Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Just been look at some of the comments following GnR's social media, not a happy fan base out there, seems a lot of people feel let down and mislead by this announcement. I know I have been begging for this kind PR effort for a long time, but if your suddenly going to go big out of nowhere, shouldn't it be for something out of the ordinary? It amazes me that some how they are constantly off the mark no matter what ever they do.

• Like 2

On May 24, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Blake Sabbath said:

Perhaps it'll be a whole arena tour of the States celebrating AFD30

Damn, you're a GNR prophet, my friend. I can't wait to see them live again. Any day GNR plays live is a great fukin' day in my book. I saw them multiple times on the Illusions tour and I think they sound better live now, then they did back in the day. Last summer in Houston was amazing. BTW, prophet, what's the setlist gonna be? ? Take care, man

1 minute ago, Archtop said:

Just been look at some of the comments following GnR's social media, not a happy fan base out there, seems a lot of people feel let down and mislead by this announcement. I know I have been begging for this kind PR effort for a long time, but if your suddenly going to go big out of nowhere, shouldn't it be for something out of the ordinary? It amazes me that some how they are constantly off the mark no matter what ever they do.

Whats even more amazing are fans expectations of the band. Anyone that has been a fan from the beginning or lived through the Chinese Democracy fiasco knew or should have known that a new album was just not going to happen especially considering Axl himself In a recent Interview stated that "soon Is not the word" They are In the middle of a worldwide tour right now so logic predicts that the announcement would center around the tour. 

13 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

Damn, you're a GNR prophet, my friend. I can't wait to see them live again. Any day GNR plays live is a great fukin' day in my book. I saw them multiple times on the Illusions tour and I think they sound better live now, then they did back in the day. Last summer in Houston was amazing. BTW, prophet, what's the setlist gonna be? ? Take care, man

Do you really think so? That Is Interesting. I also caught the Illusions tour and It Is really no comparison IMO although I am beyond grateful to have most of the original line up together touring again and actually caught two great shows(Las Vegas and Dodger stadium) on this tour.

Edited by ironmt
  • Like 1

I am curious as to how these new Los Angeles dates will sell, I mean it was only around year ago when they played to shit tons of people in Dodger Stadium two nights in a row.  If its the same lineup and basically the same show, how much demand will there be?  

11 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I am curious as to how these new Los Angeles dates will sell, I mean it was only around year ago when they played to shit tons of people in Dodger Stadium two nights in a row.  If its the same lineup and basically the same show, how much demand will there be?  

Some cities are going to sell no matter how many times they decide to play them and I think Los Angeles Is one of those cities.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Whats even more amazing are fans expectations of the band. Anyone that has been a fan from the beginning or lived through the Chinese Democracy fiasco knew or should have known that a new album was just not going to happen especially considering Axl himself In a recent Interview stated that "soon Is not the word" They are In the middle of a worldwide tour right now so logic predicts that the announcement would center around the tour. 

I wasn't expecting new music, and I don't really think the majority were. I figured it would be tour related but expected it to be special gigs relating to 30 anniversary in whatever capacity they felt fit to mark it.

Just seems to me that they didn't make this much fuss for the original tour announcement and no where near this for the roll out of European dates. I have been a fan a long time, there was nothing logical about the build up to this.

8 minutes ago, baldek said:

You know what, I've been waiting to see this lineup since April Fool's last year and I'm about a week closer to fulfill the dream.

Ever since, I've watched youtube videos, i've read reviews on pretty much every website that has them, hell, I've even recovered my mygnr.com password as I haven't been here since probably 2009, just to catch that feeling once again. As much as you do, I want to hear new music from them, really, I want to hear Slash's Gibson moaning alongside Axl's octaves, both kicking ass at maximum volume.

However, it seems to me that personal satisfaction is a bigger deal than I thought, and since this band is loved by many, how about you calm your horses down and appreciate what you have, instead of complaining because GN'R added a few more shows to their tour? Did you ever think about the dude in Tulsa who's been dying to see them since 92? Or the girl in Philly who somehow didn't have the chance to see them on the Chinese Democracy tour? Or the mates who'll have the chance to reunite at some fucking Cleveland show, to remember old times, when they smoked pot and cracked a few cold ones in the parking lot while their UYI cassette was blasting their stereo? All these people have a way of doing it now, as some of you had the opportunity to do so last year.

Enjoy your shows, rock hard and never forget, vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time.

I agree 100% with what you're saying here. But personally, and I think what a lot of people think, is this added round of the same tour didn't warrant a big "announcement" on its own. They could've just fuckin added these shows and said they were adding dates all along. They didn't have to get all mysterious about it. Just fuckin say it.

I'm going to St Louis and will still have a great time I'll always remember, guaranteed. But I feel like they fucked with us a little. I guess that's my fault anyway. I'll enjoy the show, and listen to Maiden n Metallica on the way to n from...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

The biggest gripe I have is the fucking prices again.. They are alienating so many people with pure greed... I know a lot of people that want to go but can't or won't because of the prices..

26 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

While I agree with the attitude of enjoying what we can while we can. How bleak is it true fans need to adopt the outlook of "Well. It could be worse. They could be dead." lol

It's been that way for almost 25 years, maybe longer depending on your view of what GNR is and should be.  

3 minutes ago, Drakestar said:

The ACC sound is horrible. Wait for the London halloween show.

While not great, it will certainly be better than last year's Rogers Centre.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I agree 100% with what you're saying here. But personally, and I think what a lot of people think, is this added round of the same tour didn't warrant a big "announcement" on its own. They could've just fuckin added these shows and said they were adding dates all along. They didn't have to get all mysterious about it. Just fuckin say it.

I'm going to St Louis and will still have a great time I'll always remember, guaranteed. But I feel like they fucked with us a little. I guess that's my fault anyway. I'll enjoy the show, and listen to Maiden n Metallica on the way to n from...

Well I understand that feeling, i really do because we're all GN'R fans afterall and, at some point, we've all been there. But then again, can we really blame someone else for our delusions? 

I'm sure you'll enjoy your show as much as I will enjoy mine, it's Guns N' F'n Roses. Going to Lisbon, Prague & Paris btw.

Cheers mate! :insert beer:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The biggest gripe I have is the fucking prices again.. They are alienating so many people with pure greed... I know a lot of people that want to go but can't or won't because of the prices..

That's not true at all. The best seats are ridiculous. I love this band but would not and could not drop $250 on one ticket. However, there are plenty of cheaper options. The show in philly in October is as cheap as $63. 

6 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Why are people disappointed? This was CLEARLY an announcement for more tour dates. Otherwise why would Ticketmaster + an LA radio station be hyping this? There STILL might be doing a surprise 30th anniversary gig. We don't know. 

But did people really think the radio station was gonna drop a new single or something?

Looking at the gap in dates between July 15 & July 27 it would make logical sense if there is a surprise AFD 30 year show in LA before they hit St Louis. AFD was released July 21. 

1 minute ago, DannyVinyard said:

What a huge disappointment. A big announcement for nothing but more of the same cash grab touring. Thanks for nothing.

Got to grab the cash somehow, It's certainly not In releasing a new album.

34 minutes ago, downzy said:

It's been that way for almost 25 years, maybe longer depending on your view of what GNR is and should be.  

While not great, it will certainly be better than last year's Rogers Centre.  

The heaving of the people. The rudeness of the venue staff. Not good. At least the ACC is used to a jammed venue, unlike the Jays ?.

Trying to decide. 

52 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

That's not true at all. The best seats are ridiculous. I love this band but would not and could not drop $250 on one ticket. However, there are plenty of cheaper options. The show in philly in October is as cheap as $63. 

There are 65 dollar options at my show too.. They will be at least 80 bucks after the charges and those are for the farthest Balcony seats from the stage.. Who the hell wants to sit way back there?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Plenty o cash to be grabbed though simply by putting out something like a "roots of Appetite" album with JumpinJack Flash, Heartbreak Hotel, Nov Rain Demo, Crash Diet, whatever. I know there's ancient shabby evidence of it, but tune it up.

Please grab my cash.

I'd kill for a live album from those days..... The Felt Forum would be a good choice

• Like 3