Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not know. I do not think there is a low Slash and Duff will sink in order to please ginger bollocks and acquire money. McKagan played bass on most of the Izzy records, yet has sold his friend out. Slosh used to pelt abuse at Rose something rotten. The two of them have humiliated themselves to such an extent that they play clunkers from Chinese Democracy.

I don't know Slash and Duff, but they seem to be grateful and loyal men. For me it's pretty clear that it was Duff who tried to convince Axl to do a reunion. I don't believe in that Axl-Coachella-thing. Coachella only opened Axl's mind how much money they can get. The fact that Duff and Slash called Steven to inform him that he is out, indicates that Axl was really pissed. The fact that Slash is not talking at all and Duff was very passive in that only reunion interview indicates that the reunion thing is still very fragile because of Axl. Duff and Slash for sure are milking the cow right now and saw more dollar bills for both when Izzy didn't want to accept Axl's offer. But acts like playing CD songs shows that Duff and Slash want to tease Axl. Just to get more trust in their decisions. 

We got no full reunion because of Axl. But it is just a question of how much money the market offers him for a full reunion. IMO they are stretching out the the 3/5 reunion for a 5/5 reunion in the next step. 

3 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

We got no full reunion because of Axl. But it is just a question of how much money the market offers him for a full reunion. IMO they are stretching out the the 3/5 reunion for a 5/5 reunion in the next step.

According to the inside sources last year, Izzy was low balled because one of the big three asked for more money last minute. And it wasn't Axl. So how does that fit into your loyal men theory? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

According to the inside sources last year, Izzy was low balled because one of the big three asked for more money last minute. And it wasn't Axl. So how does that fit into your loyal men theory? 

Source? I only know that Izzy got an 10.000-99.999 $ offer for every guest spot. They probably offered him 25.000. 

31 minutes ago, DIST said:

Calm down people...they will announce the new Ashba Swag line for summer.

:lol::lol::lol:

My educated guess was that  Dizzy Reed is going to do a surprise gig in L.A. with Hookers & BLOW

Either way, it's going to be #HUGE :dance:

Edited by Fourteenbeers
Do I need a reason for edit?

39 minutes ago, Padme said:

I did. We discuss what we feel like it. If something is out of place we have mods here who are perfectly capable to deal with the situation. We don't need a lecture from some guy, least of all a "fuck off" because he hates the topic

Actually for it to be a discussion, there has to be a logical link both to the topic and to what other posters have written. And your snarky remark about Chi Dem being their best album was first totally uncalled for and had no relevance whatsoever to what he posted. So there's that.

While fuck off was obviously a bit rude, I think he has a totally valid point. It's tiring to read the constant bitching from the same posters whatever the topic of the thread they are posting in. We got it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Source? I only know that Izzy got an 10.000-99.999 $ offer for every guest spot. They probably offered him 25.000. 

I'll go look for the post but I believe it was in the Izzy twitter thread.

1 minute ago, EvH said:

While fuck off was obviously a bit rude, I think he has a totally valid point. It's tiring to read the constant bitching from the same posters whatever the topic of the thread they are posting in. We got it. 

It's also tiring having you guys throw tantrums whenever somebody disagrees with you and isn't 100% positive about the current lineup. If you don't like what somebody is saying put them on ignore. It's not that hard.

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

I'll go look for the post but I believe it was in the Izzy twitter thread.

It's also tiring having you guys throw tantrums whenever somebody disagrees with you and isn't 100% positive about the current lineup. If you don't like what somebody is saying put them on ignore. It's not that hard.

People can disagree with me all they want.

What I find tiring and sad is how, since few months now, you can be sure that everytime there's a thread with an interview from a non AFD member or regarding the current tour, the usual posters are going to post one of their wise ass remarks about how the current line up is not a band, how Ferrer sucks, how Fortus is a hired gun who would play anything for money, how we have to cry because Slash and Duff are bad persons who refuse to pay Izzy and let Steven play.

I mean...having this opinion is fine with me (and I don't find that everything is fine with the current line up, so your remark was way off) but...do we NEED to read it in every thread? I think it dilutes the actual discussion and that's sad because this place used to host great exchanges of ideas, even between people in disagreement. And that was the beauty of it.

• Like 4

Just now, EvH said:

People can disagree with me all they want.

What I find tiring and sad is how, since few months now, you can be sure that everytime there's a thread with an interview from a non AFD member or regarding the current tour, the usual posters are going to post one of their wise ass remarks about how the current line up is not a band, how Ferrer sucks, how Fortus is a hired gun who would play anything for money, how we have to cry because Slash and Duff are bad persons who refuse to pay Izzy and let Steven play.

I mean...having this opinion is fine with me (and I don't find that everything is fine with the current line up, so your remark was way off) but...do we NEED to read it in every thread? I think it dilutes the actual discussion and that's sad because this place used to host great exchanges of ideas, even between people in disagreement. And that was the beauty of it.

But once again, if it's the same people and their comments are bothering you, why not just put them on ignore?

If we start censoring what people say this forum is going to end up like HTGTH.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EvH said:

Actually for it to be a discussion, there has to be a logical link both to the topic and to what other posters have written. And your snarky remark about Chi Dem being their best album was first totally uncalled for and had no relevance whatsoever to what he posted. So there's that.

Again if you think there is way too much bitching from some people about CD, Richard and Frank, AFD 5 or whatever tell the mods. But if you are like " hey people stop bashing this line up in every single thread" They won't stop just because you ask them. Chances are you are gonna make matters worst

Edited by Padme

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

Only 45 minutes to go B-)

If the announcement is at 7AM EST then it is almost an hour and 35 minutes.  Since it is currently 6:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), it is 5:25 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST).

1 minute ago, Gnrcane said:

If the announcement is at 7AM EST then it is almost an hour and 35 minutes.  Since it is currently 6:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), it is 5:25 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST).

If it's 7AM EST it will be announced in 34 minutes.

22 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

There can only be one HUGE news - that is a fact.

I expect Paul HUGE replacing Fortus or Slash or both. There it layed all that time...

fair enough, but those news would then be "Hu-gey" :)

19 minutes ago, trqster said:

Big announcement: Slash is being replaced by DJ Ashba for the rest of the tour and Gn'R endorsed Ashba clothing will be made available immediately.

It's actually fascinating that the wife of an ex-drummer is part of GnR, while the husband is not sitting at drums. 

Only in GnR world. 

Edited by 2414225