Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

45 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well if you go, it tells the band that you want Fortus and Frank in the band over anyone else.so...

No it doesn't.. It tells them that I am still pumped to Slash, Axl and Duff onstage... Fuck Fortus and Frank....  

• Like 2

Just now, Bono said:

You cannot be serious? You think this shit produces rage in me? You think my outlook on life is impacted by this?  Ok buddy. Downzy I get it, your life is so amazing and so great that whatever GnR does or doesn't do is fine by you because I mean you have so many good things in your life there's no reason to fly into a fit of "rage" over Guns N Roses. In fact there's no reason to even have an opinion because hey whatever happens will happen and let's just be happy with what we have. I really wish I could be more like you. Unfortunately I post my opinion, hence I'm fucking losing my mind in a  fit of rage apparently. 

Well, both the contents and tone of your posts suggest being mighty upset.  Maybe it's just me.  

Fine to express an opinion, but the wailing and crying in your posts is a little much, no?   Is what's happening (or not happening) really worth this kind of bemoaning?  

All I'm saying, you might want to take it down a notch and put things in perspective.  It's not like GNR slapped your mamma or something.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bono said:

You cannot be serious? You think this shit produces rage in me? You think my outlook on life is impacted by this?  Ok buddy. Downzy I get it, your life is so amazing and so great that whatever GnR does or doesn't do is fine by you because I mean you have so many good things in your life there's no reason to fly into a fit of "rage" over Guns N Roses. In fact there's no reason to even have an opinion because hey whatever happens will happen and let's just be happy with what we have. I really wish I could be more like you. Unfortunately I post my opinion, hence I'm fucking losing my mind in a  fit of rage apparently. 

Not to step in between you two, but I think there's a misunderstanding. 

From what I can tell, the general thought is that GNR are what they are. Should they be able to do more than just tour? I would certainly hope so, but that doesn't seem to be the case and it's been that way for a while. 

I was just telling someone else this earlier today: there's SO much other music that I'm into now. If GNR puts something out, great. If not, great. I've got a ton of other things to listen to anyway. 

Doesn't mean I have to be OK with their endless tour, but you're already doing what you can to voice your opinion to them with regard to that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

No it doesn't.. It tells them that I am still pumped to Slash, Axl and Duff onstage... Fuck Fortus and Frank....  

It tells them you support the lineup they're bringing you. Unless you wear a "Where's Izzy and Adler shirt", you're getting sucked into what they're selling you. Fortus and Frank are a part of that.

Edited by Billsfan

10 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Sorry if we've gone over this but what are the prices like for arenas 

From what I've seen, it's a little cheaper than stadiums. Front rows is around $200 and upper deck is around $90. 

11 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Agreed. But to be fair, There's still a gap in July during the anniversary of appetite. Nothing has been set for that, correct? So, they could still technically do something. My money would be on a surprise gig or two in a small club they used to play in, and knowing Axl he'll have management reach out to Steven and Izzy and hope they show up as guests... seriously :lol:

DISCLAIMER: NOT TRYING TO GET ANYONE'S HOPES UP FR OBVIOUS REASONS. JUST BEING HONEST.

I agree and although I don't think they'll do anything for AFD 30th IF they do I think it will be done the sane way as the Troubadour show. An announcement now takes the focus away from the European leg 

We are not all living the same lives.  If someone was putting a lot of stock into the announcement, something that would bring them joy, there may be fair and even healthy reasons for that.  And being let down might really hurt.  Its probably a bigger snapshot into each others lives, not just fandoms.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

How about we get another European summer stadium leg for a change?!!!

There most likely will be another European leg before this tour is over. Loads of markets that they've missed on this upcoming leg, especially in the U.K. Tons of money to be made in both stadiums and arenas.

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Well, both the contents and tone of your posts suggest being mighty upset.  Maybe it's just me.  

Fine to express an opinion, but the wailing and crying in your posts is a little much, no?   Is what's happening (or not happening) really worth this kind of bemoaning?  

All I'm saying, you might want to take it down a notch and put things in perspective.  It's not like GNR slapped your mamma or something.  

Sorry Downzy. I had no idea I had things out of perspective. I guess proper  perspective is just seeing it the way you do right? Next time I'll be sure to PM you first and get a better grasp on the proper tone I'm to use when discussing my opinion that the band operates in a pathetic manner. I wanna make sure I can express that opinion without some dude on the internet telling me how great his life is that worrying about GnR isn't worth it while at the same time making asinine assumptions that my life is so empty that GnR actually affects my ability to enjoy day to day life.

My god.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

160406-guns-and-roses-1980s-01.jpg?quali

How can you say that? Look at these innocent faces.. 

PS. are we trying to get into Guinness book of records with the fastest growing discussion thread in history? ( 8 new replies during the time I was posting this)

Sweet Zeesus!

Naw, this is nothing compared to most threads back in the day =P

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

All hope is not lost GNR fans. One of my favorite artists (Roger Waters) has a new LP coming out on June 2nd and it only took him 25 years to do it! Maybe we'll see another GNR album before then. Maybe. 

