Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

I think it's tour related. Maybe some special thing for the Appetite anniversary. But I don't think that it is new music. The video is all about the not in this lifetime tour, then you have the Fernando tease at Live Nation...

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The speculation here about AFD5 is totally unfounded unfortunately, as the promo videos point to exactly the opposite. If there is one thing that these videos can't be blamed for, is misleading the public: they made it clear that it's all about the "big 3"; what else should they do so as people stop hoping that an AFD5 reunion could happen?

I'm not suggesting it's gonna be a new song, but compared to AFD5 it's more likely.

I wanna agree but, idk. The band is just so hell bent on only acknowledging the big 3

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Well, Izzy doesn't say much in general, and, moreover, what is there now for him to comment on? There aren't any actual rumours or leaks, just speculation on some fans' part based on nothing.

As for Steven, he stopped talking about the band's inner affairs involving him (probably because he is still under a non-disclosure contract and it was pointed out to him after his interviews), but other things he said in his latest interviews don't hint to anything for the future (he kept repeating that he got closure etc).

17 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

But this rumour only exists on mygnr. So he pobably doesnt know about it

15 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Quickly.... well, he gave a comment on the reunion last year a full two months after the official announcement. Rumors of his involvement had been circulating all the time.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I've followed Izzy's solo career pretty closely for years and even though he's quiet like you guys say he's also very predictable in his own way. It's hard to explain but the way he's been the past couple months just seems out of character to me. :shrugs:

As for the waiting two months before he said anything for NITL I'm pretty sure that was because he was still in talks with them at the time for possible guest spots. How could he answer if he's still negotiating with them?

Edited by Kris_1989

5 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

I think it's tour related. Maybe some special thing for the Appetite anniversary. But I don't think that it is new music. The video is all about the not in this lifetime tour, then you have the Fernando tease at Live Nation...

Refresh me on the Fernando thing.

20 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Not like this. Anytime there have been rumors he has shut them down pretty quickly.

He did give mygnr a shout out, so he clearly reads the forum.

Don't wanna get my hopes up but, until Izzy says anything there's hope..

Edited by Billsfan

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I've followed Izzy's solo career pretty closely for years and even though he's quiet like you guys say he's also very predictable in his own way. It's hard to explain but the way he's been the past couple months just seems out of character to me. :shrugs:

As for the waiting two months before he said anything for NITL I'm pretty sure that was because he was still in talks with them at the time for possible guest spots. He couldn't answer either way.

That might be true, about him being in negotiations during those months.

It might be the case this time around as well, outcome could be the same though.

7 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Agreed. I think it's much more likely they add a co-headliner for the NA tour to sell tickets 

5 hours ago, starlight said:

Remember we never thought Axl would have reunited with Slash as well...I don't see Izzy and Steven back in GNR for at least one show as an impossible thing 

Agreed. It amazes me that there are fans who actually think this "announcement" has anything to do with new music. While I'd love a new song or two, I believe that ship has long since sailed. And, I see new music being even less likely if Izzy isn't involved. 

The best possible news that we could get would be a reformation of the classic 5. There are far too many fans who have never gotten the chance to witness the real band, and others fans who think what they saw last year was truly GNR *shakes head*.

3 minutes ago, Spirit said:

It might be the case this time around as well, outcome could be the same though.

Very true. But we don't even know if there are negotiations going on or not. :lol:

I think that timeline video is our biggest hint. And that video completely distances the big3 from the AFD5 lineup. After that video, I don't see this announcement having anything to do with AFD5. But I do think at some point in the next year we will see Izzy & Steven as guests.

If I had to guess what the announcement will be I would say a new song (Or a possibly reworked CD2 song). Or more tour dates added. I don't think anything bigger than that will happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

As for the waiting two months before he said anything for NITL I'm pretty sure that was because he was still in talks with them at the time for possible guest spots. How could he answer if he's still negotiating with them?

Yeah, I think I get what you're saying. Izzy's voice message to Rolling Stone and his loot tweet were unusual in regards to how he acts in general, but on the other hand the reunion has been a very big event not to be compared to anything else during all those years. Also the conditions in both those occasions were different to the present ones. The RS message was after a series of articles in the press speculating on whether he would be involved or not (and probably, as you say, the delay was due to him being still in talks with them); as for the tweet, it was a response to things that came directly from the band. Now there is neither talk and rumours in the media (except for fan forums) nor anything leaked or said by the band.

• Like 1

Hey dudes! All I know is that I had a rough week and this news was a small rubber ball and now it's snowballing into something big( kinda like last year when some insider casually said that slash and axl were talking again, or the happy birthday tweet, this just feels like that and if it's original five for a couple of nights in July 'or' new music , it just feels right( this thread, /mark my words / will hit a fever pitch ( and calm me down) before Wednesday / wish I had an insider bat signal??/!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Drunk_on_Drugs said:

I've changed my mind: It's a new single, with Adler on drums (hence the silence from him). 

