Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I guess that's fair, my point was just about having sympathy to anyone with frustration as to what's going on now. I guess what you're saying is, some of it's over the top. I dropped an F-bomb stubbing my toe. Many people do that as a reaction. Funny enough, dropping that F bomb didn't heal my toe, time did. That's my point. Some will always find something to complain about, if a majority complain about something though, they might have a case. Perspective.

Hey, we've all aired our grievances and had frustrations with the band and this forum has served as a platform for many to do so.  My only point here is to remember what today's announcement is and isn't.  It's more opportunity to see the band many, for decades, wanted to see.  It is really disappointing for those (myself included) who want new music or some indication that they plan on celebrating the 30th anniversary of AFD in some special way.  I don't deny that it sucks in some respects.  

But all I'm saying is to keep things in perspective.  I just keep going back to Chris Cornell dying and am grateful that we still have upcoming opportunities to see GNR live.  Additional tour dates isn't the end of the world and hence the rhetoric being used in this discussion by some is a little off base.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, maynard said:

There's a difference between creating hype to announce something really amazing to a frustrated fanbase and overhyping the adding of more shows to an already announced tour.

The negative reaction is proportional to the size of the fuck-up they just made.

I knew it was more dates so I'm not frustrated. I'm perplexed by how idiotic they can be by creating hype to announce more shows. It does make GNR look like the worst. It does make look like the Axl, Slash, Duff and TB are awful people and with the lack of any sign of new music, for some of us, being a fan is pointless.

It's a shame you can't understand this. It's a shame you can't understand that this is a place for fans to talk about the band not meaning their lives are affected by it. If you wanna mock people with empty lives, go to depressionforums.org and give them your best. Even if people here had an empty life and GNR was big part of their lives, there's no reason to use this to mock them. At least you didn't mention the old "get out of your mother's basement" one. Very common among Axl fanatics.

What an awful string of posts from you, man. Have to say I'm not surprised though. There's some brown on your nose bro, clean it up.

I think it's fair to rip those responsible for hyping this more than it should have been.  However, it's not exactly on target to bemoan that fans have more opportunities to see the band live in some great venues.  

I recall last year after seeing the two stadium shows that i hoped for an arena tour next year so I could get a performance with better acoustics.  So for me, it's good news.  Again, sucks that the marketing campaign led people astray, but when you consider the band we're talking about, it shouldn't come as a surprise.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Big Dummy said:

Interestingly enough, there's a small music club whose name totally doesn't rhyme with "Troubadour" that as of right this second has absolutely no acts scheduled to play there the week between the European dates and the American leg though they have acts scheduled every week for a month on either side of that week.

Guess which date is the Friday of the dead period in Totally Not The Troubadour's calendar?  July 21. Care to guess what date AFD was released on?

My tinfoil hat is getting too tight.

Interesting discovery. Thanks for pointing it out and welcome to the forum.

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

Interesting discovery. Thanks for pointing it out and welcome to the forum.

In all fairness this had already been pointed out previously by several others, along with the fact that LA Guns has a show booked on July 21st at the Whiskey.

• Like 2

Just now, tsinindy said:

In all fairness this had already been pointed out previously by several others, along with the fact that LA Guns has a show booked on July 21st at the Whiskey.

Sorry to the other posters, that was the first time i'd read it.

• Like 1

Why are people disappointed? This was CLEARLY an announcement for more tour dates. Otherwise why would Ticketmaster + an LA radio station be hyping this? There STILL might be doing a surprise 30th anniversary gig. We don't know. 

But did people really think the radio station was gonna drop a new single or something?

33 minutes ago, Team RamRod said:

Does anybody think that this may be the end of the Slash/Duff reunion era? Last shows are in L.A....where it all began.

Weren't there rumors that Slash and Duff were signed to a 2 year contract with this band? If so, it would make sense.  They'll do as many shows as possible this year and get their creative rocks off doing solo stuff next year. Hopefully the gag order will be lifted, and Slash won't be forever mute. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Why are people disappointed? This was CLEARLY an announcement for more tour dates. Otherwise why would Ticketmaster + an LA radio station be hyping this? There STILL might be doing a surprise 30th anniversary gig. We don't know. 

I hope so. It would be so sad if they did nothing for the AFD anniversary. :(

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

But did people really think the radio station was gonna drop a new single or something?

People are pissed cause this band was epic and unpredictable between 86-93. + Perfect production value. 

Axl is teasing the fans for over 20 years. He destroyed the brand with cheap promotions, horrible merchandise, almost no fan community and media work, the highest production costs for only 1 album, like 20 different musicians, the same setlist for years, lame covers like the seeker and beautiful, etc. And he is not listening to fans who just wanna see the old guys and some new content. 

He is ignoring the fans. It's a fuckin fact. And Duff + Slash joined this horrible behavior, when they signed their gag order contract. 

Edited by 2414225

24 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I agree with you in general, but it isn't unreasonable that a radio station would drop a new single....you know back in the day before "dropping" was a thing, that's how it was done.  Radio stations premiered new music.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

the writings on the wall… these guys are using us… like the way they used the strippers in the early days… they're essentially stealing our money while fucking us.  

i think the ADMINS have a point in that we have to remember the fans who didn't get to see a show first time around, HOWEVER, with that said, personally at this point i don't give the three girlfriends and team yes that kind of credit… they aren't doing this for the fans... that's why the fake time-line leaves out izzy and steven… they'd have to cut them in more than they'd have to cut in the backing band of EMPLOYEES.   they cut out izzy and then lied about why to try and save face.  izzy exposed them brilliantly.  

it's between the lines but i believe stephanie seymour's nanny and her unqualified son and their accomplices at Team Yes have truly exposed the truth of the organization with the rollout of this silly, greedy and lazy "announcement"… i wanted to believe slash and duff playing CD songs was an olive branch to axl but now i know they are sell outs, playing those songs and selling their souls for money.  

dear slash and duff,

we see you. 

Dear Fans,

if it makes you happy, go see them.  if you don't support greedy corporations run by greedy white men… stay at home.   

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

the writings on the wall… these guys are using us… like the way they used the strippers in the early days… they're essentially stealing our money while fucking us.  

i think the ADMINS have a point in that we have to remember the fans who didn't get to see a show first time around, HOWEVER, with that said, personally at this point i don't give the three girlfriends and team yes that kind of credit… they aren't doing this for the fans... that's why the fake time-line leaves out izzy and steven… they'd have to cut them in more than they'd have to cut in the backing band of EMPLOYEES.   they cut out izzy and then lied about why to try and save face.  izzy exposed them brilliantly.  

it's between the lines but i believe stephanie seymour's nanny and her unqualified son and their accomplices at Team Yes have truly exposed the truth of the organization with the rollout of this silly, greedy and lazy "announcement"… i wanted to believe slash and duff playing CD songs was an olive branch to axl but now i know they are sell outs, playing those songs and selling their souls for money.  

dear slash and duff,

we see you. 

Dear Fans,

if it makes you happy, go see them.  if you don't support greedy corporations run by greedy white men… stay at home.   

Great post, that's how it is.

8 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Theyre taking money and in return give us unforgettable shows and moments.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

you're right and i'm sorry.  as punishment i will now listen to Chinese Democracy and i will refer to it as "guns n' roses".  again, my apologies.  

lol, don't do It to yourself, everybody makes mistakes. Your punishment seems a bit excessive.

• Like 1