Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

18 minutes ago, Fede said:

They added a blank space between dates in the week of the anniversary in the official tour dates page. Only visible in a computer. 

I think that's just because it's two different legs. One is a European leg and the other North American, the gap is just to differentiate between the two.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, delilahrose said:

Now THAT would be a "huge announcement." And, that would be something too! I would LOVE for that to be it! Just to celebrate the 30th anniversary, the original AFD5 will play a few shows in LA, NYC, Chicago, etc. That is what I would consider "huge." I wish it was that. I wish it so much.

The plot thickens!

well they could play AFD5 July 21st 23rd and 25th at Hollywood bowl or LA Coliseum... and then revert to NITL with aliens... lol:lol: sorry I had to..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

I think that's just because it's two different legs. One is a European leg and the other North American, the gap is just to differentiate between the two.

Then we should have another gap between Alamodome and Rock in Rio.

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

you are right... but why would gnr announce US tour when entire august and end of july is US tour?

If and I'm not sold on it totally yet....but if it is arena dates, they are probably dates in markets other than where they are playing this summer and will take place in fall/winter.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

If it ends up being just US dates with The Who, I'll probably end up sitting out of a Detroit GNR show for the first time in history. I have less than zero interest in seeing them do a show with The Who. 

In that case spend your money in something else you know you're going to enjoy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

well they could play AFD5 July 21st 23rd and 25th at Hollywood bowl or LA Coliseum... and then revert to NITL with aliens... lol:lol: sorry I had to..

That would be awesome! I'm sure Steven will be there, but to have an AFD anniversary show without Izzy is just wrong. I don't want to see the current lineup play AFD with Melissa jumping around in the background "lit af."

1 hour ago, AlexC said:

That also fits in to the "back where it all began" or whatever the fuck that video said.

I'm probably really reaching here but they did open for The Rolling Stones at the LA Coliseum in 89. Would Mick join up with Axl again? (it didn't go so well last time around) :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If and I'm not sold on it totally yet....but if it is arena dates, they are probably dates in markets other than where they are playing this summer and will take place in fall/winter.

but whats more left... next you know they gonna play Panama city beach? they dont even have that amount of fans in those 3rd grade markets...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackieloveless said:

You cant just do a few one off afd5 shows , and then go back to the current version like nothing happened , especially with the internet . obviously my opinion.

Nah. If they announce that, I'm cancelling my other shows. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

That wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't be upset over that. I've thought this big announcement is just more dates anyway. The only way I'll be bummed is if those dates are US stadiums with The Who. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

but whats more left... next you know they gonna play Panama city beach? they dont even have that amount of fans in those 3rd grade markets...

A lot is left actually, probably more markets left than what they have and will play through the end of summer.  I can think of 20 markets off the top of my head where they'd sell out 20,000 seat arena right now rather easily.  Probably could sell out an arena in every market they've played in a stadium as well.  

• Like 1

GNR getting an announcement out is like Ricky Bobby trying to get in the car with the cougar.

After Jimmy Kimmel/Coachella week, I'm like... if they announce Axl's popcorn burned in the microwave, I'll want to pat them on the back and be like, "You did it!"

3 minutes ago, G-Money said:

After Jimmy Kimmel/Coachella week, I'm like... if they announce Axl's popcorn burned in the microwave, I'll want to pat them on the back and be like, "You did it!"

Popcorn. Steven? Is this a hint!? WHO DO YOU WORK FOR? TELL ME!

• Like 3