Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

1 minute ago, DexAxl said:

We just choose the wrong band to be our favorite I can't think about the band that's bigger mess than this one, and PR team has to be fired because they are clueless which won't happen because Team Brazil is in charge of that probably.

You could probably do a better job though right?

Yep.. It seems like that yellow thing is still there.

So theres hope for something more. 

I get that we all want new gnr music ( last axl/slash/duff work we got its from 23 years a go)

But we have more shows coming (wich is wonderfull) and if a recall correctly a lot of people on this forum were dieyin for some arena dates.

So please stop complaining and lets enjoy this enormes tresure: gnr is back 

Peace.

S.O.S        Venezuela

• Like 1

Why do some people find the "where it all began" part misleading still?

The tour is coming all the way back around to where it began to wrap up in Los Angeles. It's pretty damn simple.

they yellow billboard is a just a billboard advertising GNR because they are back "together" and on tour. There's no special meaning.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Why do some people find the "where it all began" part misleading still?

The tour is coming all the way back around to where it began to wrap up in Los Angeles. It's pretty damn simple.

they yellow billboard is a just a billboard advertising GNR because they are back "together" and on tour. There's no special meaning.

Because the way it was presented in the videos, a billboard in L.A. and the L.A. radio "huge" announcement it seemed to hint to just one or two shows in L.A. ONLY. Instead we are having another leg of the tour. The last video kinda gave away a clue about more shows though. In the end the whole promotion and hype was misleading and overblown. That's what it looks like at this point. I'm praying they would do something similar to what they did in 93. Either an acoustic set or something different to what they are doing right now.

On 5/23/2017 at 7:58 PM, Eddie Money said:

We are getting a fall GNR tour according to my live nation contact who told me not to sweat missing the STL on sale because they were going to come around again.  This was in December or January - whenever the STL date went on sale.  

This has nothing to do with her opinion but I've booked a weekend in LA For July 21 weekend. Something is happening then.  The same station hyping that stupid FYF Fest is also teasing the Big GNR news.  If it were just tour dates, that KROQ station would probably be making the announcement, no?  The coliseum is on the grounds of the festival and the whole thing is promoted by Golden Voice who also promoted Coachella.  If you look at the video, they make a big deal about GNR playing Coachella last year.  Nobody cares about that performance anymore. It doesn't fit in, unless it were another show(s) presented by the same promoter.  

Bro - what happened?

Just now, Italian girl said:

at this point, I'd like to see them again in Europe for a second leg in arenas

Yeah that will probably happen next year. Or, even if it's another stadium run in different cities they'll definitely do a second European leg in 2018.

All I know is that after this summers tour is over, I'm never going to a GNR show again, unless they release new music. And no, not even the inclusion of Izzy and Adler will get me excited unless there's new music. I'd much rather go see some other bands that I haven't yet seen live.

If you want new GNR music I suggest you do the same. But if touring is all you care about, then sure, go support the endless touring. But for me, this is the end.

• Like 1

You will not get music before 2020.

2018- reserved for solo projects Slash-SMKC Axl- Sitting home doing nothing and eating taco bell or recording album/touring with AC/DC

2019- Tour continues with probably return to Australia & NZ and summer in Europe on festivals (festivals are great cash grab they just can't miss that)

This shit is sad. Like somebody said on this thread "The Until the end of your lifetime tour".

Everybody loves Izzy BUT everybody knows Fortus is a much better guitar player. The band knows it, Axl, Slash and Duff know it and that's why Fortus is a KEY MEMBER of the band (like it or not, the guy is an absolute KEY MEMBER of the band)

The gigs are much better with Fortus, he is incredibly good, solid and the guy is a real showman, he really entertains the crowd... Izzy is a good songwriter, but he is no good onstage and can't really play the songs.

Plus, Fortus is an incredibly LEAD guitar player too and it's a great combo with Slash.

I love Izzy but come on... Fortus is a million miles ahead.

Edited by Sunset Boulevard
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Everybody loves Izzy BUT everybody knows Fortus is a much better guitar player. The band knows it, Axl, Slash and Duff know it and that's why Fortus is a KEY MEMBER of the band (like it or not, the guy is an absolute KEY MEMBER of the band)

The gigs are much better with Fortus, he is incredibly good, solid and the guy is a real showman, he really entertains the crowd... Izzy is a good songwriter, but he is no good onstage and can't really play the songs.

Plus, Fortus is an incredibly LEAD guitar player too and it's a great combo with Slash.

Oh no you didn't just go there! I'll give you that Izzy isn't a "showman"= acting a rockstar and lead guitarist like Fortus.

But goddammit I'm not gonna give you that Fortus is better fit with Slash. Slash is the MAN and the LEAD guitar player, Slash needs laid-back player a la Izzy motherfucking Stradlin not wannabe lead guitarist Fortus. I like Fortus tho, but let's not confuse legend with hired hand please.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

If fortus is such a great guitarist why has he spent the majority of his career playing a subpar (according to you) guitarists work? If you like fortus, great. But don't over hype the dude when he doesn't have any accomplishments to back up your claims. He's a good guitarist. Better than Izzy? No.

He said Fortus is a better player, not a better songwriter. Being really good at your instrument doesnt make you magically a good songwriter, that's a completely different skill. And no Fortus is not a key member, no one cares for him at the shows. I doubt they even know his name.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I thought you were @Sunset Gardner for a moment and figured YuuugeGate had driven him insane lol.

Holy shit, I'm glad you pointed that out. I thought it was Sunset Gardner! I was like wtf you traitor! :lol:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

There are 65 dollar options at my show too.. They will be at least 80 bucks after the charges and those are for the farthest Balcony seats from the stage.. Who the hell wants to sit way back there?

I get it. But it's an arena show. The worst seats in the house really aren't bad seats. 

1 hour ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

izzy is the studio songwriting guy. gilby was the perfect live guy for slash. 4tus doesn't fit with slash at all...robin f.ex. would have fit better with slash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Didn't I advice you to lay off the crack a bit....or was that someone else?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2414225 said:

gilby was the perfect live guy for slash. 4tus doesn't fit with slash at all...robin f.ex. would have fit better with slash.

Spot on.... That is the biggest issue.. The chemistry between Slash and Fortus.. My ears hear it. It has gotten better over time but this is the worst pairing Slash has ever had chemistry wise.. Slash is a beast and makes it work though... Sometimes better than others..