Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

11 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I love how you thank them for "nothing" as if they owe you anything.

I didn't say they owed me anything, did I? Why tease and lead people on with a "big announcement" when all they're announcing is that they're doing the same thing they have been doing? When I see a video on facebook cataloging GNR's history and ending with an upcoming announcement on Wednesday 24th 2017, I'm thinking "oh sweet, a new single is coming out or new album information", not more of the same ol same ol.

• Like 2

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Did someone not use or is not going to use the Nightrain code for tickets?  The tickets sale for argentina show is a completely disaster. Please if someone has it contact me by pm, I know that I'm asking for something really difficult to give. 

Just now, MADDOGJONES said:

You thought a new single or album was coming out? Mmmmm... did you really?

Yeah, I did. Who hypes up a big announcement only to announce they're doing the same thing they have been doing for years? But, of course, it's Axl and Guns N' Roses. I should just expect worst case scenario every time, right?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

Yeah, I did. Who hypes up a big announcement only to announce they're doing the same thing they have been doing for years? But, of course, it's Axl and Guns N' Roses. I should just expect worst case scenario every time, right?

Once for all. Slash, Duff and Axl haven't recorded anything new since their reunion and since they are on tour for the rest of the year, there won't be new material. If Slash and Duff really signed a 2 year contract, we won't see them in GnR til 2019 or even 2020. GnR is done at the end of the year.

Just now, DannyVinyard said:

Who hypes up a massive tour of one of the most iconic bands in history? Do you really need an answer to that?

No offense, mate, but you are the only person on this forum who thought that was really what was going to happen. Some allowed ourselves to hope, but no one thought that would happen. It's not the time to drop an album for one, this tour is promoting the history of Guns, the back catalogue. Once this dries up and if they all want to remain part of GUNS, they'll probably release something then. Why drop an album now? It will have a bigger impact once the tour is over.

Slash has been touring with GNR for years? No, one year, and it's still a big deal for a lot of people, as you'll see soon by the ticket sales for these gigs. People have waited for Slash to be back in Guns forever, this tour has legs. The success of this tour only helps the possibility of an album, dvd's, etc, for the future.

You're disappointed, I get it, I want a new album more than shows too, but you don't have to attack the band over it, like they've fucked you over or something. Most people are NOT waiting or wanting a new album. It's the tour that matters.

4 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Who hypes up a massive tour of one of the most iconic bands in history? Do you really need an answer to that?

No offense, mate, but you are the only person on this forum who thought that was really what was going to happen. Some allowed ourselves to hope, but no one thought that would happen. It's not the time to drop an album for one, this tour is promoting the history of Guns, the back catalogue. Once this dries up and if they all want to remain part of GUNS, they'll probably release something then. Why drop an album now? It will have a bigger impact once the tour is over.

Slash has been touring with GNR for years? No, one year, and it's still a big deal for a lot of people, as you'll see soon by the ticket sales for these gigs. People have waited for Slash to be back in Guns forever, this tour has legs. The success of this tour only helps the possibility of an album, dvd's, etc, for the future.

You're disappointed, I get it, I want a new album more than shows too, but you don't have to attack the band over it, like they've fucked you over or something. Most people are NOT waiting or wanting a new album. It's the tour that matters.

Lots of people saying "I told you so" after the announcement dropped. Which is fine. I didn't see you around when the predictions/ hopes/ dreams were being put up though. 

I'm sure you knew all along it was just show dates though, am I right? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Lots of people saying "I told you so" after the announcement dropped. Which is fine. I didn't see you around when the predictions/ hopes/ dreams were being put up though. 

I'm sure you knew all along it was just show dates though, am I right? 

I didn't know anything, but I was pretty sure it was more touring. It makes perfect sense business wise to tour more, they have only been at it a year and have had great success. Why stop? Why stop playing to thousands of fans each night? Having a blast, making them happy and making boat load of money at the same time?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Once for all. Slash, Duff and Axl haven't recorded anything new since their reunion and since they are on tour for the rest of the year, there won't be new material. If Slash and Duff really signed a 2 year contract, we won't see them in GnR til 2019 or even 2020. GnR is done at the end of the year.

My guess:

GN'R NITL 2016-2017

AC/DC / SMKC / Loaded 2018-2019

GN'R 2020-2021

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

442423p1.jpg

Guns N' Roses VIP Packages Fall 2017

Get the rockstar treatment when you purchase an exclusive Guns N' Roses VIP Package! Select from two amazing experiences which include:

ULTIMATE PARADISE CITY VIP LOUNGE EXPERIENCE
One premium reserved seat in the FRONT ROW, behind the GA pit!
Luxury black car transportation to and from your designated pickup location to the venue (within 75 miles of venue)
Private backstage tour!  Go behind the scenes and meet members of the GN'R crew to learn what it takes to put this elaborate production together!
On Stage group photo taken with a GN'R instrument or prop (digital photo sent to you by the end of the night)
One autographed item signed by members of Guns N Roses

806438685_medium.gif

2 hours ago, baldek said:

You know what, I've been waiting to see this lineup since April Fool's last year and I'm about a week closer to fulfill the dream.

Ever since, I've watched youtube videos, i've read reviews on pretty much every website that has them, hell, I've even recovered my mygnr.com password as I haven't been here since probably 2009, just to catch that feeling once again. As much as you do, I want to hear new music from them, really, I want to hear Slash's Gibson moaning alongside Axl's octaves, both kicking ass at maximum volume.

