Chris Cornell Dead at 52

GNR 1991

Well this sucks big time! Can't believe it!

The coroner said it was suicide, but his wife and family are shocked. It goes to show how sometimes you don't know how people really feel. It is so sad to lose another talent before their time.

RIP

My heart goes out to his family and friends and fans all over the world.

That makes 3 singers from the Seattle grunge scene to have died too young. Eddie Vedder has to carry on for all of them. Just sucks so much.

11 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Dio died on May 17.

Still miss Dio so much. This really sucks losing so many amazing people. I really hate it.:max:

Its so surreal that he went out last night and did a show, and even talked about the next show, but committed suicide just a few hours later. I guess it's not too surprising since he's battled depression but still like I've mentioned earlier he seems to have really turned his life around the past decade or so. I've read a few people compare his sudden death to Scott Weiland, but with Weiland everyone knew it would happen eventually. I don't think anyone expected to lose Cornell any time soon.

Soundgarden had atleast 6 songs recorded for a new album. They were in the middle of a tour. Things seemed to be going good.

Now you have Eddie Vedder as the last man standing in grunge.

Edited by liers

you're 52, have seen and experienced everything you ever wanted, and with the state of the world today, and the prospect of everything going downhill from there: your body, your popularity, hell the very world you live in, one "could" see why he did it.

the one thing that doesn't fit this picture, is he has a wife and children. that alone should have kept him going. i'm a very moody person myself but my family makes up for it all. they are the reason i'm still here, straight up

• Like 1

I've actually been sick about this all day and now I feel even worse. I was so hoping it wasn't suicide. I popped Carry On in the car for my drive to work. The album title seemed appropriate. Admittedly I'm not a big Soundgarden fan but I absolutely love Audioslave and his solo albums. What a voice and what a loss. Such a talent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that is pretty profound. many people don't see that. very proud of you :)

Not the biggest Soundgarden fan, but to hear that he struggled with demons by himself, only to make them push him to suicide is nothing but tragic.

It's terrifying, how someone can be so happy on the outside, yet turn up dead by their own doing. No warning, not even a word or a sign. 

No person should have to go through something like that, to deal with voices in your head, demons on your shoulders like that.

Poor kids :( 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Not the biggest Soundgarden fan, but to hear that he struggled with demons by himself, only to make them push him to suicide is nothing but tragic.

It's terrifying, how someone can be so happy on the outside, yet turn up dead by their own doing. No warning, not even a word or a sign. 

No person should have to go through something like that, to deal with voices in your head, demons on your shoulders like that.

Poor kids :( 

yeah it is tragic :( i know from experience the putting on a happy face when all i want to do is stay in bed with the covers over my head.

and yes the poor kids...

you are very astute @AslatIE

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

I have been obsessed with this today. I have been listening to the Sirius XM Volume 106 station the entire day. They have had a lot of people on who knew him. People have been calling all day talking the show last night. 

It is just crazy that the show was over at 11:15 pm and they were saying on the radio the cops were called around 12-12:15 am. I also read his wife called a family friend to go check on him. I wonder if he called her and said some thing to make her alarmed. She came out today and said he didn't seem suicidal though. It all just does not make sense. I feel really bad for the kids too.

• Like 1

I once had a patient kill himself. I saw him at 6pm he was happy and was to return the next day. He did not show up. Very uncharacteristic. I finally found out what happened. He left my office, dragged his lazy-boy into the garage and let the car run. It took a long time to "get over" it. He had already made his final decision. He did not need a call for help. He found joy in knowing the should I or shouldn't I self talk had finally come to a decision. Decision making made him happy. He could just stop thinking about it. He just had to go home. The thought of going home fulfilled him.

Maybe it is often this way. I don't know. Leaving the rest of us sad is an awful thing to do and I get why hate/anger is one of the steps of grief.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely unbelievable....Just an incredible voice and talent.  Music is such an incredible outlet of emotion, walk off the stage and all the pain just kind of sweeps back in with the loneliness and the desperation.  Maybe nobody will ever understand what Chris was going through but the fact that we will never be touched by his talent again is truly a travesty.

RIP man