Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

9 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Fuck it...I might still get tickets :P

Does anyone have a pre sale code?

Nightrain pre-sale codes are specific to each members, so unlikely you'll get someone to give theirs up (though mine doesn't do shit).

You might want to check Q107 for a pre-sale.  Also Spotify offers pre-sales.  

• Like 1

Nightrain wanted to give me the far end of the lower bowl in Houston for $250. 

Refreshed and got a floor ticket in front of the extended part of the stage. 

Refreshed again and got a floor ticket behind the GA pit on slashes side.. 

fuckin hell!:lol:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, frenchie87 said:

I'm happy. I mean I wanted to see them in an arena setting so this is perfect for me. Not coming to my area, but I am visiting family out West around Thanksgiving so the Vegas & 2 LA shows are the best options. Do you guys have any recommendations? I am figuring the Forum would be the best acoustic venue of the three, but will it sell out quick? Much appreciated! :)

Dude The Forum is on a whole other level than any arena in the US with Madison Square Garden as the exception. The history alone...GO TO THIS SHOW. Not only that but the venue was restored a couple years back and is AMAZING now. They have food from all the best local spots around LA, incredible drinks, it's just awesome. Staples is like a shitty amusement park.

See you at The Forum!!! 

• Like 3

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the NiTL tour stretches until at least the summer of 2018. If they're hitting secondary markets in North America, playing huge co-headliners in South America and then returning to major US markets in arenas, they'll probably do the same in Europe next year and possibly Australia and Asia.

No point in dwelling on new material until this mammoth tour is over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Nightrain pre-sale codes are specific to each members, so unlikely you'll get someone to give theirs up (though mine doesn't do shit).

You might want to check Q107 for a pre-sale.  Also Spotify offers pre-sales.  

Right thanks!

You planning on going to the Toronto show?

53 minutes ago, downzy said:

Is it disappointing that the announcement wasn't something other than additional shows?  Sure.

But let's keep things in mind: how many Soundgarden fans would love to be in our position?  

The addition of the Toronto show helps me since it means I'm definitely out for the Montreal and Ottawa shows, saving me a lot of money.  

I saw two stadium shows last year, happy to see them in something that has a bit better sound.  Would have preferred a theatre show but again, it's better than nothing.

My advise is to enjoy it while it lasts.  

Or how about this? How many Soundgarden fans would love another album with Cornell? All of them I would guess. So while the advice to "enjoy it while it lasts" is all nice and cute, why can't the band create something that lasts? Why has it been 24 years since Axl and Slash released music together? Why has it been almost a decade since CD? The fact they are all still alive and refusing to make music together is a travesty.  One day one of them is going to die and we're all gonna wish they had released an album together instead of touring off nostalgia. Don't use Chris Cornell's death to justify GnR's incompetence or to tell fans to just be happy with this. The reason fans are mad is because we want more from and for these guys. We try to take pride in being a GnR fan and want them to be fucking awesome. We also want something to take with us that will last forever. Shows are fun but tour with a purpose at least. I mean even U2's current nostalgia tour has a very specific purpose. They released an incredible 30th anniversary boxset of The Joshua Tree and are touring the album and playing it in full in running order right now.  GnR's purpose seems to be nothing more than milking fans for their money while living off past glory. It's not what this band was about and it's not what they should be about. Unfortunately it IS what they are about. They do the absolute minimum and they even screw that up and in so many ways it really is a slap in the face to the fans like all of us here who support these guys day in and day out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bono said:

Or how about this? How many Soundgarden fans would love another album with Cornell? All of them I would guess. So while the advice to "enjoy it while it lasts" is all nice and cute, why can't the band create something that lasts? Why has it been 24 years since Axl and Slash released music together? Why has it been almost a decade since CD? The fact they are all still alive and refusing to make music together is a travesty.  One day one of them is going to die and we're all gonna wish they had released an album together instead of touring off nostalgia. Don't use Chris Cornell's death to justify GnR's incompetence or to tell fans to just be happy with this. The reason fans are mad is because we want more from and for these guys. We try to take pride in being a GnR fan and want them to be fucking awesome. We also want something to take with us that will last forever. Shows are fun but tour with a purpose at least. I mean even U2's current nostalgia tour has a very specific purpose. They released an incredible 30th anniversary boxset of The Joshua Tree and are touring the album and playing it in full in running order right now.  GnR's purpose seems to be nothing more than milking fans for their money while living off past glory. It's not what this band was about and it's not what they should be about. Unfortunately it IS what they are about. They do the absolute minimum and they even screw that up and in so many ways it really is a slap in the face to the fans like all of us here who support these guys day in and day out. 