However, it seems to me that personal satisfaction is a bigger deal than I thought, and since this band is loved by many, how about you calm your horses down and appreciate what you have, instead of complaining because GN'R added a few more shows to their tour? Did you ever think about the dude in Tulsa who's been dying to see them since 92? Or the girl in Philly who somehow didn't have the chance to see them on the Chinese Democracy tour? Or the mates who'll have the chance to reunite at some fucking Cleveland show, to remember old times, when they smoked pot and cracked a few cold ones in the parking lot while their UYI cassette was blasting their stereo? All these people have a way of doing it now, as some of you had the opportunity to do so last year.

Enjoy your shows, rock hard and never forget, vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time.

That was fuckin beautiful bro

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

I didn't know anything, but I was pretty sure it was more touring. It makes perfect sense business wise to tour more, they have only been at it a year and have had great success. Why stop? Why stop playing to thousands of fans each night? Having a blast, making them happy and making boat load of money at the same time?

You were pretty sure. I don't remember you chiming in with that opinion,but fuck I ain't the opinion police, so carry on.

I ain't begrudging them making money. I've been a 2 person GnR economic stimulus machine for years now. Just give me the proverbial reach around when you're fuckin me (not you obviously).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

You were pretty sure. I don't remember you chiming in with that opinion,but fuck I ain't the opinion police, so carry on.

I ain't begrudging them making money. I've been a 2 person GnR economic stimulus machine for years now. Just give me the proverbial reach around when you're fuckin me (not you obviously).

I'm not here gloating about "being right" about anything, if 'you' thought it was a new album being launched and are now upset about that who's to blame? GNR?

I've been a fan since '89.  I was excited to see them twice in Chicago last summer.

i am happy to see them again.

no "shoulda, woulda, coulda" infantile whining filling endless pages and threads here.

complaining won't change anything and nobody cares.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MADDOGJONES said:

Yeah, LOL, not as though he was ever right about anything! Oh, yeah, actually he has given fans a tonne of great info! Better track record than lets say, you.

Great...you're back, you were missed......not really, it was actually much quieter when you were gone. 

Speaking of track records would one say it's a better track record to have been suspended twice or warned twice? 

Have a good day, you're back on ignore

• Like 2

Just now, tsinindy said:

Great...you're back, you were missed......not really, it was actually much quieter when you were gone. 

Speaking of track records would one say it's a better track record to have been suspended twice or warned twice? 

Have a good day, you're back on ignore

Not sure why you would block and unblock me all the time. Seems weird.

MSL has broke a lot news regarding the band, no reason in my mind to doubt what he reported about the contracts, but each to their own.

Just now, MADDOGJONES said:

Not sure why you would block and unblock me all the time. Seems weird.

MSL has broke a lot news regarding the band, no reason in my mind to doubt what he reported about the contracts, but each to their own.

I hadn't gotten to it yet....but I'm not going to discuss the person you mention for a bazillion reasons.  Have a good one bro

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

I'm not here gloating about "being right" about anything, if 'you' thought it was a new album being launched and are now upset about that who's to blame? GNR?

I miss Maddog Jones ,welcome☺

• Like 1

I'm OK with whatever happened today, I know that the expectations were huge, as huge as the deception, but all the expectations were based on speculations so no reason to blame anybody, anyway, I think they just exaggerated a little, anyway I think what we got is cool, new music would be cooler and an AFD5 reunion the coolest thing ever could happen to most of the fans (maybe to them too) I believe that everything in the universe works in circles and this band needs to close the circle they started in the 80's, because to be honest I don't see them doing something together after the finish of this "reunion", I'm positive, but I try to be realistic, It didn't work before, I don't see how they could make it work now, specially after everybody experienced to be in charge of the creative process of making their own stuff, when they finish this tour, I'll have in mind, and they should have in mind that it could be the end. It isn't 1993 and they aren't a "brotherhood" anymore. They are a band that brought back two ex members for touring for 2 years (?). Let's enjoy whatever they do (artistically) and if someone isn't OK with what they do I understand you, they're assholes, I hate they don't do what I'd like they do, but anyway they gave me great memories during my life, and that's enough for me to understand them and enjoy their job at least till November, no more, if they come next year with a setlist that includes Appetite, Lies, Illusions or Chinese only songs I'll wait for the YouTube videos, just a comment and its my personal vision of the facts, I think they can't ignore the 30th anniversary, they just can't, I don't say the AFD5 reunion will happen (actually I do) but I can't believe they won't do something, come on, I hate to say something like this about somebody I don't know, but Who Can Refuse to Get a Few Extra Dollars if They Have the Chance?... If they offer me an official branded set of napkins Appetite for Destruction 30th anniversary, I'll buy it. 

And we still have that yellow background that is different than anything they showed till yet. In a billboard at West Hollywood, and for two seconds in a video promo.

I find nonsense the phrases "Where all it begin" and "Get in the Ring",  they still bothering me but I don't have any theory about them. 

Edited by Fede
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Joeypeeps said:

Damn, you're a GNR prophet, my friend. I can't wait to see them live again. Any day GNR plays live is a great fukin' day in my book. I saw them multiple times on the Illusions tour and I think they sound better live now, then they did back in the day. Last summer in Houston was amazing. BTW, prophet, what's the setlist gonna be? ? Take care, man

?

Yeah was all abit of hot air for the announcement of some more tours dates, but fuck y'know this is probably very exciting for the people in the cities who haven't seen em yet. The lead up to the announcement was just bizzare though and pretty misleading.....and to think they fucking nailed it with the Troubadour thing, kinda the story of GNR's existence really.

• Like 2

We just choose the wrong band to be our favorite I can't think about the band that's bigger mess than this one, and PR team has to be fired because they are clueless which won't happen because Team Brazil is in charge of that probably.

• Like 2