Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

7 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Well did "they"- or did LN (or some other corporate suits) in the absence of meaningful PR coming from the band itself (for whatever reason)? IMHO could have just been a case of:

LN: "Hey guys- we have a super duper amazing way to roll out the arena tour that worked with other artists mind. What do you think?"

Axl/Slash/Duff: "Cool. Whatever man."

Who the hell knows though...

The band's PR...we could be here all bloody day discussing how bad that is!

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

I didn't expect much but still...it's straight up pathetic how out of touch this band is with their fans.

And it's not like people are asking a lot - one or two new songs and this forum would have crashed from the excitement. Meanwhile, bands like U2 and Metallica regularly release new music and live dvds - I hear they even....meet their fans backstage?

I dunno about in America, but Metallica did at least 10 UK dates (over various years) between albums. Far worse than what GnR are currently doing 

Well, I  can't believe it but it may be happening. I'm tired. I was thinking about going to Winnipeg or Buffalo this summer. Now I see they added Detroit which is way closer. How upsetting it would have been if I had paid the insane ticket price and for travel. It really is a turn off. I've seen the same show countless times. They are really going to be hitting fan fatigue level soon, then I could just go see them at my local pub in a few years.

Kind of dissapointed by this news what they should do is to make a new album it would bring in interest to the band again.they said they had 3 Albums worth of material no reason why they cant. Tweak the songs a bit and tour with the new album adding in some songs from AFD and UYI songs they havent performed since the 90s bcause they cant keep touring with the same setlist for another year. New music and playing old songs would be the best thing they can do. But i dont see that happening anytime soon...

Just now, yesfan18 said:

If I were to renew my night train membership right now would I be able to get the code for today?

I would think so. I got an e-mail saying to join now to get presale tickets

Just now, yesfan18 said:

If I were to renew my night train membership right now would I be able to get the code for today?

I would guess so, yeah.

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that we are in NO WAY affiliated with Nightrain. Memberships here having nothing to do with memberships there. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I'd be buzzing about this.... couldn't give a toss about SMKC.

Yeah me too. It's also highly more likely to happen way sooner than any form of original GN'R release.

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah. My dramatic exaggerations aside, it really is beyond disappointing that they basically fail to do the bare minimum.

Maybe for them this is the bare minimum. Maybe after everything that went one over the years. We should be happy that this tour still keeps going. For me if new music means CD II I don't care. But I understand the frustration of the people who want it badly. Right now I'm not interested in this new tour unless they make changes in the setlist and there is a chance of Adler and Izzy joining them at some point. 

55 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

They actually think people still get a boner when they hear that Slash and Duff are back in the band, and if they bring tour in their city they are going to run to buy those tickets.

They won't have my money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bono said:

Here's the FACTS. 

- This band has no respect for the fans. they dicked fans around for a week with all that hype for this? 
- They are so self important they felt this was a major announcement
- The ONLY reason they delayed this announcement was because they didn't want it being overshadowed by the tragedy in Manchester and had NOTHING to do with paying respect
- They know fans hate the Seeker and yet they continue to feature it in a  prime spot in the encore
- They haven't said a fucking word about new music which is all the fans want at this point

Guns N 'Roses is the biggest joke of an organization in the entire music industry.   

I agree on many points, however this is probably the doing of the social media team, which is as we know, is one of the worst in existence. It's hard to say how much influence Axl or anyone else directly in the band have over PR efforts.

Has anyone been paying attention to the Miami show ticketmaster page? Sections upon sections of seats available on the interactive seat map...and then they changed it to a standard map with ticketmaster giving you "best available". Hmmm <_<