Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

I am mildly amused to see this thread jump 10+ pages since I checked yesterday. 

I am sure when I check back tomorrow I'll be even more amused by the complete meltdown that will be going on. 

No matter what the announcement there will be a portion of the forum who hates it and will dramatically wail and gnash their teeth and another portion who will over dramatically rub their love of it in everyone's face. Then over sensitive reactions will kick in.

So much fun and excitement coming up. I need to find my popcorn.:popcorn:

I suppose we could get something like this: Birmingham (AL), Greenville, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Wilks Barre PA, Boise, Fargo, Albuquerque, Rosemont IL, MSG, Little Rock, Sacramento, Portland, Kansas City, Staples Center, Columbus OH, Las Vegas NYE, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Halifax, Biloxi, etc. 

but I'm still hopeful that there will be a big LA Appetite celebration. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Lol at everyone freaking out. If you've been here for at least 5 years you should know the drill.

Itll just be more tour dates with the current lineup

Hell, i've only been a member for just over a year and know how things work. In fact, anyone who call themselves a fan of the band should know they oversell and underdeliver.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Hell, i've only been a member for just over a year and know how things work. In fact, anyone who call themselves a fan of the band should know they oversell and underdeliver.

Sad but true. Oh well, guess I am just a glutton for punishment.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I suppose we could get something like this: Birmingham (AL), Greenville, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Wilks Barre PA, Boise, Fargo, Albuquerque, Rosemont IL, MSG, Little Rock, Sacramento, Portland, Kansas City, Staples Center, Columbus OH, Las Vegas NYE, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Halifax, Biloxi, etc. 

but I'm still hopeful that there will be a big LA Appetite celebration. 

I'll take Biloxi and Birmingham all day long and save me from traveling on this leg(if there is one) Probably wouldn't matter, for some reason or another Mississippi always gets cancelled or not included. 

Edited by systronic
Add to post

3 hours ago, supercool said:

The only thing that would raise my interest is the original line-up playing some shows to celebrate the AFD anniversary.....

I can't care less about more shows with Ferrer, Fortus and Melissa Reese, honestly. Who are those people anyway?

I'd only be interested in seeing GNR because of Axl, Duff, and Slash.

And I think Fortus kinda looks like Izzy.

10 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I'd only be interested in seeing GNR because of Axl, Duff, and Slash.

And I think Fortus kinda looks like Izzy.

Current "band" has little to do with what GNR used to be.

Edited by supercool
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

I really hate how every topic I go into is about whether or not the band is what people think it should be. I opened the post to see if there's any updates on the announcement or rumors and I see, "This band isn't what I want it to be!" It's always the same group of folks too. 

Fuck off 

Pretty much this!! Thank you!!!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

I really hate how every topic I go into is about whether or not the band is what people think it should be. I opened the post to see if there's any updates on the announcement or rumors and I see, "This band isn't what I want it to be!" It's always the same group of folks too. 

Fuck off 

That's pretty much every post and topic in this section for the last 15 years :lol:

52 minutes ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Fuck off 

If you have a problem avoid looking for updates and rumors because that won't help you know what the announcement is.

Announcement will happen in about 7 hours so come back then.

1 hour ago, pugachev said:

Could it be more tour dates? There's a rumor going around town here in Little Rock they will be announcing a show on a local station for August 5th, going on sale June 3rd.

they are announcing a new concept in the music industry

"the endless tour"

a press release has just been sent to mainstream media outlets.

highlights of "the endless tour" are

= steady setlist

= extremely talented and hard working backing musicians

= all the hits are played

= no money wasted on original members

= pyro, bombs and explosions and big screens and confetti 

= monthly interviews with backing musicians detailing how much they clicked with the members of the band

= all thrills, no frills setlist

= innovative speed and flow on the songs

= no lead singer rants

= affordable ticket prices, great family packages

= no lead singer delays

= innovative drum fillis by the backing drummer

= innovative strumming patterns by the backing guitar player

= focus on the brand

(there is more)

more details on http://theendlesstour.com

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

all the evidence you need, they are going to play some smaller markets they have not hit on the Stadium tour, and than playing some bigger markets they played last year for an arena show as well (NYC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco)

7 hours ago, ironmt said:

Why Is It absolutely ludicrous? That Is exactly what they did In there prime after the Use Your Illusion Tour stadium shows.

this aint GNRs prime, this is 25 years later, GNR is basically overkilling their stay, this semi-reunion is now seeming boring at this point, they need to go away for a couple of years and than come back, tickets are selling like crap for their stadium shows, most people who wanted to see them have already saw them, and if they are going to announce tomorrow "30th anniversary of Appetite arena tour!", they better announce Izzy and Steven are going to be there (and not some dumb 2 song cameo), if they are going to have Duff, Axl, Slash and the rest of Nu-GNR as this 30th Appetite arena tour they are going to promote, they can go and F themselves

Edited by k12
  • Like 1

Just now, k12 said:

this aint GNRs prime, this is 30 years later, GNR is basically overkilling their stay, this semi-reunion is now seeming boring at this point, they need to go away for a couple of years and than come back, tickets are selling like crap for their stadium shows, most people who wanted to see them have already saw them, and if they are going to announce tomorrow "30th anniversary of Appetite arena tour!", they better announce Izzy and Steven are going to be there (and not some dumb 2 song cameo), if they are going to have Duff, Axl, Slash and the rest of Nu-GNR as this 30th Appetite arena tour they are going to promote, they can go and F themselves

Just because you are bitter and bored not having certain members In the band doesn't mean the tour Is going to fail as you Insinuated. Sorry to break It to you because after reading your post I know this Is not what you want to hear, but the band with just Axl, Slash and Duff will do just fine on the next round of  U.S stadium shows.

18 minutes ago, k12 said:

if they are going to have Duff, Axl, Slash and the rest of Nu-GNR as this 30th Appetite arena tour they are going to promote, they can go and F themselves

I know right? Any kind of AFD 30th celebration without Izzy and Steven would be stupid as fuck.