Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

A lot is left actually, probably more markets left than what they have and will play through the end of summer.  I can think of 20 markets off the top of my head where they'd sell out 20,000 seat arena right now rather easily.  Probably could sell out an arena in every market they've played in a stadium as well.  

I thought tour cycle goes - primary (markets) secondary, primary - secondary and so on... If you take a look at Coldplay they are playing primary markets again this year in August in US and they played them as well last year at the same time.. and have NO problems selling them out.. unlike Guns... a British band sells more than US band in US...shame..

If it's just more US dates...I'm out unless at least a new single is released. Not supporting this anymore without something new to sorta differentiate it from a complete nostalgia cash grab. Without something new I think they're going to be surprised how many seats are empty this next US leg.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I thought tour cycle goes - primary (markets) secondary, primary - secondary and so on... If you take a look at Coldplay they are playing primary markets again this year in August in US and they played them as well last year at the same time.. and have NO problems selling them out.. unlike Guns... a British band sells more than US band in US...shame..

Coldplay release music. Shit music, but music nonetheless.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

and don't get your hopes up for gigs with Izzy and Steven, I bet is something for the AFD anniversary with the current line up

Exactly my thought...and IF there will be guest spots from Steven/Izzy they won't tell us tomorrow ! Announcement will only be - SURPRISE...we are celebrating AFD 30th with one or two extra shows !

Edited by EricA

10 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I wonder which band puts out a new album every 2 years...

• Like 1

Why would they postpone an announcement of just new US dates because of what happened in England? That coupled with the early announcement time may lend credence to the possibility of a press conference in Ireland tomorrow. Just a thought. 

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

Why would they postpone an announcement of just new US dates because of what happened in England? That coupled with the early announcement time may lend credence to the possibility of a press conference in Ireland tomorrow. Just a thought. 

Watch the video again.

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

Which one? I'm confused by the mention of 3 videos or whatever. 

The most recent one. It says "They're returning back to where it all started." So it heavily implies something to do with LA. Or, at the very least, the US in general.

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

I wonder which band puts out a new album every 2 years...

I wonder which band has so many hits they cannot compomise their setlist ...(hint: Guns)... Coldplay also.. not being biased..

I don't disagree with you but I don't really understand the appeal of new music (in case of Guns of course)...

You know what I mean? Even if they release something new their setlist stays the same 80% ..that's how many great songs Guns have..

The only prospect of releasing new album is playing it in its entirety.. otherwise its pointless touring 'in support of it'..

I've tried to guess at every possible scenario and I'm down to my last hail mary...maybe it's a GnR/Metallica concert? Sort of "back where it began"? That 1992 tour started 17 July. That's pretty close to the 30th anniversary of AFD of 21 July. Metallica is on the west coast on 29 July at the Rose Bowl.  Would kind of be hysterical IMO to have those guys playing together again. Considering their hatred of each other back in the day.

28 minutes ago, Izzyslash said:

Nah. If they announce that, I'm cancelling my other shows. 

And that's exactly why they are not doing it. They know few people would care for the rest of the tour if there is a one off AFD 5 reunion. If one day there is an AFD5 reunion it won't be just one show. Unless it's the very last show of the tour

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

The excitement is getting bigger....the fans are getting nervous....they're counting down the last hours...to hear the announcement....that Pitman's back in the band. :smiley-confused2:

(because it is too mainstread to have only two keyboard players in a rock band)

:rofl-lol: