Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

I do appreciate that the band wants to be respectful of the people who died or were injured in the horrific attack, but like others said I don't think anyone would have been seriously angry or there would've been any real controversery if they announced tour dates a few days after something like that.

Although; I'm sure that altnation would think of a news story.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

33 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

That's how you protect the public, well done. It's just a shame that it takes an actual attack in order for it to be implemented. Should've been there in the first place given the amount of attacks there's been over the last few years.

• Like 2

there have been good points made for and against the few different ideas it may be , to me the fact that is only a Los Angeles station speaks volumes .

it wont be extra tour dates as more than 1 station would be on this

it wont be a new record because  again just 1 station.... .  local show/shows is all that is left .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

If it's just tour dates, I don't get why they have to postpone, unless they were announcing a date in that particular venue? That might be it.

At the risk of sounding cynical, we've had quite a few horrible attacks these past months/years. Furthermore, I don't think anyone would feel offended or hurt if GNR announced tour dates/a new song/an LA show two days after an attack.

Yes,but theys have great history whithEngland

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Had a dream last night about the announcement.  It was about a new song called something like I Will or Will Try and even made some of it up him head (it wasn't bad, if I can recall, lol).  

We can all dream ;)

I'm jealous of your great dreams, I fucking had nightmares because of Manchester.

alright ive known for a couple a days what the announcement has been thats why my screen name is what it is i hate to see u guys all suffer throught this waiting most of you will be disapointed  but one thing we can count on is the seeker wont be leaving the set list 

Guns n Roses is going on a double headlining tour with The Who 

12 minutes ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

Who is Jarmo?  Is that person a reliable source?  I have not seen anything on G N R facebook page or twitter page?  Also i have not seen anything on KLOS twitter page either?

Yeah he's Fernando. Basically GN'R's manager.

Ignore that. He's not.

Edited by AlexC

7 minutes ago, Gnrwho said:

alright ive known for a couple a days what the announcement has been thats why my screen name is what it is i hate to see u guys all suffer throught this waiting most of you will be disapointed  but one thing we can count on is the seeker wont be leaving the set list 

Ill humor you and ask if it applies to currently scheduled US shows? No openers announced yet.

8 minutes ago, Gnrwho said:

And how exactly do you know this is what the announcement will be?

11 minutes ago, Gnrwho said:

No shit, that's already been announced in South America, not happening anywhere else.

Just now, AlexC said:

Really? Wow you learn something new everyday. Okay then, who the fuck is he?

Fernando is Axl's manager.

Jarmo runs the HTGTH site and is also employed by GNR to do many things, some of them you may see, some ya don't.  He is very intertwined in the camp but he is not a manager of anyone there.

• Like 1