

After these timeline clips, I think that the possibilities for an AFD5 show are exactly zero and I don't understand how there are still people who expect the announcement to be about that.

But I'm starting to believe that it might be a song. Wednesday on the second clip, Slash's latest IG post... Also in the beginning of the first timeline video there is emphasis on Paradise City and the first time it was performed. If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't the first song the band wrote, but it's a song co-written by the 3 of them. Maybe this means something... or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

It could also be an AFD reissue/deluxe edition with some extras (live performances, new mixes...)...

...or just a warm-up show.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

I have to think new music + AFD5 lineup for a couple shows. No way they are going to keep touring without any new music...otherwise, it would be ending soon..like after the NA leg of the tour. Pretty sure I'm dreaming the impossible tho. 

Just now, Blackstar said:

After these timeline clips, I think that the possibilities for an AFD show are exactly zero and I don't understand how there are still people who expect the announcement to be about that.

But I'm starting to believe that it might be a song. Wednesday on the second clip, Slash's latest IG post... Also in the beginning of the first timeline video there is an emphasis on Paradise City and the first time it was performed. If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't the first song the band wrote, but it's a song co-written by the 3 of them. Maybe this means something... or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

It could also be an AFD reissue/deluxe edition with some extras (live performances, new mixes...)...

...or just a warm-up show.

I agree. I think all signs are pointing to a new song at this point. Susan posted a pic that made it seem like they were leaving for Ireland either today or tomorrow. So I don't think there will be any warm up shows or surprise gigs.

• Like 1

On May 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM, AxlRoseCDII said:

No one get your hopes up for an AFD reunion, Axl is very persistent on the current lineup and has no interest in such.

Your username has "CD II" in it. Considering Part 1 is almost 9 years old, and Axl has an almost entirely different band now, how "persistent" would you say Axl is really? I honestly doubt that Richard and Frank are looked at as much more than cheap labor by Axl. 

If this is anything but an AFD 5 show, I'll see it as a HUGE slap in the face to the fans. Axl needs to give Izzy the cut that he deserves. And if he's willing to do that, there is absolutely no reason why an AFD5 reunion couldn't happen.

Here's to hoping that Axl doesn't disappoint his fan base .. One of the greatest rock albums OF ALL TIME is about to turn 30!

Edited by todreamofwolves

Hoping for AFD5 (plus Dizzy for some Illusions, etc. songs, but let's not start that side debate lol).

At best, we'll get a new song.

Official prediction: nothing about AFD 30, and the NITL tour is getting a few more dates.

Point of optimism: They silenced Adler and tweeted Happy B-day to Izzy, and that's about it.

I wasn't putting my hopes up towards new music when I first saw the ig video, but then I started reading and.... You guys didn't help at all.

Now I'm absolutely freaking out and hoping for this fckng Wednesday to come :wow: