Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

:lol:

Wasn't in the band since he quit in 1991. Never reliably showed up in the past during guest spots with whatever GNR lineup was touring. Didn't remember his old licks. 

I love Izzy. But he gave up the GNR partnership long ago but now he wanted back into it because he saw how big the pie was gonna be. We don't know what he was offered vs what he felt he deserved. So why make baseless comments like HE was somehow slighted? Why should we believe him over Axl? At least Axl has a history of being honest (sometimes to a fault). Izzy has a history of being somewhat of a recluse who shies away from social media and interviews. Izzy on Twitter was a CLEAR way for him to try to garner public favor and put pressure on GNR. I see it worked on some of you.

18 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

How much was pit in Chicago?

Same as the current stadium tour. $250 a ticket.

Edited by GnR Chris

3 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Oh dear God. Not the "Izzy underserved loot" discussion again. :facepalm:

:popcorn:

If Izzy requested a lot of money to do just a number of shows instead of doing the whole tour, which is very likely knowing his history, I wouldn't blame Axl, Slash and Duff.

IF (big if) he was up to do this whole touring cycle and got rejected then fuck those three.

Deep down I have a feeling Izzy wanted lots of money to do whatever he wanted. It's just a guess but seems like a very possible scenario. And things became ugly to the point he won't do any guest appearance soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Same as the current stadium tour. $250 a ticket.

Thanks for the info, had to unlike your post not sure I agree with you on all the Izzy stuff but only bc neither of us know the facts and you speculating as much as ZoSo is.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nightrain wanted to give me the far end of the lower bowl in Houston for $250. 

Refreshed and got a floor ticket in front of the extended part of the stage. 

Refreshed again and got a floor ticket behind the GA pit on slashes side.. 

fuckin hell!:lol:

ok i just found out about the tickets in Oakland! my BFF lives in Sac so i could stay with her and MAKE her come with me to the concert! soooo yeah the announcement was pretty awesome for me. it would be cool as hell to go to LA but i could never talk her into that :P

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Legit question, why do you post here? Its clear you don't like it much on here since you barely do and the few times you do post, you do so just to vehemently defend the band.

This is a GNR forum. Maybe he likes GNR, you know? :lol: Jesus, the things you read on here. Roll on Saturday, so we can scrutinise shows again :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lio said:

This is a GNR forum. Maybe he likes GNR, you know? :lol: Jesus, the things you read on here. Roll on Saturday, so we can scrutinise shows again :)

FUck you are right. I'm too jaded and high right now

sorry @GnR Chris

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Lio said:

You should only go for your own enjoyment. When I go to a show, where my money goes to, is the last of my worries. I go because I want to and because I hope to have a great time. That should be the only thing you consider. If you'll be getting worked up all night because Izzy isn't there and because they're not making the right decisions, save yourself the money and stress and don't go.

The money issue is not really important, is the feeling. I kinda hate myself for not feeling even a little excited to see my favorite band (well, what's left of it) live for the first time. I'm afraid of my reaction, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be disappointed and even though Izzy and Steven not being there is a big reason for it, is not the only one. I suppose I'll end up going and having a good time with my people but as i said, I'm afraid of what's going to mean for me. It's weird, I know but it is what it is. :shrugs:

2 hours ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Weren't there rumors that Slash and Duff were signed to a 2 year contract with this band? If so, it would make sense.  They'll do as many shows as possible this year and get their creative rocks off doing solo stuff next year. Hopefully the gag order will be lifted, and Slash won't be forever mute. 

This seems most likely to me. Hoping for a new SMKC album next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

How exactly did Izzy expose them? He wanted more cash than he deserved and has not EVER completed a world tour. He's unreliable. ALSO, Fortus was still in the band. They didn't have a rhythm vacancy. Adler was given guest opportunities and squandered it. He is another one who's completely unreliable. You don't have to attend the shows. I'm personally PUMPED to see them swing through my town again. 

"Cash grab." "Selling souls." Give me a break. We waited years and never thought Slash and Axl would play together again, and now people are complaining about it already, about a year into it. Why do you even post at a gnr fan site?

Izzy is unreliable because he left the band in early 90's (trying to stay off drugs in a band spiraling out of control)?  Axl was jumping into audience, showing up late and causing riots  at the same time..  but past deeds don't make him unreliable, unlike Izzy?

IDK if  AFD -tour counts as a world tour, but it lasted 16 months...and the whole classic lineup was still together when it ended. 

I'm not 100% sure what exactly Izzy was offered and or what he asked for (how much money and was it just guest spots or something more) Sure there's second hand information but none of the parties directly involved have given precise information. But you seem to know better, because you know that Izzy was the one who asked more than he deserved... not the other three. I guess he should have done it for free, for the love of music and the fans (because he's the unreliable one, right?) 

I have never called this tour  a cash grab, (or that somebody is selling their soul) of course they want to make money. However, when time goes on and nothing new or creative (new music etc.) seems to appear, it doesn't make this "reunion" look very good.

I've bought my ticket last year, so I'm going to see them (especially because this is my first time to get to see them live). I hope  it will be a good show, despite everything I just wrote here. I'm Izzy fangirl, so I'm as biased as it gets, but some parts of your post seemed slightly exaggerated to me.  (and some parts of mine are exaggerated too - I will admit it) 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typos

4 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Izzy is unreliable because he left the band in early 90's (trying to stay off drugs in a band spiraling out of control)?  Axl was jumping into audience, showing up late and causing riots  at the same time..  but past deeds don't make him unreliable, unlike Izzy?

IDK if  AFD -tour counts as a world tour, but it lasted 16 months...and the whole classic lineup was still together when it ended. 

I'm not 100% sure what exactly Izzy was offered and or what he asked for (how much money and was it just guest spots or something more) Sure there's second hand information but none of the parties directly involved have given precise information. But you seem to know better, because you know that Izzy was the one who asked more than he deserved... not the other three. I guess he should have done it for free, for the love of music and the fans (because he's the unreliable one, right?) 

I have never called this tour  a cash grab, (or that somebody is selling their soul) of course they want to make money. However, when time goes on and nothing new or creative (new music etc.) seems to appear, it doesn't make this "reunion" look very good.

I've bough my ticket last year, so I'm going to see them (especially because this is my first time to get to see them live). I hope  it will be a good show, despite everything I just wrote here. I'm Izzy fangirl, so I'm as bias as it gets, but some parts of your post seemed slightly exaggerated to me.  (and some parts of mine are exaggerated too - I will admit it) 

Agreed!! Izzy was trying to save himself and get away from the negativity. You certainly can't blame the guy for that! I would have left too. I honestly don't think he was ever approached or asked to be part of the tour. (That's only my opinion, but I truly believe it.) Maybe they thought he wouldn't like it or would want to leave halfway through or something. I don't know. And maybe he figured that them not asking him to be a major part of it meant that they didn't want to "share the loot." We'll never really know the whole truth.

You'll have a good time! It will be a great show!

Edited by delilahrose
  • Like 1

So the current ticket prices are more than what I payed last year for floor level seats. I think it might be better to wait and see if any of the pit or front sections of the floor level seats become available at a lower price. What do you all think?

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

This seems most likely to me. Hoping for a new SMKC album next year.

I would rather hear a new side project with Slash, Duff, Richard and Frank. 

No surprise that this was kinda a let down...or atleast nothing exciting and fresh. but that comes with being a GNR fan. You're let down far more often that not. Its not all doom and gloom though, Arenas atleast sound better than stadiums. 

I may go see them at the forum, more so because I didnt get to take my little bro with me since I was a broke college student last august. Id like for him to get to see this show atleast once. Chris Cornell's death put alot of shit into perspective for me. enjoy your heroes while they are alive, Sadly I wont get to do that with Soundgarden as they are most likely finished as a band, and any hopes of new music died with him sadly. So although, its not what I wanted, I'll consider going if the price is right, and who knows..maybe something cool happens at the Forum to close out another US Tour. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ironmt said:

I just checked this morning and It looks like prices have come down a bit and sells have picked up drastically for the first few shows. Ticket sells will get even better as the concerts get closer.

I hope so. I love going to shows with huge crowds. I already have tickets to San Antonio, but now Houston, too. I'm really excited!

2 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

I hope so. I love going to shows with huge crowds. I already have tickets to San Antonio, but now Houston, too. I'm really excited!

Good for you, there Is nothing like being there live and youtube doesn't do the actual event any justice. As far as ticket sells are concerned, they were lagging last year also for most of the second shows that were added and by show time they were packed.