I think it has to do with the hype they generated. Had they just posted new dates on Nightrain without the videos and radio announcement bullshit. Probably people wouldn't be too upset.

We know they check forums from time to time. They know people want either new music or the AFD 5 reunion. For whatever reson they can't give us that. Ok, fine. But I think it was not a smart move from their part to promote more shows the way they did.

Edited by Padme
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

It tells them you support the lineup they're bringing you. Unless you wear a "Where's Izzy and Adler shirt", you're getting sucked into what they're selling you.

I'm gonna wear  Where's Izzy?- shirt. Can I get a merit badge, please? 

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

I think it has to do with the hype the generated. Had they just posted new dates on Nightrain without the videos and radio announcement bullshit. Probably people wouldn't be too upset.

We know they check forums from time to time. They know people want either new music or the AFD 5 reunion. For whatever reson they can't give us that. Ok, fine. But I think it was not a smart move from their part to promote more shows the way they did.

Exactly.

although I knew it would be just more dates ,  I can see why those who listen to that LA station are pissed , that station played you imo , calling this announcement huge was just wrong

sure its relative but I suggest flooding the station with calls /emails with your displeasure , it wont change this time but they may reconsider next time .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Maybe. 

GnR became my favorite band the first time I listened to Appetite back in 1988. 

I've seen Axl-Slash-Duff together in stage in their PRIME. When they were hungry and dangerous and put their heart and souls into every performance. 

Fast forward 30 years to today. 

For some of you, seeing a couple 55-year old multi-millionaires holding a partial reunion (why not a full reunion?) playing the songs they made popular 25-30 years ago might be the "best" moment of your life. Bringing tears of joy while you watch them play together on live streams. 

But it doesn't hold the same weight for a lot of fans. Seeing this band - in its prime - was a magical experience. Especially seeing them play new and fresh material. Seeing them now is just pure nostalgia. Watching old guys rely on songs they created 30 years ago. 

It's like going to your 30 year class reunion and talking about how much fun you had back in your high school senior year. That's cool - but isn't the same as when those events actually happened. 

If Axl and Team Brazil had cared about THE FANS then they would have done this reunion the proper way. The troubadour show was a perfect start - well done.

But.....Izzy and Adler should have been back. Sorum would have been involved. They would have released a brand new album to start off the tour. 

After a year of touring, release a box set - troubadour live DVD, GnR book, Illusions documentary footage, new album and a Cd of unreleased old songs (remastered OMG, shadow, etc).

Tour the world for two years. Then retire the GnR name. Axl can grab Richard and Melissa and Frank and do his solo band. Slash can grab Myles and do their thing. Etc. 

But a partial reunion with no new music......that's fun. For a bit. It's cool for the one show you went to. After that? No excitement at all. 

GnR could have made sweet love to their fans. Instead they charged $300 and just gave them a handjob. 

I get what you are saying, Apollo.

The reunion was AWESOME especially for fans like me. I was born in '91 so I obviously had no chance to see "real deal GNR". Getting what we got seemed surreal to a younger fan like me, and I am glad I got to see the shows I did last year. I get the whole album vs. tour argument, but I think shows can be as infinite as an album to a fan. The memories I made last year were fucking badass and I loved every GNR-related trip and meetup and show I attended last year. I know they are older, and it isn't the same, I won't pretend it is. It IS a bummer Izzy and Steven aren't there (even if I understand why at least Steven isn't full time), but man, those shows last year were fucking awesome for me. For 50 year olds, they did sound fucking good to me and I had a blast. I get bummed a lot lately, life is stressful, and sometimes it helps to reflect on those trips and stuff or listen to some boots and all that. Sure, its probably a cash grab, but for young fans like me or those that need a bit of nostalgia to escape, its a good kind of cash grab.

I do want a new album, I think new music should be a priority and I am even burnt out by NITL. Its been a great tour, but I won't be sad when its done. I guess last year gave me "GNR closure", if they don't ever do anything meaningful again at least I can say I saw a more authentic version of what I love.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I'm gonna wear  Where's Izzy?- shirt. Can I get a merit badge, please? 

@KURT19already beat everyone by showing up to my preparty last year with a bunch of Izzy-AFD-heads on sticks! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

It tells them you support the lineup they're bringing you. Unless you wear a "Where's Izzy and Adler shirt", you're getting sucked into what they're selling you.

Whatever you want to think.... I didn't get sucked into anything... I am a grown man who is fully aware of what I purchased.  Frank is terrible, Fortus isn't far behind him and Melissa is annoying as fuck but seeing Axl, Slash and Duff up there outweighs that for me. It could better but it isn't.. If they didn't improve from last years April shows I wouldn't go but they kicked ass during the Stadium tour.  I'm not going to sit at home and cry.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

From what I've seen, it's a little cheaper than stadiums. Front rows is around $200 and upper deck is around $90. 

Wasn't much cheaper in Boston... Floor and lower loge were $278 after fees... The Stadium show here was $308