Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

5 minutes ago, AlexC said:

The most recent one. It says "They're returning back to where it all started." So it heavily implies something to do with LA. Or, at the very least, the US in general.

Yeah, just watched it. Once again that video just reiterates that without at least a new single this is getting stale. Don't come back to to the US with the same old shit. You already did that last year and this summer...

8 minutes ago, Fede said:

My thoughts (and hopes) is because APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION isn't the best phrase to be pronounced after a terrorist attack. 

That could be. Although not really sure there is a huge difference between announcing that today or tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

That could be. Although not really sure there is a huge difference between announcing that today or tomorrow.

Just to show respect, let them know that they do care. 

• Like 1

I personally like the band the way it is do not care to see the appetite 5 all though they were great and got me to be a big fan, The band evolved and if it is the 5 then a lot of songs would not be included. They were great in Pittsburgh last year awesome show will be seeing them in Hershey this year.

• Like 2

Isn't it fascinating that a lot of people are still curious about these GnR announcements? 

Axl didn't deliver since 1993. He is only teasing since then. The only thing we got were concerts and an album which he probably had to release because of the skwrl leaks. 

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

I find it even more fascinating that someone who thinks Axl hasn't delivered since 1993 and who does little more than being negative and mocking other posters speculating about this 'huge' announcement, would take the trouble to register on a GNR forum in april 2017.

I'm reading mygnr since 2004...

19 hours ago, Izzymacbeth said:

From a business perspective of course but again polarising an audience is bad for business. As many people will be put off at a co-headliner with a band they may not like and a shorter set and standing amongst fans who may not be 'into it' during the show. 

Truth be told aside from Aerosmith who are no where near as big in the UK and Ireland as they are in the States there really isn't anyone. Soon all these dinosaurs will be dead and so will stadium rock shows i.e. take risks and promote smaller bands as an opener act. 

The dinosaurs may die, so you milk the cash while you can. It's business

I have a strong feeling they will re-release AFD with that tan cover. 

Knowing GNR, there will be no new bonus tracks or specials to go along with it. Just a single LP with the new artwork to Get on the hipster vinyl hype train.

They also threw a bone to the collecters with that Nightrain single. I'm sure that will complement the re-release perfectly.

Pearl Jam did the same thing for the re-release of the "Singles" soundtrack. They released the two songs they penned for the movie on a 45 and threw it to the collectors for Record Store Day.

As we know though, GNR are unlike any other band.

2 hours ago, blackieloveless said:

You cant just do a few one off afd5 shows , and then go back to the current version like nothing happened , especially with the internet . obviously my opinion.

It'd still be better than nothing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, default_ said:

No matter who they are touring with and no matter what festival they're headlining, no matter the lineup, they shouldnt have done all this drama to announce more gigs.

I hate this band.

This

• Like 1