Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Steven also said that he wasn't willing to do anymore GnR shows unless Izzy was involved also, and if they've gotten Steven to be quiet because maybe he's under contract to work something out again then maybe they're trying to work something out with Izzy also. Otherwise Steven wouldn't be interested. It's a long shot though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lio said:

GNR was negotiating with both Adler and Izzy at one point, so it's not true Axl never wanted them there. Of course I don't know the specifics of those negotiations, nor do I know Adler and/or Izzy were treated fairly, but it's just not true that Axl 'doesn't care' about the fans. There was some point at least he (and Slash and Duff) wanted the AFD 5 to all be there, in some capacity.

Adler: "I only talked to Axl for literally ten seconds. The first night I played with them in Cincinnati, I got a fistbump and a little smile, and that was good enough for me. And then at Dodger Stadium [in Los Angeles], I got to give him a little hug and shake his hand and say I love him and he fucking rules and 'thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. I had the greatest time.' And he walked on his way. And I went on with my life.

And:

Adler: "I got there. And I got my wife [who is Argentinian], all her family, her parents, her sisters, her sisters' babies, their mothers, their aunts… I got, like, nine of 'em, and I was up there and I was ready to go up. And Axl says, 'What the fuck is he doing here? He's not supposed to be here 'till tomorrow?' So I was, all, 'Excuse me? I just flew fifteen thousand miles.' 

Edited by 2414225

5 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

Maybe Aerosmith will coheadline the NA tour. The respective dates match up perfectly 

I just don't see an event like that being the big announcement. I'm just going off of the fact that the videos (at least the first) were historical events for the band. A co-headline tour with Aerosmith would be the shit though

As much as I like Aerosmith, meh. I give zero fucks to anything that isnt new music, even AFD5 'cause whats the point of having AFD5 back if we dont get new songs? I know its too soon to ask for an album, even for a single, but I've seem Axl solo countless times, I've seen NITL last year and I'll be seeing 'em again in September, it'll be sad if the announce is about new tour dates or anything like that. 

18 minutes ago, default_ said:

As much as I like Aerosmith, meh. I give zero fucks to anything that isnt new music, even AFD5 'cause whats the point of having AFD5 back if we dont get new songs? I know its too soon to ask for an album, even for a single, but I've seem Axl solo countless times, I've seen NITL last year and I'll be seeing 'em again in September, it'll be sad if the announce is about new tour dates or anything like that. 

For me a new song or two would be cool as hell..... Any more than that is just setting the majority up for disappointment. A lot of key members still missing for any more than that. Give one new song t replace a CD song in the set and I am good... There are so many classics they could play to mix things up a bit without new shit.. Start with the alternate setlist.... Nice Boys, You're Crazy (Slow Tempo ;) ) THINK ABOUT YOU, Locomotive, more Out Ta Get Me, Breakdown, Jumpin Jack Flash, Mama Kin yadayadyada

44 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I just don't see an event like that being the big announcement. I'm just going off of the fact that the videos (at least the first) were historical events for the band. A co-headline tour with Aerosmith would be the shit though

What's throwing me off is that Live Nation tweeted the new timeline video, meaning it's probably tour related. Fernando met with LN, Aerosmith is a live nation artist, they have the dates free, Slash has liked Aerosmith tweets recently, and they're playing festival shows with them already. It makes sense but I have no clue haha 

Edited by KiernanProud
  • Like 1

It would be cool to see them together. I love both bands. LN is probably just trying to get everyone hyped up to announce a new leg of the tour.

I really do think they will do something special in LA for the fans. The sign hasn't been seen there for that long for nothing.

30 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

What's throwing me off is that Live Nation tweeted the new timeline video, meaning it's probably tour related. Fernando met with LN, Aerosmith is a live nation artist, they have the dates free, Slash has liked Aerosmith tweets recently, and they're playing festival shows with them already. It makes sense but I have no clue haha 

one thing to consider, is that bigger bands get signed to these things called 360 or all exclusive deals nowadays, which means the promo company like live nation gets a cut of ALL revenue sources of GnR, and GnR seems like they could have signed one.

Damn Mega' , you're making too much sense, when the 'Chinese democracy ' single premiered on my local station years ago, it was nation wide, and what band builds hype to give news about a single that will be released in the near future ?

At least we're in the game and they didn't just go start the tour without this( I'm a positive person)

7 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

Maybe Aerosmith will coheadline the NA tour. The respective dates match up perfectly 

GNR and Aerosmith are not bands that need to be co-headlining anything, both of those bands are capable of selling out an arena by themselves, now if GNR is thinking of doing a "stadium" tour again, I am guessing a co-headlining with Aerosmith or another big band is what it is going to take, but as far as an Arena or an Amphitheater show which is what I am guessing if they are going to tour in the fall and winter, those are solo shows with maybe some minorly popular opener

3 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

Also add that GNR's photographer Kat is currently on tour with them.

a fall Aerosmith tour doesn't seem far fetched.

3 hours ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

It's not going to be new music. I wish it was. But it won't be. Please don't get excited guys. We've been down this road so many times. It's more dates. 

No more dates in the US... most of the upcoming stadium dates have still a lot of seats available.

I believe there will be an AFD Reunion or a massive Co-Headliner for those 15 dates. Otherwise the stadiums will be really empty.

Am I the only person who would be actually dissapointed if this line up released music? 

i mean, if there is going to ever be new music released, whether it be a song or an album, it has to be the classic line up. 

if this line up releases something, that's basically the end of izzy and Adler ever being a viable part of the bands future in any kind of way at this late stage. 

i hope the announcement is AFD, 1 show, pro shot, to be released for everyone, finish this NITL tour off, and then get the 2 lads back and finish off with a final album and a world tour then call it a day! 

Ahhhhh I can dream haha

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Am I the only person who would be actually dissapointed if this line up released music? 

i mean, if there is going to ever be new music released, whether it be a song or an album, it has to be the classic line up. 

if this line up releases something, that's basically the end of izzy and Adler ever being a viable part of the bands future in any kind of way at this late stage. 

i hope the announcement is AFD, 1 show, pro shot, to be released for everyone, finish this NITL tour off, and then get the 2 lads back and finish off with a final album and a world tour then call it a day! 

Ahhhhh I can dream haha

I'm fine with whichever lineup gets new music out of Axl...the original 5 will get back together when Axl turns 60