Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

2 minutes ago, GunsDK said:

By the way, wtf are they doing announcing new shows on the West Coast when it's 4am there?! ?

Some of us weirdos are awake over here. :P

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Why is everyone ignoring the Appetite post? Surely that means there's still an unannounced show relating to Appetite's anniversary. Just because these new arena dates have been added, it doesn't take anything away from the convenient gap between the European dates and the first North American leg.

Because we don't even know if he's Slash himself

12 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Why is everyone disappointed? The build up never suggested anything else. Plus, Slash just posted the AFD cover, which is cool, so there's probably still gonna be a secret show for the anniversary. He's throwing us a bone to try and ease some of your (unjustified) disappointment. Stop being so menstrual you spoilt fucks. 

Thanks Slash! @iiii]; )'

I truly admire your level of optimism. I really do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I see your point, Russ but tbf this literally just happened. We got blue balled hard af.

Everyone here did this to themselves IMO. Not trying to be disrespectful to the user base, just being honest.

• Like 4

Same. Axl and Slash are both fat. And Guns N' Roses is creatively dead.

2 minutes ago, Bono said:

NOT going.  My integrity is in tact. i can trash this band till the sun comes up. Won't ever see them again unless they release a new album. They truly are a pathetic organization. 

I thought it would be a live dvd release of the Troubador or another venue- I m ready  to  see SLASH -AXL-DUFF-RICHRAD -fRANK  kill it again -Winston -Salem N.C gonna be epic

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Everyone here did this to themselves IMO. Not trying to be disrespectful to the user base, just being honest.

My only problem is they went for the SUPER DUPER AMAZING NEWS route for some more tour dates.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

Same. Axl and Slash are both fat. And Guns N' Roses is creatively dead.

You cats are DTJ Mofo's  -Let  me dedcicate this one to you cats 

Well I wasn't expecting much more than just tour dates, so I'm ok with this announcement for now.  Hopefully I can get tickets to the Forum in Inglewood show.  I'm debating if I should do Nightrain just to secure presale tix.

43 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Slash was probably never member at mygnr...i remember when people asked him stuff from mygnr at radio shows and he was like: 'Mygnr?' 

This.

Don't fall for people who like to impersonate band members.

Just now, RussTCB said:

This.

Don't fall for people who like to impersonate band members.

Still a bit odd how that account predicted Slash would play By the Sword at Sydney when there was absolutely zero chatter or indication that it would happen. So there is some validity to it, even if it's not actually Slash himself.

Just now, Kris_1989 said:

I used to think the same way and skipped the San Fran show last year because of it. But with all the deaths lately (sorry to be morbid) my stance is changing a little bit. I wouldn't be surprised if others are feeling the same way.

I want Izzy back in the band and have always said that I would never see a show without him (and I haven't) but the reality is these guys aren't going to be around forever. Should we keep skipping shows because of band issues/politics that really have nothing to do with us?

No. Band politics wasn't what I was talking about.

Everything to do with music is, and has been for about 20 years now, a Vote With Your Wallet situation?

Mad that GN'R only tours and won't release new music? Vote With Your Wallet. Let less and less people go to these shows until the band isn't making money on touring without putting out new music anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Still a bit odd how that account predicted Slash would play By the Sword at Sydney when there was absolutely zero chatter or indication that it would happen. So there is some validity to it, even if it's not actually Slash himself.

It's probably the same thing we've had for years on end; someone who knows someone in the camp and just wants the users here to think they're more important than they are.

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

Don't you admins usually have a way of finding that out?

Yes, definitely. If that account were Slash, we would absolutely know for certain.

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

It's probably the same thing we've had for years on end; someone who knows someone in the camp and just wants the users here to think they're more important than they are.

Yeah but they were still correct on the post. So there's a good chance this has some weight to it as well.

• Like 1