I agree with you BUT...Guns loves playing live...they are older now...there's only so many good years left. It breaks my heart to say it but I think they are making the most of the situation. They need to get the world domination out of their system. Only then will they risk making a new album and potentially tarnishing their history if it is critically panned. I'm with you though. It sucks. 

My other thought is that Guns has two kinds of fans. Die hards like us that get the brunt and casual fans who would be happy to hear guns is coming close to them so they can actually attend a show. They did this for those fans, not us. 

53 minutes ago, FallToPieces65 said:

Lmfao.  All people wanted for YEARS was a reunion/semi reunion tour.  Now we got it, and some of you are mad! Reminds me of wrestling fans lol 

I hear what you're saying but, unlike most wrestling fan complaints, this one is legit. It's not so much as to what the band is, as to why...

A year ago, there wasn't even really all that much heat towards the lienup of the band being Axl, Slash, Fortus, Duff, Frank and Dizzy. I think most just expected that Izzy wasn't into touring, you can't make someone tour s, hopefully he'll pop up...and Steven, he's a bit of a risk, how together is he, maybe he'll show up but, no expectations. Now, we have information that we didn't have then... and we have Adler saying he just wants to play more songs. He praises the band, he praise Frank, he praises the fans, he just wants to play more. And he's playing well, and the guy we have in his spot now, couldn't even hold his jockstrap if he tried. We also know now that Izzy just wanted his cut of the loot, something he IS entitled to...

Facts and information can change a perspective, that's all

• Like 2

Bought Tulsa tickets. I was a little dismayed that all floor seats were 250 so I went with good lower level seats at 137. The nice thing is Ticketmaster is very easy to work with on upgrading tickets. Once the VIP package tickets that don't sell are released or I can choose my seats from a map I'll upgrade to floor. On the slim chance that they all sell out I'll be happy with seats and view.

8 minutes ago, ramsey said:

Dude The Forum is on a whole other level than any arena in the US with Madison Square Garden as the exception. The history alone...GO TO THIS SHOW. Not only that but the venue was restored a couple years back and is AMAZING now. They have food from all the best local spots around LA, incredible drinks, it's just awesome. Staples is like a shitty amusement park.

See you at The Forum!!! 

Thank you! :) I will try and see if I can get in. Will tickets sell fast for this show then? I would love to see them in their hometown.....hoping this works out.

10 minutes ago, Bono said:

Again, I'm out of likes. Spot on.

The most interesting thing to me about this all, is that it continues to show that it's really all just a cash grab. So, we're going to get a third US leg, before anyone else gets a second run right? Tells ya what they think about their US fans versus the rest of the world:lol:

14 minutes ago, Bono said:

I don't know man, perhaps you have different priorities in life.  Stuff like this isn't worth the tears and calamity IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frenchie87 said:

Thank you! :) I will try and see if I can get in. Will tickets sell fast for this show then? I would love to see them in their hometown.....hoping this works out.

Don't let all the presale hype scare you. Every show I've freaked out settling for less than perfect tickets. I swear if you wait and just buy them off Stubhub in a few months you'll get to pick EXACTLY what you want and likely spend the same you would to get 1) nighttrain membership 2) the ticket itself. 

I really think your best move is to disregard the immediate hype and wait for the secondary markets to come online. We've got months before these shows. 

:headbang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ktex said:

Lot of angry folks here.  Glad they're coming back to Houston personally.  :headbang:

Agree. Can't wait to see them in Chicago. Although they do have every right to be mad after the amount of hype for a few tour dates. Enjoy the Houston show!

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

I was fully expecting just the new dates.  So I don't know why Im disappointed that they are dates we've known about for a long time now.  I mean the rumours of a fall arena run came from industry people so I took it as all but a done deal.  

Theres certainly lots of positives about an arena show.  Although for me as a fan that once saw them play to a 1/3 filled, smaller arena, in a third tier market during 2011; seeing a stadium packed and dancing to them was a big part of what was awesome about last year.  Just to see my band celebrated that way. 

1 minute ago, default_ said:

I know its childish but we should do a repulse/disagree spam over Fernando's social media accounts, these people really need to know whats going on the fanbase right now.

I'm sure they're fully aware but I doubt they see it as a major concern.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Glad they are coming to Boston. Shame about the ticket prices again.... Disgusting really. Do I scoop them or wait and try to score a deal?  

Well if you go, it tells the band that you want Fortus and Frank in the band over anyone else.so...

• Like 2