Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

5 hours ago, AlexC said:

Why is everyone ignoring the Appetite post? Surely that means there's still an unannounced show relating to Appetite's anniversary. Just because these new arena dates have been added, it doesn't take anything away from the convenient gap between the European dates and the first North American leg.

Interestingly enough, there's a small music club whose name totally doesn't rhyme with "Troubadour" that as of right this second has absolutely no acts scheduled to play there the week between the European dates and the American leg though they have acts scheduled every week for a month on either side of that week.

Guess which date is the Friday of the dead period in Totally Not The Troubadour's calendar?  July 21. Care to guess what date AFD was released on?

My tinfoil hat is getting too tight.

Edited by Big Dummy
  • Like 1

This is a GNR forum. If people are upset about GNR, guess this is a good place to talk about it.

There are many other bands, sure. But this is the GNR section of a GNR forum. Saying someone's life is empty because he's talking negatively about GNR in the GNR section of a GNR forum is kinda douchey.

There's a certain indirect censorship going on in this thread and it's much more annoying than those complaining about new tour dates.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Whatever you want to think.... I didn't get sucked into anything... I am a grown man who is fully aware of what I purchased.  Frank is terrible, Fortus isn't far behind him and Melissa is annoying as fuck but seeing Axl, Slash and Duff up there outweighs that for me. It could better but it isn't.. If they didn't improve from last years April shows I wouldn't go but they kicked ass during the Stadium tour.  I'm not going to sit at home and cry.

Well, we know you'll do it here when the band starts playing again about how Fortus doesn't blend in, how Frank sucks and how Melissa brings nothing. That's fine and dandy for you, whatever, but sadly you lose. If you really wanted to win, as Russ already said, you vote with your wallet. I respect your decision, but it doesn't back your previous opinions. You're paying for Axl, Slash, and Duff. It's not a debate, like you've said. All I'm saying is, you're putting money in their pockets and telling them that it really doesn't matter if Izzy, Gilby, Sorum, or Adler are there again. That's all. Actions speak louder than words, that's all I'm saying

Edited by Billsfan

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

"Patience is a virtue"

35 minutes ago, soon said:

But they lost their virtues long ago

2 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

There's a few who certainly have. :lol:

If Im hearing you right, I agree.  And i think its time to ask:

who's up for a Stradlin/Adler tour?!?!?!?!

adlers on drums here!!

Why were there such emphasis on LA in the promo and why add the "back were it all started" text?

To me, looking at the dates, LA dosen't seem any more important than New York for example. :shrugs:

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, default_ said:

I know its childish but we should do a repulse/disagree spam over Fernando's social media accounts, these people really need to know whats going on the fanbase right now.

This is a handful of people on a message board complaining. I don't think this is representative of the Guns N' Roses "fanbase" when you consider the fact that they're trying to fill 10,000+ seat arenas.

The majority of people don't care. They just hear Guns N' Roses is coming to town and want to buy a ticket.

Just now, youngswedishvinyl said:

Why were there such emphasis on LA in the promo and why the "back were it all started" text?

To me, looking at the dates, LA dosen't seem any more important than New York for example.

I wonder if something changed?  Kimmel appearance style?

1 minute ago, maynard said:

This is a GNR forum. If people are upset about GNR, guess this is a good place to talk about it.

There are many other bands, sure. But this is the GNR section of a GNR forum. Saying someone's life is empty because he's talking negatively about GNR in the GNR section of a GNR forum is kinda douchey.

There's a certain indirect censorship going on in this thread and it's much more annoying than those complaining about new tour dates.

Good point. Eddie Trunk even said it, you can be a fan of a band and not like everything they do. You can like a band, and not like certain material that they release, right?

IMHO, the band is completely deserving of any and all backlash over this. We both know we shouldn't have expected much, but it still doesn't justify the band attempting to still pull what they pulled today. You can't overhype something we all know isn't that big of a deal.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I wonder if something changed?  Kimmel appearance style?

I think it was just coming back stateside to continue the tour.. which is redundant given they already had shows scheduled.... but whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Good point. Eddie Trunk even said it, you can be a fan of a band and not like everything they do. You can like a band, and not like certain material that they release, right?

IMHO, the band is completely deserving of any and all backlash over this. We both know we shouldn't have expected much, but it still doesn't justify the band attempting to still pull what they pulled today. You can't overhype something we all know isn't that big of a deal.

There's a difference between saying that this sucks and expressing disappointment and saying that GNR is the worst, that Axl/Slash/Duff/GNR Management are the worst people, and that being a fan of this band is pointless.  

