Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

27 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Oh well, I really wasn't expecting too much. Like @RussTCB said, vote with your wallet if you are unhappy. I will see them if they come to my market, but I won't go any where else. No more stupid Nightrain packages or over priced shit tees from the ir store either. I still love the music but when you look at how bands like Metallica, Pearl Jam, and U2 etc. treat their fans compared to GNR you see a huge difference. 

lol, its very funny that you say this because after the shows I attended on the first US leg of the NITL tour, the magic was kinda lost for me. I started heavily getting into Pearl Jam after that and totally disappeared from here for a couple months and only posted what felt like every other week. In that time, PJ did more for their fans then GNR have done for anyone in the past 10 years, and they weren't even on tour....

I used to have the opinion that we should just be happy with whatever GNR gave us, and some of you that have been around here for a bit know that that was my stance on pretty much everything GNR related. But when you look at bands that have been around for less time, its kind of unfair to be honest. Not to sound like a whiney baby, but honestly now it's literally the definition of beating a dead horse. All puns intended. 

I still love GNR, but honestly its not worth following this band minute for minute anymore. All of the exciting opportunities that could have happened within the last year were totally and completely wasted. And even when you try to speculate what could happen, you get a handful of people that tell you you're a moron, so its almost not even worth it to express an opinion anymore. I'll also still go the shows because I missed out on the classic era and a bunch of Chi Dem tour shows because of my age. 

Edited by KeyserSoze
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I would like to have a blu ray gig

To hear Axl's awful voice in crystal clear quality? Unless Axl records all new vox, a bluray from NITL would be a disaster to the band's legacy. Just like Apettite for Democracy was.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

And even when you try to speculate what could happen, you get a handful of people that tell you you're a moron

Well, if you speculate about anything besides tour dates, you're kinda are a moron. Sorry bro.

2 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

so disappointed!

I hope this new leg supports a new album coming out this summer

If you're disappointed now and hope for a new album, I can only imagine how disappointed you'll be this summer.

3 minutes ago, maynard said:

To hear Axl's awful voice in crystal clear quality? Unless Axl records all new vox, a bluray from NITL would be a disaster to the band's legacy. Just like Apettite for Democracy was.

Voice is actually better than vegas '12

There were several "insiders" who warned us about this way back in early 2016. That this was simply a continuation of NUGNR with Slash and Duff dropped into open slots.  Everything would be the same except the size of the venues.  Clearly, Axl wants it this way and they've got a tamed beast right now.  No one's going to poke the bear and risk the money. 

It's truly fucked up that Duff and Slash can't give an interview. That fan communication would go such a long way. I don't blame them for not getting involved with any forums- that way lies madness- but an interview? Are things so terrible on the inside that they can't have any transparency with the fans whatsoever? What are they afraid of?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, maynard said:

Let's face it. His amazing voice won't come back. And as long there are people like Del James and Jarmo around him, we won't see any changes in the setlist, promotion, etc... 

Edited by 2414225

12 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Honestly, I just bought my ticket for Madrid in hopes of them working things out with Izzy and Steven. Right now, I feel like selling my ticket cause I don't feel like contributing to this circus and the clowns around it. I hate to think that my money is going to a bunch of people that has nothing to do with the band I fell in love with when I was 11. On the other hand, 3 out of the 5 reasons why I love the band are still there but they are making it so hard for me not to think that they are acting like lame stuck up idiots.

You should only go for your own enjoyment. When I go to a show, where my money goes to, is the last of my worries. I go because I want to and because I hope to have a great time. That should be the only thing you consider. If you'll be getting worked up all night because Izzy isn't there and because they're not making the right decisions, save yourself the money and stress and don't go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

WTTJ

Rocket Queen

Better

Don't Cry..

better than the shit of 2001 - 2014

I agree with you, I mean it's best not to encourage a discussion on Axl's voice on a thread that has nothing to do with it. It always ends up full of pointless negativity and ignorance.

Too late. Once again people are having selective memory syndrome when it comes to Axl's voice. :facepalm:

Edited by AlexC

27 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Lolll told you sooooooo!

If you are mad you have no one to blame but yourself. Ill bitch about gnr all day if see fit but seriously, what else could this announcement have been?

New music? Do you really think they would drop new material in the middle of a massive reunion nostalgia tour? Come on... If ( that's a big if) we ever get anything new it'll be way after NITL wraps up.

AFD celebration? Wtf guys, 2 members on that album aren't even on good terms with the band. A "secret" celebration  or one off would be disingenuous and bullshit when Izzy and Adler aren't there. And no way would they pop in temporarily. Why would they?

Ill most likely be at the Detroit show but thats it. Probably going cheap seats too. I saw the reunion 3 times already so no more traveling to shows for me

... And no, that emoji account is NOT Slash :facepalm:

I 100% knew this was going to be the announcement. I never for a second thought it would be anything else. @smoking guns can vouch for me on that. Having said that i think everyone has a right to be pissed at the blatant misleading of fans.  When a band hypes up a "major announcement" for a week before hand and then drops nothing more than more tour dates fans have a right to be pissed off even if they knew it was coming.  Can't get pissed off though until that announcement is actually official. The fact these fuckers can't throw at the very minimum a new single out for fans is such a  disgrace. the fact they lead people on as if perhaps something much bigger than just more tour dates was coming is even more disgraceful. They literally trolled their fans for fun. It's obvious they have zero respect for the fan base and in fact they seem to hold fans in contempt.  Whether people knew this was coming or not, they have ever right to be mad about it.  GnR is a joke. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GunsDK said:

To be fair, wasn't it only the radio stations that described this announcement as "huge" in their various Twitter feeds? Notwithstanding the grandiose videos I don't think the GNR camp said this announcement today would be "huge"..

Teasing with four videos "going back where it all began", presenting memorable dates in GNR history. That seems like something out of ordinary announcement of more tour dates.

17 minutes ago, maynard said:

I like Apettite for Democracy. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maynard said:

Have your ears checked.

It's not my favourite live era. But better than expected.

A offical release from one of the 01/02 shows would have been awesome. Or Download Festival '06

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Wait, this was the big announcement? An arena tour?

"We can't sell stadiums anymore so now we're playing hockey arenas"

They should have just nutted up and got a co-headliner, but Axl has too much pride for that

IIRC those Rolling Stone gigs GNR had to cancel in 2006 were the only shows where GNR would have been an opening act in many, many years

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Glad they are coming to Boston. Shame about the ticket prices again.... Disgusting really. Do I scoop them or wait and try to score a deal?  

I'm on the fence about that one personally. Because it's arenas, there's a chance it'll sell out quick. Dammit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

It's not my favourite live era. But better than expected.

A offical release from one of the 01/02 shows would have been awesome. Or Download Festival '06

I still wonder if Axl erased Bumblefoot's guitar on the Nightrain and Paradise City videos from Download 2006 because he was fucking up so much, or if it was a production mistake