Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Simple reason: They're doing it because they can.

Not saying it's right, just saying that's what it is.

Russ, time to start calling them out. Sure, see the show and have fun, but expecting more is normal for every other big band. For fucks sale the 70 year olds in the stones gave us Doom and Gloom. We get the Fucking Seeker. We are the most hard core of Hard core and they (Axl) are taking advantage of us. They need to know we are pissed even though we may attend the show that doesn't mean we accept all this shit they dish out. No mention of a special AFD 30? No Blueray. NOTHING!!!  They delayed the announcement due to Manchester so they could announce a show in Tulsa Fucking Oklahoma???? And I have no problem with tulsa but how is that related to Manchester?

• Like 2

Just now, smoking guns said:

Russ, time to start calling them out. Sure, see the show and have fun, but expecting more is normal for every other big band. For fucks sale the 70 year olds in the stones gave us Doom and Gloom. We get the Fucking Seeker. We are the most hard core of Hard core and they (Axl) are taking advantage of us. They need to know we are pissed even though we may attend the show that doesn't mean we accept all this shit they dish out. No mention of a special AFD 30? No Blueray. NOTHING!!!  They delayed the announcement due to Manchester so they could announce a show in Tulsa Fucking Oklahoma???? And I have no problem with tulsa but how is that related to Manchester?

I hear you. I really, really do.

As I keep saying though; the only way to call them out is to vote with your wallet. If I don't like a product, I don't give the company that makes it any money. That's the most you can do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smoking guns said:

The best way to get what you want is to not go to shows or buy any of their merchandise. If You Want new music or original members to return etc. then stop spending your hard earned money on a product that you're obviously not happy with. You can't really moan but still attend shows because that just tells them that what they're selling actually is evidently enough.

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

The best way to get what you want is to not go to shows or buy any of their merchandise. If You Want new music or original members to return etc. then stop spending your hard earned money on a product that you're obviously not happy with. You can't really moan but still attend shows because that just tells them that what they're selling actually is evidently enough.

Would be hard for me to tell a hard core in Europe to not go to the show when they haven't seen this in a long ass time. But for me, I saw them 3 times last year so I can. But no way am I gonna say "don't go" while I got to enjoy it. The shows are awesome. But this is bullshit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

With a smaller band I could see that working but even if every member on this forum stopped buying tickets that machine would keep rolling. They don't care about us because they don't have to care. The band will sell tickets regardless.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah, I feel ya. Personally, I would be very pleased if Steven and Izzy returned and ecstatic with CD II or even an AXL/DC album(not before GNR though.) or even just one or two songs. If they come back to NZ I'll see them again though, for me, my complaints come from the state of mind of "It could be so much better!" rather than a blanket dissatisfaction with everything. Plus I really feel sorry for the old timer fans that have been putting up with this for literally decades.

Of course it could be so much better. But if you think it is a rip off then don't buy a ticket. As I said I will only buy a ticket if I have a good reason to do it. I'm not going to pay to see the exactly same show I've already seen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

With a smaller band I could see that working but even if every member on this forum stopped buying tickets that machine would keep rolling. They don't care about us because they don't have to care. The band will sell tickets regardless.

Yeah you're right. The truth is, is that the hardcore fan base is only a fraction of their audience. So there's no need for them to cater to what we want when millions of customers around the world are not only paying to see them, but are thrilled that Guns N' Roses are "back."

They've earned that position. So the only option is to be happy with what we have, which is still pretty good in my opinion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lio said:

LOL at people laying this all on Axl (again). Yeah, right, Duff and Slash are just two timid boys he wipes the floor with.

Whether fans should be upset or not is debatable, but I'm not sure how you could put this strategy/game plan on anyone but Axl. Slash (especially) and Duff have a lengthy track record of releasing music and touring to support it. They've also always done tons of interviews and it's not like there wouldn't be massive interest from tons of outlets for an interview with one of them right now. Axl, on the other hand, has toured pretty extensively, released almost no music, and given a handful of interviews over the last 20 years.

So yes, maybe they all collectively decided to approach things in this way, but when 2 guys completely change how they've operated for the majority of their careers and it mirrors how the 3rd guy has behaved over that same period, it would certainly point to that guy being the one that's driving the bus.

• Like 4

No new music will ever come. Unce Axl is done with GNR. Decade die hard nothing but GNR fan here. Fuck uncle Glenny D is making new music ( DANZIG) and they (Misfits) reunited..... NO EXCUSE for Ax man n Slash not to drop a hit or two w new greatest hits (Yeah inside word was meant to happen before xmas last year...)

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I hear you. I really, really do.

As I keep saying though; the only way to call them out is to vote with your wallet. If I don't like a product, I don't give the company that makes it any money. That's the most you can do.

I appreciate your statement, but then I don't understand why this forum supported NuGnR for such a long time, while critics and Old GnR supporters were treated like enemies between 2002-2008.

Maybe then we would have had this 3/5 reunion 10-15 years earlier. 

FUCK even Wednesday 13 pttin out more exciting music than the STATIC NOISE that is GNR N Remember im a decade old DIE HARD here.... total bullshit axl n slash, Theres only so many times u can play 5 cds.

START THE NEW HASHTAG #STATICNOISE=NEWGNRMUSIC

Edited by tim10101

At this point by the end of the year they'll have hit some markets 3 or 4 times. How long do they think they can keep this tour going without anything new? It's getting kind of boring at this point.

1 minute ago, 2414225 said:

I appreciate your statement, but then I don't understand why this forum supported NuGnR for such a long time, while critics and Old GnR supporters were treated like enemies between 2002-2008.

Maybe then we would have had this 3/5 reunion 10-15 years earlier. 

Welllllllllllllllllllllll, I can only speak for me but you're talking to a guy who's favorite album is Chinese Democracy and my favorite guitarist is Robin. The tour(s) with DJ are what actually pushed me to my limit and made me change to the "Vote with your wallet" stance.

I saw them in Vegas due to Slash & Duff coming back since I hadn't seen them together on stage since '93. Then I saw them in Detroit since the tour kicked off here. I'd said previously that the only way I'd see them again was if they came to Detroit and they are, so I'm fine with that.

• Like 2

Honestly, I just bought my ticket for Madrid in hopes of them working things out with Izzy and Steven. Right now, I feel like selling my ticket cause I don't feel like contributing to this circus and the clowns around it. I hate to think that my money is going to a bunch of people that has nothing to do with the band I fell in love with when I was 11. On the other hand, 3 out of the 5 reasons why I love the band are still there but they are making it so hard for me not to think that they are acting like lame stuck up idiots.

• Like 1

Also, this is THE REUNION TOUR... the big, fabled catacalysm GNR-centric event all of us have been fantasizing about and speculating about since the band either broke up or from when you became a fan (Izzy and Steven being excluded sucks, but that doesn't take away from the fact that this tour is being treated as the "big one" by the band, fans, and promoters). OF COURSE this thing was going to be huge and span years. Lots of "mega tours" last around 2+ years or 150+ shows now. 360 Tour, The Wall Live, A Bigger Bang, etc were all long as fuck

EDIT- They're a legact act now. They technically can never release a single again and still rely on filling arenas. It sucks for hard core fans like us, but that is the truth. Look at Aerosmith, they tour all the time, pretty much every year on the same setlist. They may throw in a few new songs here and there, but it is hardly necessary for them. Casuals still go out in droves

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

To be fair, wasn't it only the radio stations that described this announcement as "huge" in their various Twitter feeds? Notwithstanding the grandiose videos I don't think the GNR camp said this announcement today would be "huge"..

Edited by GunsDK
  • Like 2