Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Just now, AFD5 said:

Surprise guest spot at Donington ? 

Dates overlap/are within a day of shows they have elsewhere so it's doubtful. Also, with how shit the line-up is this year there's no way Download wouldn't have announced them to ensure ticket sales.

Just now, tsinindy said:

What?  lol

Guns touring with Aerosmith, like back on the AFD tour.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Its just going to be more dates so we can hear It's So Easy followed by Brownstone, 2 more hours of butchering with Fortus outplaying Slash, Frank being shit and Melissa doing backing vocals on songs about killing women and burying them or fucking them and then high pitched weak Mickey catching his breath through Paradise City while streamers go everywhere. Again and again and again and again and again. 

What do I want to see?

Izzy for some choice cuts with 2 guitars, no Fortus. 

Izzy and Steve playing all of AFD mid show as a 5 piece. 

New song but again with Stradlins involvement. Not a SMK&C left over with Axl singing. 

Dont want a Blu Ray or DVD. Previous 2 are shit albeit with the worst incarnations of GN'R

New album co-written with Izzy is the big one really. 

"BUT: IT IS WRITTEN.... " This is GN'R. Its 2 fat guys with no fire left in their big bellies and a guy who's as punk as my Grandmother (she's dead btw) and Vegas left overs. Its a band of continuous disappointment. 

:lol:

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Emily Eavis did say they have kept a huge band a surprise - there's the word huge again :lol:

Entirely possible. Metallica did a couple of years ago and were greatly received. With the reunion Guns are even bigger so they'd fit right in. (Even though glasto has become an absolute joke of a festival.)

The more I think about this, the more I think it's to announce Arena tour dates.  A local DJ here in Orlando actually said the plan was to do US arenas later this year (he said it last summer)....and the whole "Get in the Ring" theme could allude to arenas (since that's where the vast majority of boxing matches are held).

10 minutes ago, bedilkaromawar said:

How about possibility Aerosmith as a opening act/co headlining for US 2nd leg?  they don't have any schedule yet after touring arena in Europe 

http://www.aerosmith.com/

Makes sense right after all the shows in South America they both have planned... a fall till NYE tour with aerosmith. 

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

The more I think about this, the more I think it's to announce Arena tour dates.  A local DJ here in Orlando actually said the plan was to do US arenas later this year (he said it last summer)....and the whole "Get in the Ring" theme could allude to arenas (since that's where the vast majority of boxing matches are held).

Agree, now that a station in Michigan and New York say they have big announcements tomorrow as well.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

GNR and Aerosmith using the same Logo type: 

Could be a stretch... but that is oddly similar.. 

Also, when have we seen GNR use some purple explosion background before?

Kat might edit the videos for both of them 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That would be terrible.. I would seriously question even going..... Would they still play as many crap CD songs with a shorter set? Would we have to pay double because the Who is on the bill? I could care less about the Who... Never mind that it is a sin to put even a penny in Townsend's pocket...

I agree. The tickets would be outrageous, unless they take a pay cut, which seems unlikely, and the set would be shorter. I think that would only appeal to casual fans who like the popular songs of each respective band.

• Like 2

I don't think a tour with Aerosmith is realistic. Before Guns announced support acts for the US leg of the tour last year, people speculated that it might be anyone from Foo Fighters to Metallica. We ended up with the likes of Skrillex and some garbage country act. Besides, Aerosmith are on their farewell tour as we speak.

I think the big announcement is just an extra leg of US dates in the fall. Same lineup as today, same setlist. Maybe a one-off in L.A. before the fall shows.

• Like 3

I love classic and early nineties Aerosmith but Nine Lives really wasnt my thing at all.  Have never reconnected since then.  And advertising current tour this way doesnt make me excited either:

Edited by soon

4 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Why a big/huge announcement about more dates. There must be something else in it. 

Because they enjoy watching the fans squirm on the Internet. Everyone gets too hyped up and it's bound to be a disappointment. 

Just now, yesfan18 said:

If it was Aerosmith or The Who wouldn't they be teasing something too? 

Well it'd be a bit too obvious if they did. They could've easily just decided between them during the negotiations who is gonna promote it through social media. It actually makes more sense that Guns would be the ones to do it. They have a bigger presence on there.

Or this could have absolutely nothing to do with Aerosmith haha, we'll find out tomorrow.