Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

14 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

ok time to say this ,  this is not GUNS N ROSES per say this is 50 plus year old guys raking in their retirement investment  ,  new music does not sell anymore , but tickets do .

When they play markets they missed first time in US and Europe people are not gonna pay for same shit again.

Music doesn't sell like before but it sells well considering piracy, and gets people hyped about seeing the band again of course if these old fuckers can still write a good song.

Edited by DexAxl
  • Like 2

I thought that I loved Guns N' Roses. And I thought that they loved me. But they don't seem to love me. And I'm realizing that I might hate Gun N' Roses.

Fuck you Guns N' Roses!!

(if new album streamed, free of charge, tomorrow can we all agree to forget I ever said this???)

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

Seems pretty clear from all the bits n pieces coming together, that it's a fall US arena tour, probably kicking off in LA. I imagine that's the sum total of the announcement.

Holding out like 1% hope that there's something more to the story because of the LA billboard. Seems weird there were no other teaser billboards in these "other lucky cities". The other legs involved signs saying Patience or Paradise City or whatever in all the cities... I'll throw in another 1% of hope from Slash's photo of the dinosaur mixing a song, and the old mysterious studio photo. But I'd bet my paycheck it's strictly GnR arena dates...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

I'm sure GNR will find the way to fuck over fans and milk some more money as long as they can, just not to record an album because that's so scary.

Touring is "fucking over fans" ?

57 minutes ago, Packersfan#4#12 said:

What would be cool to see is a remastered AFD with 1 or 2 new songs thrown in there 

I don't think they should touch Appetite.. It is perfect.. Wouldn't mind a live album new or old with a couple new songs though.

1 minute ago, Blackjacker said:

The best thing about the announcement tomorrow will be that this thread can end.

The more I read this thread the dumber I get.

so by writing in this thread you agree that your words are making people dumber

• Like 1

I looked at the Buffalo ticket sales so far recently and man - there's so many seats still available. I'd be surprised if 25% of the seats have been sold.

Add a co-headliner like Aerosmith or Foo Fighters and that would help a bunch

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

The best thing about the announcement tomorrow will be that this thread can end.

The more I read this thread the dumber I get.

6 minutes ago, soon said:

so by writing in this thread you agree that your words are making people dumber

5 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

Exponentially.

So you are exponentially dumber?

- AFD5 anniversary shows: Absolutely nothing hints to it. The videos (especially the first one) speak volumes against any hope; also it would be damaging from a business perspective to do it and then go back to the current lineup.

- New song: Although there are a couple of hints (mainly Slash's post), all the radio stations tweets are about a show announcement. And the fact that the band is GnR puts it even more in wishful thinking territory.

- More tour dates/arena tour/new leg in the fall: Three videos and the countdown/surprise thing are too much for announcing just something like this.

- Co-headlining tour with whoever: If it was about that, there would be at least a small hint in the promo videos, which are all about the threeunion and NITL.

My guess is one or two anniversary shows in LA (maybe a couple more in other big cities) with the current lineup and some big names as "special guests" e.g. Steven Tyler, David Grohl etc. A reissue/special edition of AFD is possible too.