Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

......so you're sayin' there's a chance?! :wow:

7783048fade48335219b2af4a557295e12071eb2

I can't take it anymore. There's always some hype that something is going to happen and then... nothing. It's so fucking annoying :anger:

Well maybe they'll announce that DJ Ashba is going to be the CEO of the company that owns Evian or something...

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

...wait a minute!..."hype"? Slash and Duff were the last two original GNR members to leave and now they have returned, causing much hype. So, following that line of logic; the last two letters of hype are P & E. Order them in accordance with Slash & Duff coming BACK, i.e. going backwards and what it is 'P' & 'E' backwards you may say? *drum roll* E & P! GUNS N' ROSES ARE RELEASING A BRAND NEW EP ON WEDNESDAY!

#IlluminatiConfirmed #CSI:MYGNRFORUM

You cracked the code. Gongratulations Sherlock! :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

...wait a minute!..."hype"? Slash and Duff were the last two original GNR members to leave and now they have returned, causing much hype. So, following that line of logic; the last two letters of hype are P & E. Order them in accordance with Slash & Duff coming BACK, i.e. going backwards and what is 'P' & 'E' backwards you may say? *drum roll* E & P! GUNS N' ROSES ARE RELEASING A BRAND NEW EP ON WEDNESDAY!

#IlluminatiConfirmed #CSI:MYGNRFORUM

The only thing missing from that conspiracy theory is chemtrails. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starlight said:

I want the AFD reunion to happen, there's a chance the five guys together again can write a good GNR album . I hope that' s what they mean with the announcement .

Yes, the AFD5 reunion is the obvious best case scenario. GNR owe this to their fan base if they have even the slightest ounce of respect for them. Personally, I think new music by ANY lineup is a long shot, but I'm especially NOT interested in new material if it's coming from any lineup but the classic 5. I want an actual GNR album, not some Axl/Slash/&Duff album where they are being backed up by some nobodies.

Hopefully Axl has made enough money over the past year that he can now buy however many donuts he actually needs daily, AND that he's now willing to give Izzy a fair cut. It would be a total slap in the face to the fan base to not reunite the classic lineup for the 30th anniversary. Hopefully Axl understands this ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Surely it can't just be that tickets will go on sale to an already announced show? That would be anti-climactic to say the least.

I wouldn't be suprised if the "huge" announcement is this show with Def Leppard. Or the show with The Who and other stuff we already know about 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Leave AFD alone. It's perfect the way it is.

tenor.gif

It would ok if they would record a 30 th anniversary edition with Matt and Gilby. But since they aren't on board...don't even try. 

8 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Leave AFD alone. It's perfect the way it is.

tenor.gif

I don't know, I always thought the mix was kinda quiet. I'd welcome a remaster if it was done well. But re-recording it would be sacrilege.

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

I don't know, I always thought the mix was kinda quiet. I'd welcome a remaster if it was done well. But re-recording it would be sacrilege.

I love it the way it is to be honest, it sounds like the time it was recorded and everything is perfect but the guitar interplay is just amazing, I'm not sure it could get better than that. A re-recording would be awful, I agree.

• Like 2

A new single and maybe a video to go with it would be awesome! However, I don't think that would be the "huge announcement." Usually when a band releases a new albums/single/video, they already know and just say something like, "New single to be released on Wednesday!" The odds are that it's a show in LA for the anniversary. I don't think it will be the AFD5 but I think it'll be a show with "special guests." I think Adler will be there and maybe Sebastian Bach if he's around. It'll be something like that.