Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

I got the big news for you; Axl,Slash,Duff and the aliens will continue touring,while Izzy and Steven join traci on LA Guns  and change the name to GnR's Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler present: LA Guns the band behind Guns n Roses and go on a successful billiard-club tour splitting the loot three-way,which will force Axl to release new music to validate his version of Guns n Roses

19 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Am I the only person who would be actually dissapointed if this line up released music? 

i mean, if there is going to ever be new music released, whether it be a song or an album, it has to be the classic line up. 

if this line up releases something, that's basically the end of izzy and Adler ever being a viable part of the bands future in any kind of way at this late stage. 

i hope the announcement is AFD, 1 show, pro shot, to be released for everyone, finish this NITL tour off, and then get the 2 lads back and finish off with a final album and a world tour then call it a day! 

Ahhhhh I can dream haha

How odd. Izzy isn't there because he said no. Maybe he has good reasons for that, I don't know. Fact is he doesn't want to be there in whatever they had planned for him or had to offer. So it doesn't seem to be on the table, as far as we know now.

How could you not want new music? People have been begging for Slash and Axl to come together again, and now there are actually fans of the band that don't want new music? Mind boggling.

I don't see how music with Izzy and Steven is more likely if we don't get any music from these guys. Axl has trouble releasing anything, but Duff and Slash don't. Why would you prefer no music to music of Axl, Slash and Duff?

Frankly, I would welcome any release with Axl's vocals on it with open arms, throw in Slash's guitar sound and it sounds like heaven to me. Sure, AFD5 would be great if it would ever come to that, but you can be happy with what you get, and that's the way I choose to look at it. I'm seeing Slash, Axl and Duff together on stage next month. Unless they don't show up, they won't disappoint me. It's more than I ever expected. Anything more is just a bonus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tadsy said:

Am I the only person who would be actually dissapointed if this line up released music? 

i mean, if there is going to ever be new music released, whether it be a song or an album, it has to be the classic line up. 

if this line up releases something, that's basically the end of izzy and Adler ever being a viable part of the bands future in any kind of way at this late stage. 

No, I'm fine with Matt and Gilby if Axl don't find a solution with Adler and Izzy. Having Frank and 4tus on a GnR record is a horrible choice and would effect the GNR sound negatively. 

On May 24th, I would love to see an announcement for a new live DVD from their golden era. 

Edited by 2414225
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Steven breaks hos silence if this it to be believed:

wants to tour with a supergroup that inclides Lita Ford. If thats the case, i guess we can rule him out?

http://www.antimusic.com/news/17/May/22Original_Guns_N_Roses_Star_Wants_To_Continue_Supergroup.shtml

I wouldn't say it rules him out. The NITL tour is on till at least October this year and I think Adler is doing this to keep him busy. I can only imagine if anything happens for AFD 30th it's going to be a one off show so he'd manage that no bother. Time will tell. 

These are all creative guys. All they've ever done is write music in one way or another.  I have to think that doing the same gig over and over with no new material to show off gets tedious. I think there may be a single in the works. Kind of a feeler...if received well, then maybe an album and another tour?

More realistic...it's an announcement for some kind of 30th AFD show. The Live Nation involvement kind of supports that. Not sure about Aerosmith touring with them. Cool? Yes. But, not something that I would consider "huge" as far as an announcement.

10 hours ago, k12 said:

GNR and Aerosmith are not bands that need to be co-headlining anything, both of those bands are capable of selling out an arena by themselves, now if GNR is thinking of doing a "stadium" tour again, I am guessing a co-headlining with Aerosmith or another big band is what it is going to take, but as far as an Arena or an Amphitheater show which is what I am guessing if they are going to tour in the fall and winter, those are solo shows with maybe some minorly popular opener

Agree.  A live nation contact told me that this run of shows currently scheduled in US/Canada from July-October is not the final run of this tour.  Maybe that means arenas after this? 

• Like 1

Axl is The King of touring. 

One album of original material in the last 25 years does suck for the fans. 

The only announcement that would excite me in the least bit would be concrete news of a new album. Or double album. 

We don't need a remastered Appetite. Or another greatest hits. Or more touring news. Or another live DVD. 

It said coming back to where it all began so it still could be AFD. Unlikely... but still a small chance for a one off LA show.

Edited by Kris_1989
typos

5 hours ago, Tadsy said:

i hope the announcement is AFD, 1 show, pro shot, to be released for everyone, finish this NITL tour off, and then get the 2 lads back and finish off with a final album and a world tour then call it a day! 

Ahhhhh I can dream haha

I have mixed feeling about this lineup releasing music... I really have no interest in any input from Frank, Fortus and Smurfette... But a new song with Slash, Duff and Axl would still excite me.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Livenation now promoting it:

"In April 2016... It all began ...with the kickoff at Tower Records"

"Now they're coming home where it all began... Wednesday 24"

Looks like an LA show, club show maybe like The Troubadour

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Well, so it's new tour dates? Nothing to do with AFD surely. It would be funny if they started doing Get in the Ring :P

Yeah the way I see it means more dates. That Get In The Ring thing it's a head scratcher for me.