Chris Cornell Dead at 52

GNR 1991

57 minutes ago, liers said:

Not really surprised if it was suicide. He's battled depression and was young and as far as we know healthy. Look at Kurt Cobain. He had all that and he killed himself. It happens all the time and the only person that ever knows the true motives is the one who commits suicide. Still, the guy had a hit solo song 2 years ago, he did a one off show with audioslave a few months back, and sound garden is back together and touring. He seemed to be having a comeback of sorts.

He also did the Temple Of The Dog 25th anniversary tour last year! 

Woke up to this in shock in the same way I felt when Scott Weiland passed. Both times completely unexpected - maybe even more in this case here.

Admittedly I'm not a big Soundgarden fan but I always dug his solo stuff and Audioslave. Easily one of my favorite voices ever.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He also did the Temple Of The Dog 25th anniversary tour last year! 

I Forgot about that.

It always amazed me how everything he did seemed to be successful. Temple of the Dog had a hit, soundgarden obviously had multiple hits, Audioslave had some big hits at a time when rock wasn't really that popular, he did Heavy is The Head with Zack Brown Band which still gets a ton of airplay on rock radio, and then his solo song "Nearly forgot my broken heart" was pretty popular and still gets airplay from time to time.

I don't know many singers who had 3 hit bands plus a pretty strong solo career. He was always underrated IMO. The man could truly write and sing.

My friend was at that show last night while I was at another show down the street.

He was SO fucking excited to finally see Soundgarden. He's not even awake yet today. What an awful, awful thing for him to wake up to :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

My friend was at that show last night while I was at another show down the street.

He was SO fucking excited to finally see Soundgarden. He's not even awake yet today. What an awful, awful thing for him to wake up to :( 

Atleast he got to see them. It sucks for people that had tickets and were exited to see them and now will never get the chance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, liers said:

Atleast he got to see them. It sucks for people that had tickets and were exited to see them and now will never get the chance.

Agreed. My friend and I had tickets to different shows last night and my buddy was on the fence about which show to go to but ended up deciding on Soundgarden because he's never seen them. He'll at least be grateful he made that choice.

• Like 3

I was just listening to Soundgarden on the way home yesterday and was thinking about how I couldn't wait to see them again. This is insane.

I saw Soundgarden five times and Chris solo about four or five times; he was incredible every time. He was one of my favorite artists and vocalists and it's hard to fathom I'll never be able to see him live again.

Rest In Peace, Chris Cornell.

• Like 1

I had tickets to his Higher Truth show last year in the Netherlands, then in the morning they announced it was cancelled because Chris was ill. Then they couldn't manage to reschedule the show so it never happened...
I was so mad, especially because they did add one or more shows to the tour after that but the Dutch show never happened.

Makes me even more sad now that I'll never be able to see him live ever again.. RIP Chris

Shadow face
Blowing smoke and talking wind
Lost my grip
Fell too far to start again
A sudden snake
Found my shape and tells the world
Remember this
Remember everything is just black
Or burning sun

And I hope it's a sweet ride
Sleep tight for me
Sleep tight for me I'm gone