@ZoSoRose

you are a class act, bro. I'm out of likes and didn't want to clog up the topic by responding to the long message. I fully agree with your post. 

It's awesome that the big three are back and playing shows. 

It is just crazy because it could have been 100 times better. Imagine seeing Izzy and Adler at your show. And hearing Axl say "and this is my follow up to November Rain and Estranged. This is The General. " 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, downzy said:

There's a difference between saying that this sucks and expressing disappointment and saying that GNR is the worst, that Axl/Slash/Duff/GNR Management are the worst people, and that being a fan of this band is pointless.  

You really believe none of that is venting one's frustration? They shouldn't be entitled to do that right?

Just now, Billsfan said:

You really believe none of that is venting one's frustration? They shouldn't be entitled to do that right?

They can say whatever they want, I haven't hidden anyone's post because I thought they were being unnecessarily dramatic.  I just disagree with the lack of perspective considering the band we're here to discuss.

I've been following this band for over almost 30 years.  There have always been things to take issue with.  Even if Izzy and Steven were playing with GNR this time around there would still be things to complain about.  If someone doesn't get that by now I'm not sure what they're still doing here or why they follow this band.

58 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

every tour by every artist is a moneygrab, it's their job!

it's funny how they like to just fuck with our mind by saying this stuff like "huge announcement" and stuff, make us believe that is really something huge and not just a bunch of dates

That's correct. Things would be exactly the same with the AfD or UYI line-up.

Edited by Sosso

Just now, downzy said:

They can say whatever they want, I haven't hidden anyone's post because I thought they were being unnecessarily dramatic.  I just disagree with the lack of perspective considering the band we're here to discuss.

I've been following this band for over almost 30 years.  There have always been things to take issue with.  Even if Izzy and Steven were playing with GNR this time around there would still be things to complain about.  If someone doesn't get that by now I'm not sure what they're still doing here or why they follow this band.

I guess that's fair, my point was just about having sympathy to anyone with frustration as to what's going on now. I guess what you're saying is, some of it's over the top. I dropped an F-bomb stubbing my toe. Many people do that as a reaction. Funny enough, dropping that F bomb didn't heal my toe, time did. That's my point. Some will always find something to complain about, if a majority complain about something though, they might have a case. Perspective.

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Objectively speaking, GnR management are terrible. They are truly amateurs. Saying that isn't exactly being controversial or negative - it is what it is.

As for Axl, Duff, and Slash - well, it's looking more and more like they're only in it for the money. Their behavior and this tour are about as corporate as you can get. Again, it is what it is. 

Being a fan of this band seems pointless if you want new music. I suppose if you're looking for shows with a few more of the originals, then sure -- this band is at least delivering on that front...albeit with dull, bloated setlists. With standards this low - we either have to take what we can get or opt out in frustration. If this continues though - the audience for these shows will erode faster than you think. Nobody wants to pay to see the same shit multiple times except fanboys. If this forum is any indication - the die-hards are none too pleased.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

There's a difference between creating hype to announce something really amazing to a frustrated fanbase and overhyping the adding of more shows to an already announced tour.

The negative reaction is proportional to the size of the fuck-up they just made.

I knew it was more dates so I'm not frustrated. I'm perplexed by how idiotic they can be by creating hype to announce more shows. It does make GNR look like the worst. It does make look like the Axl, Slash, Duff and TB are awful people and with the lack of any sign of new music, for some of us, being a fan is pointless.

It's a shame you can't understand this. It's a shame you can't understand that this is a place for fans to talk about the band not meaning their lives are affected by it. If you wanna mock people with empty lives, go to depressionforums.org and give them your best. Even if people here had an empty life and GNR was big part of their lives, there's no reason to use this to mock them. At least you didn't mention the old "get out of your mother's basement" one. Very common among Axl fanatics.

What an awful string of posts from you, man. Have to say I'm not surprised though. There's some brown on your nose bro, clean it up.

• Like 3

Guns N' Roses gonna get close to $500 Million after these two L.A. shows in November. That would rank them close to top 3 highest grossing tour of all time behind U2 and The Rolling Stones. They gonna keep rolling and hit second place with another year of touring in 2018, because why not? Beware.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, koldweather said:

Back to where it all started imo hints that the first offical shows for the public was the T mobile gigs...which were arena shows in the USA.. hence the back where it all started.. 

You might have a point there however that's not what people automatically think of upon hearing the phrase 'back where it all started'. GNR fan's memories go back way longer than that. :lol:

• Like 1