Adler is Axl's new: He's in my ass! guy. We won't see Adler in GnR for the next couple years. Duff and Slash tried to sneak him in, but Axl was clearly not amused by that... 

You guys shouldn't forget: Axl gives a fuck about the old fans. He won't change. 

• Like 1

Also, my real name ( tony kreis) imagine when I heard that 'rapid fire ' demo and the drummer was johnny kreis?, probably just a coincidence ( no real relation that I'm sure of, but it blew my mind, a huuuuuge fan since im ' an 8th grader( 42, now) my small point is , this band has made me and a lot of people happy/inspired around the world , it's always been how their music has made me feel, and last year I felt like I was in high school again hearing 'don't cry' and 'November rain' on the radio for the first time, righteous doesn't even cover it , they've always been about making us feel good and now it's coming!

Again. They didn't make such a hype for additional tourdates in the past. It has to be s.th. bigger. An afd5 concert doesn't make much sense, based on the timeline vid, where the big three are focused. I bet it's a new single. Probably atlas shrugged with slash and duff on it.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:29 PM, Sunset Gardner said:

obviously i would prefer new records and shows and tours… but to be honest… part of me would be happy just to see a PICTURE of the afd5 in a room, smiling, not being assholes to each other.  it just seems like at one point they were all so close, it'd be a shame to not celebrate themselves and the record they created at least for a night or two.  or for just a picture or something…  SOMETHING.  i want this to be the guns n' roses era where things aren't so dysfunctional.   

I'm out of likes, but very well said.

It's pretty much where I'm at. The band doesn't owe the fans jack sh*t, regardless of how I or anyone else feels. But they owe it to themselves to reunite for SOMETHING, like you said. Axl shouldn't be looking at this as trying to please the manic depressive side of the GNR audience, who complain about everything and aren't happy with anything he or the band does... he should do it, because the 5 of them are forever blood brothers. They went through something none of us will ever truly understand, and they should at least try to finish what they started. They probably don't need the money... but they should do it for each other. Like Stinson said after reuniting with the Replacements, it'll be very good for the soul.

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 3

And if it is a single, that's where the radio station comes in. Maybe they will have a "special guest", and be the first in the world to debut it. 

Does this station have any history with GnR from back in the day? Like they would wanna hook this station up with something like this?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

GNR was negotiating with both Adler and Izzy at one point, so it's not true Axl never wanted them there. Of course I don't know the specifics of those negotiations, nor do I know Adler and/or Izzy were treated fairly, but it's just not true that Axl 'doesn't care' about the fans. There was some point at least he (and Slash and Duff) wanted the AFD 5 to all be there, in some capacity.

Which is true, and it's also why there was a breakdown in negotiation and communication. Steven didn't care what his role or lackthereof would even be, he didn't even care for the fine print. He just wanted to be back on stage with GNR and get that piano off of his back. It's clear that GNR's vision of Izzy's role and how Izzy seeing what his role should be, were two completely different things. It shouldn't be complicated but, it is what it is

6 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Again. They didn't make such a hype for additional tourdates in the past. It has to be s.th. bigger. An afd5 concert doesn't make much sense, based on the timeline vid, where the big three are focused. I bet it's a new single. Probably atlas shrugged with slash and duff on it.

AFD5 seems unlikely based on the promo, I agree.

Still, it could be some kind of AFD celebration.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:40 PM, Sunset Gardner said:

so, a little bird just came to my window and said:

warm up/anniversary show(s) in LA that will "feature" izzy and steven.  the bird didn't believe axl will ever tour with the afd5.  now, next year, ever.  unless the afd anniversary shows awaken something in him, like the spirit enters his body at rehearsal or during a show and he realizes how special the afd5 were together.  the bird wasn't sure if it would just be the afd5 for a couple songs or if they'd play appetite complete start to finish.  

my ex liked birds.  but that's all over now.   

:lol::facepalm:

If this "bird" ends up being right, then you will have successfully replaced @Eddie Money as our new legit mygnrcsi insider.

Edited by Billsfan

28 minutes ago, Spirit said:

AFD5 seems unlikely based on the promo, I agree.

Still, it could be some kind of AFD celebration.

I would agree. The tour has been based on selling just the big three, and for a reason. On one hand, based on prior experience, it seems like it would be some July LA show(s), and at most the band will play the entire appetite album. At most, they could hope for Izzy and Steven to show up, without completely committing to them.

On the other hand, if Izzy and Steven were back, just for the sake of being the devil's advocate, they're not going to announce it via cheap minute and a half video. If anything, the video could just be a distraction, because all we know about are the big 3 so why not just show what the road has been like to this point for the big 3...in the GNR world, where things are backwards, it makes sense.

Not getting my hopes up that we're getting new music or AFD5 for some show(s) but, I'm just saying, there's an argument to be made either way that makes sense when ya think about it... We'll see what it is on Wednesday.