REM or U2 ?

oldnews

REM vs U2  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Definitely. TBH I prefer Simple Minds :lol: U2 without the annoying arsehole. :lol:

Billy Idol, if you think about it, was basically a commercially viable Sid Vicious.  There's no way you are gonna make Sidney viable to the public at large, quite apart from him abject lack of talent.  But a Billy Idol, same spikey hair, leather jacket, lip curl, cartoon dumb image and distinct anglo-arrogance and hey presto, you have the girlies creaming their knickers.  And lets face it, as far as substantial musical talent goes Bill weren't that far off Sidney.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Billy Idol, if you think about it, was basically a commercially viable Sid Vicious.  There's no way you are gonna make Sidney viable to the public at large, quite apart from him abject lack of talent.  But a Billy Idol, same spikey hair, leather jacket, lip curl, cartoon dumb image and distinct anglo-arrogance and hey presto, you have the girlies creaming their knickers.  And lets face it, as far as substantial musical talent goes Bill weren't that far off Sidney.

A glossier Sid for the mass market. :lol: You've got to love Sid though, clearly thick as shit and barely able to play a fuckin' note! Still, did alright for himself for a short time there. :lol:

• Like 1

On 20/05/2017 at 7:37 PM, Len Cnut said:

Y'know what fuckin' annoys the fuckin' arse off me about him, apart from the self aggrandizing, the using famine to promote himself, the sanctimony...EVERY documentary you ever see on anyone halfway decent, Joe Strummer, The Clash, The Pistols, Johnny Cash, Morrissey, The Who, you'll see Bono goin' 'well, they wrote the rulebook for 'U2'...without ever saying anything even vaguely specific about what or how or what aspect of them.  Oh, except with The Clash.

That's spot on as well about him attaching himself to 'cool' bands/artists. As if any of them need, or indeed, would want his fuckin' seal of approval. :lol: What a wanker!

6 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

That's spot on as well about him attaching himself to 'cool' bands/artists. As if any of them need, or indeed, would want his fuckin' seal of approval. :lol: What a wanker!

Yeah, but the thing is that many of them helped him to present himself as "so important". Maybe they are flattered (or even... like him or some of his songs). Johnny Cash covered One, B.B. King did a song with him and whatnot.

Edited by Blackstar

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, but the thing is that many of them helped him to present himself as "so important". Maybe they are flattered (or even... like him or some of his songs). Johnny Cash covered One, B.B. King did a song with him and whatnot.

'One' is a great song to be fair, possibly their best.

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

A glossier Sid for the mass market. :lol: You've got to love Sid though, clearly thick as shit and barely able to play a fuckin' note! Still, did alright for himself for a short time there. :lol:

Sids a personal hero of mine...for absolutely no decent substantial reason other than what he represents for me.  And I suppose what that is is just lads from around here, lads from around here of a certain place and a certain time with all the fuckin' arrogance in the world and for no good reason :lol:. He reminds me of me and my mates when we were 14/15, thick as fuckin' shit, mouthy, into nothing with nothing to contribute to society except just being little herberts with an attitude problem :lol:. Sid embodies something, I'm not sure exactly what it is or if it is of any value but it is to me, if only for sentimental reasons.  And yknow what, he might've been a divvy and he might've been short a few bob upstairs but he got it damn right sometimes.

INTERVIEWER:  Would you say your music is the music of the man on the street?

SID:  No.  I've met the man on the street, he's a cunt

Perfect :lol:  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, and as much as I despise Bono and don't like U2, he's good at this type of songs.

It seems even a lot of people who like U2, still find Bono extremely offensive, it's quite a feat really. :lol: What a strange little man. :lol:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Sids a personal hero of mine...for absolutely no decent substantial reason other than what he represents for me.  And I suppose what that is is just lads from around here, lads from around here of a certain place and a certain time with all the fuckin' arrogance in the world and for no good reason :lol:. He reminds me of me and my mates when we were 14/15, thick as fuckin' shit, mouthy, into nothing with nothing to contribute to society except just being little herberts with an attitude problem :lol:. Sid embodies something, I'm not sure exactly what it is or if it is of any value but it is to me, if only for sentimental reasons.  And yknow what, he might've been a divvy and he might've been short a few bob upstairs but he got it damn right sometimes.

INTERVIEWER:  Would you say your music is the music of the man on the street?

SID:  No.  I've met the man on the street, he's a cunt

Perfect :lol:  

Hear, hear! *raises glass*

That quote is fucking brilliant! :lol:

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

It seems even a lot of people who like U2, still find Bono extremely offensive, it's quite a feat really. :lol: What a strange little man. :lol:

U2 was 1st big show in Croatia after looong time back then. And it's greatest hits are ok. But that talk, talk, talk... FU, shut up and sing goddamnit! Still the worst big act show i saw just because of him...

And they are the only band that can make people whine for getting free music on their phones :)