Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

40 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

LOL @ Richard punching the guitar with rihanna

Remember that time Slash was featured on a Rihanna single... Not knocking it at all, but if you're gonna throw stones, your argument shouldn't reside in a glass house. 

Edited by ohmygod

I am totally shocked (sort of) that any of you thought it was anything besides tour dates. They do this stuff all the time (so do a lot of bands actually). It's just a way of marketing the tour and generating interest, I don't feel betrayed or annoyed in the least bit. I will never get over the fact that I'm seeing Axl & Slash play together now. That is something I was absolutely positive would never, ever happen - so I'll never be bummed that they're together again and playing three-ish hour shows. It's nice to see them doing well too instead of the norm for the last 15 years of Axl touring, underwhelming attendance, douches ripping on no Slash, etc. So I'm honestly thrilled with how it's been going. Not holding my breath for new music, but would love it if it came. 

Where I do feel  betrayed is in these prices. They are just absolutely fucking repulsive. $256 (before fees) to sit on the floor at MSG. Imagine you're a guy who wants to take his wife and two kids to see GN'R at MSG. Plenty of regular dudes want to do that and if you want to sit on the floor and actually see the band it's over $1,000.  Imagine you want to sit in the lower bowl with your family of four - $600 before fees. 

I just can't fucking believe shows are priced at this level anymore. $100 max is what it should be for good seats unless you want a VIP package. 

I'll be at at least one MSG show (not two because who the fuck can afford it) and sitting in the top bowl, wishing one of my favorite bands wasn't going to rip me off to be in GA (where my heart so desires).

Edited by BangoSkank
Spelling error
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fede said:

Someone said they played black hole sun in slane castle soundcheck (or it sounded like it) 

Correct, I'm the one who reported that based upon what someone camping at Slane said on facebook.  It's been confirmed by others on the scene via Twitter and IG.  they ran through it five times with Axl

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

I am totally shocked (sort of) that any of you thought it was anything besides tour dates. They do this stuff all the time (so do a lot of bands actually). It's just a way of marketing the tour and generating interest, I don't feel betrayed or annoyed in the least bit. I will never get over the fact that I'm seeing Axl & Slash play together now. That is something I was absolutely positive would never, ever happen - so I'll never be bummed that they're together again and playing three-ish hour shows. It's nice to see them doing well too instead of the norm for the last 15 years of Axl touring, underwhelming attendance, douches ripping on no Slash, etc. So I'm honestly thrilled with how it's been going. Not holding my breath for new music, but would love it if it came. 

Where I do feel  betrayed is in these prices. They are just absolutely fucking repulsive. $256 (before fees) to sit on the floor at MSG. Imagine you're a guy who wants to take his wife and two kids to see GN'R at MSG. Plenty of regular dudes want to do that and if you want to sit on the floor and actually see the band it's over $1,000.  Imagine you want to sit in the lower bowl with your family of four - $600 before fees. 

I just can't fucking believe shows are priced at this level anymore. $100 max is what it should be for good seats unless you want a VIP package. 

I'll be at at least one MSG show (not two because who the fuck can afford it) and sitting in the top bowl, wishing one of my favorite bands wasn't going to rip me off to be in GA (where my heart so desires).

The lower bowl in Boston was top tier price too.... $278 after fees... I am an ass.. Bought 4 tix thinking I'd be able to unload them to friends.. No takers... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The lower bowl in Boston was top tier price too.... $278 after fees... I am an ass.. Bought 4 tix thinking I'd be able to unload them to friends.. No takers... 

I spent $120 for one upper mid deck seat in Chicago. I love this band but good God, lower the ticket prices for arenas 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

Even if, I bet 5 bucks that it will be an instrumental tribute. 

This suggests not. 

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Correct, I'm the one who reported that based upon what someone camping at Slane said on facebook.  It's been confirmed by others on the scene via Twitter and IG.  they ran through it five times with Axl

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

See? And if they were $100 you could easily find someone who wants to see Axl & Slash.

It reminds me of Celebration Day by Zeppelin. The performance is absolutely awesome, but on the blu-ray the crowd is dead because it was $2,000-ish per ticket. It was only high rollers up front (and we know how fun they are).  Imagine if your average Joe Zeppelin fan got a ticket to that and brought his 15 year old son, who maybe is just discovering classic rock. They'd be going ape shit. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

See? And if they were $100 you could easily find someone who wants to see Axl & Slash.

It reminds me of Celebration Day by Zeppelin. The performance is absolutely awesome, but on the blu-ray the crowd is dead because it was $2,000-ish per ticket. It was only high rollers up front (and we know how fun they are).  Imagine if your average Joe Zeppelin fan got a ticket to that and brought his 15 year old son, who maybe is just discovering classic rock. They'd be going ape shit. 

Tickets for Zeppelin were £125, if you were lucky enough to get drawn in the raffle. Touts were selling them on for many, many thousands of pounds though.  

31 minutes ago, Fede said:

One minute ago, the guy in KLOS said:

as you know Guns N' Roses are coming back to LA for at least two shows now. 

That's exactly what he said. 

I doubt the radio guys know anything about a July show if that's where your thoughts were.

However, I fully expect additional shows being added once the arenas in the last run are selling out. Lots of gaps in the dates announced.

• Like 1

I was talking with my friends this morning that this is the kind of show business Izzy doesn't enjoy, I don't think a guy who quites for the reasons he did, will support a $2,000 VIP package that includes, a front row seat, drinks, a black car, RED CARPET, and a autographed item.

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I doubt the radio guys know anything about a July show if that's where your thoughts were.

However, I fully expect additional shows being added once the arenas in the last run are selling out. Lots of gaps in the dates announced.

Yeah, I think the same, no doubt some of those presenters don't even care about the band. 

Ticket prices for the arenas are not surprising when you look at the prices they were charging for the stadiums. 

Sucks though because that means a lot of people who would like to go can't justify spending that much on 3hrs of entertainment when they've got other bills and expenses to consider.

Edited by sanity_lost
my grammar sucks

3 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Exactly. Cheaper tickets also make for a much better crowd. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

oh god I hat that song , I wish they picked Jesus Christ Pose , Axl would kill that one .

I don't like that song either.. I thought Soundgarden were pretty good early on then that song totally turned me off... Never was a big fan.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't like that song either.. I thought Soundgarden were pretty good early on then that song totally turned me off... Never was a big fan.

They should do Promise. Pay tribute to Chris while playing a Slash song, that'd be kinda cool.

Although I'd absolutely love to hear Axl do Rusty Cage.

Edited by AlexC
  • Like 4