Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Someone fill me in, too lazy to read back. We have new dates, and looking on their site we have some openers announced for upcoming summer north American tour? I see our lady peace opening some shows including the 1 I'm going to, which is pretty awesome IMO 

40 minutes ago, Bono said:

Here's the FACTS. 

- This band has no respect for the fans. they dicked fans around for a week with all that hype for this? 
- They are so self important they felt this was a major announcement
- The ONLY reason they delayed this announcement was because they didn't want it being overshadowed by the tragedy in Manchester and had NOTHING to do with paying respect
- They know fans hate the Seeker and yet they continue to feature it in a  prime spot in the encore
- They haven't said a fucking word about new music which is all the fans want at this point

Guns N 'Roses is the biggest joke of an organization in the entire music industry.   

I will never understand why no one of the band is communicating with the fans online from time to time. That's the worst thing about GnR in General. 

Just now, AlexC said:

Yeah.

Lol ok. That's the ultimate safe bet to look like you know more than you do. That way if nothing happens, the user can say "it was just a post, nothing more". If something happens people can say "Ooooh, that user must have known something!". Sorry, but we've gone through this many, many, many times. I wouldn't put much stock into it at all.

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No. Band politics wasn't what I was talking about.

Everything to do with music is, and has been for about 20 years now, a Vote With Your Wallet situation?

Mad that GN'R only tours and won't release new music? Vote With Your Wallet. Let less and less people go to these shows until the band isn't making money on touring without putting out new music anymore.

Spot on. Although Axl would probably just wrap it all in to have the last laugh. :lol:

1 minute ago, Gunner55 said:

Someone fill me in, too lazy to read back. We have new dates, and looking on their site we have some openers announced for upcoming summer north American tour? I see our lady peace opening some shows including the 1 I'm going to, which is pretty awesome IMO 

Consider yourself filled in :lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jip said:

How will a gn'r fan feel if a new AC/DC album with Axl or a Slash/Myles album comes out 2-3 months after the NITLT tour is over ?

I'd be okay with it. I don't really expect any new music from this lineup to begin with and I'm a big fan of Slash's solo stuff and VR and hope he continues to release albums and tour with Myles. I'm not as interested in an Axl/DC album

2 minutes ago, Juventino said:

My only problem is they went for the SUPER DUPER AMAZING NEWS route for some more tour dates.

Well did "they"- or did LN (or some other corporate suits) in the absence of meaningful PR coming from the band itself (for whatever reason)? IMHO could have just been a case of:

LN: "Hey guys- we have a super duper amazing way to roll out the arena tour that worked with other artists mind. What do you think?"

Axl/Slash/Duff: "Cool. Whatever man."

Who the hell knows though...

Just now, 2414225 said:

I will never understand why no one of the band is communicating with the fans online from time to time. That's the worst thing about GnR in General. 

Bad experiences probably. Duff, Slash & Izzy all used to keep in touch years ago. Then somebody showed up at Izzy's house and I forget what happened to Duff & Slash on the VR forums. But after that they pretty much all keep their distances.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Lol ok. That's the ultimate safe bet to look like you know more than you do. That way if nothing happens, the user can say "it was just a post, nothing more". If something happens people can say "Ooooh, that user must have known something!". Sorry, but we've gone through this many, many, many times. I wouldn't put much stock into it at all.

Or. It is Slash and he's the biggest troll of all time, rubbing salt in the wound while putting diamonds in his top hat.

2 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Bad experiences probably. Duff, Slash & Izzy all used to keep in touch years ago. Then somebody showed up at Izzy's house and I forget what happened to Duff & Slash on the VR forums. But after that they pretty much all keep their distances.

I want to know more about this

7 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I used to think the same way and skipped the San Fran show last year because of it. But with all the deaths lately (sorry to be morbid) my stance is changing a little bit. I wouldn't be surprised if others are feeling the same way.

I want Izzy back in the band and have always said that I would never see a show without him (and I haven't) but the reality is these guys aren't going to be around forever. Should we keep skipping shows because of band issues/politics that really have nothing to do with us?

We had a solid group of about 15 of us back in the day and I literally don't know a single person who's seen them since the early UYI shows. What would be the point unless it was the AFD5 only for a sentimental final send-off?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Come on... This can't be the reason...even Slash drove drunken to Axl's house...