Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

We shouldn't call this Guns N Roses etc. it is insulting to Slash and Duff as if this is what they want. THIS IS ALL AXL. NO BLUERAY? Axl. No new music? Axl. No Sorum at all and Adler severely limited and no Izzy, ALL AXL. Slash made the right call in 1996. How can you live like this. Axl has made the biggest band in the world a joke. 

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

I agree on many points, however this is probably the doing of the social media team, which is as we know, is one of the worst in existence. It's hard to say how much influence Axl or anyone else directly in the band have over PR efforts.

At the end of the day it's on Axl.  We all know this. It's typical GnR stuff regardless of who's in the band or who's running the show and the common denominator is Axl Rose. There is no way bands like Metallica or U2 or Pearl Jam or whoever allows such blatant disrespect and misleading of it's fans. Social media team be damned. This is on GUNS N ROSES and at the end of the day that means Axl.  Sad but true. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I agree on many points, however this is probably the doing of the social media team, which is as we know, is one of the worst in existence. It's hard to say how much influence Axl or anyone else directly in the band have over PR efforts.

Axl is the boss they presented the idea to him and he approved.

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The media team is so amateurish that it must be Fernando / Jarmo himself. But the main problem will always be the same: Axl. They had Azoff in their camp and still nothing happened with regard to promotion...because of Axl. 

The merchandise is probably also the worst in the business. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Yes. As predicted by me and several other people, yet somehow everyone is still mad :lol:

I'm disappointed, but only because I was holding onto SOME hope for a bigger announcement. I agree there is no reason to complain about what we saw coming. 

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I hope you realise I simply have a flare for the dramatic and I'm not actually going apeshit lol. It's fucking retarded news though, admit it.

Anyway, I'll have a lie down anyway because it's bedtime here. Goodnight folks!

It is, mate, but it was obvious it wouldn't be new material this soon. Expect nothing from this band and anything else is a bonus is my motto. I do think(hope) we'll get a new record, eventually.... but soon is probably not the word (can't believe I just said that :facepalm:).

You'll feel better in the morning. :lol:

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Consider yourself filled in :lol:

Sounds dirty. Which is fitting for how I feel after such a huge hype for that announcement. 

I joke. I don't understand the logic for going back to cities a year after the fact but hey, I'd there's demand and the shows sell then why the hell not. I would love new music but shit, if they came back to my neck of the woods next year again I'd be first in line for tickets. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bedilkaromawar said:

ok enough, lets talk about slane castle gig

Yes! Who's expecting a change in the setlist, or - dare I say it - a NEW SONG? :lol: Well, it's only two more days, and one month to go before I see GNR. Can't wait!

LOL at people laying this all on Axl (again). Yeah, right, Duff and Slash are just two timid boys he wipes the floor with.

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

I saw that the band Live is opening some of the dates. I've never seen them in concert and would LOVE for them to be opening the Detroit show.

Shame here, but I saw them open for Nickelback once. They were pretty good from what I remember. I wasn't familiar with their material at the time but still enjoyed them. 

1 minute ago, Gunner55 said:

Sounds dirty. Which is fitting for how I feel after such a huge hype for that announcement. 

I joke. I don't understand the logic for going back to cities a year after the fact but hey, I'd there's demand and the shows sell then why the hell not. I would love new music but shit, if they came back to my neck of the woods next year again I'd be first in line for tickets. 

Simple reason: They're doing it because they can.

Not saying it's right, just saying that's what it is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yes. As predicted by me and several other people, yet somehow everyone is still mad :lol:

I'm not.. I'm a show guy.. I'll be there.. Unless my cousins wedding is that day. finding out now... ughhhh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gunner55 said:

Pretty much every major act during a world tour visits major markets more than once. Including Guns N' Roses. Especially on a "reunion" tour, how could they not with the amount of money on the table? They'd be stupid not to.

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I'm not.. I'm a show guy.. I'll be there.. Unless my cousins wedding is that day. finding out now... ughhhh

Right on, I'm the same way. I've said I'll always see them when they come to Detroit. I was expecting this announcement to be more tour dates. That's what it is AND they're coming to Detroit, so I'm good.

BTW, for anyone wondering; I'm certain I'll throw another pre-party. The last one was pretty fn epic so all will be welcome again :)

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Stupid question: Does anyone know if the presale starts at 10AM EST? or PST?

It's usually EST

• Like 2

Just now, Lio said:

LOL at people laying this all on Axl (again). Yeah, right, Duff and Slash are just two timid boys he wipes the floor with.

Seriously, they just have a bit more impact on Axl and earn a lot more money than other band members. But the fact that there are no interviews with Slash and Duff indicates that they are not allowed to speak for their own. So, they are well paid floor wipes. 

• Like 1

This is exactly what I knew they were going to do, add more shows. I was just hoping that there would be something else. This is just what being a GNR fan has become. Sales probably weren't going as well for the last leg so their great "team" and Live Nation probably got together to come up with this marketing idea to add some excitement to adding these shows.

Oh well, I really wasn't expecting too much. Like @RussTCB said, vote with your wallet if you are unhappy. I will see them if they come to my market, but I won't go any where else. No more stupid Nightrain packages or over priced shit tees from the ir store either. I still love the music but when you look at how bands like Metallica, Pearl Jam, and U2 etc. treat their fans compared to GNR you see a huge difference. 

• Like 2