REM or U2 ?

oldnews

REM vs U2  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, J Dog said:

This.

I'll give em Radio Free Europe, Losing My Religion, couple tracks here and there, plus some respect for coming up through the what i like to call White Chitlin Circuit, other than that they ain't no champions of nothing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'll give em Radio Free Europe, Losing My Religion, couple tracks here and there, plus some respect for coming up through the what i like to call White Chitlin Circuit, other than that they ain't no champions of nothing.

I might like them a little more cause they're kind of local for me and I've heard them since back in the day. Most of their stuff ain't really my thing but like you said, at least I can get down with some of their songs. Country Feedback and Drive are good ones.

I pretty much can't fuck with anything U2 related.

49 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh go on! :lol:  Sanctimonious wankers?  Derivative shitbags?  Keith Levene wannabe guitarists?  Have a go, its a right laugh! :lol:

You've pretty much covered it! :lol: I like some of their stuff, mainly the early albums, musically I don't mind them, but, ultimately.....

....total fucking prick! :lol:

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

That's the crux of it... I can't stand the way he goes on, like he's here to save the world through music. :lol: Fuck off you fucking arsehole! :lol:

True that is the crux of it, but it's the music too. The early stuff is boring, the later stuff sounds like Madonna.

5 minutes ago, J Dog said:

True that is the crux of it, but it's the music too. The early stuff is boring, the later stuff sounds like Madonna.

I quite liked them up to Achtung Baby, and still like bits and pieces after that but, really, they've done a lot of average stuff since the early 90's and Bono.... well.... talk about a fella's ego going through the fuckin' roof! :lol: He seemed to completely lose his way, the silly twat! :lol:

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

I dislike Bono so much that it pisses me off that he's a Johnny Cash fan :lol:

Were Johnny Cash a lesser artist it would take cool points from him, that how big a cunt Bono is :lol:  And I'm not havin' all this 'oh their early stuff was alright', noooooo it fuckin' wasn't :lol:  Sorry, i don't wanna come off rude and dictatorial...but thats what I am :lol:

But no, seriously, he's a cunt...completely and utterly :lol:  

Y'know what fuckin' annoys the fuckin' arse off me about him, apart from the self aggrandizing, the using famine to promote himself, the sanctimony...EVERY documentary you ever see on anyone halfway decent, Joe Strummer, The Clash, The Pistols, Johnny Cash, Morrissey, The Who, you'll see Bono goin' 'well, they wrote the rulebook for 'U2'...without ever saying anything even vaguely specific about what or how or what aspect of them.  Oh, except with The Clash.

'i was at their gig at Belfast.  There was a....a....an energy.  A palpable energy!'

It's a gig you slack jawed potato farmer, of course there was a fuckin' energy, theres 50 million volts jammed into great big fuck off Marshall stacks' :lol:  An energy, what the fuck does that mean anyway?!? :lol:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Were Johnny Cash a lesser artist it would take cool points from him, that how big a cunt Bono is :lol:  And I'm not havin' all this 'oh their early stuff was alright', noooooo it fuckin' wasn't :lol:  Sorry, i don't wanna come off rude and dictatorial...but thats what I am :lol:

But no, seriously, he's a cunt...completely and utterly :lol:  

Y'know what fuckin' annoys the fuckin' arse off me about him, apart from the self aggrandizing, the using famine to promote himself, the sanctimony...EVERY documentary you ever see on anyone halfway decent, Joe Strummer, The Clash, The Pistols, Johnny Cash, Morrissey, The Who, you'll see Bono goin' 'well, they wrote the rulebook for 'U2'...without ever saying anything even vaguely specific about what or how or what aspect of them.  Oh, except with The Clash.

'i was at their gig at Belfast.  There was a....a....an energy.  A palpable energy!'

It's a gig you slack jawed potato farmer, of course there was a fuckin' energy, theres 50 million volts jammed into great big fuck off Marshall stacks' :lol:  An energy, what the fuck does that mean anyway?!? :lol:

:lol:

R.E.M. are ok, though.

I'm not going to argue that Bono isn't three quarters up his own arse. That'd be silly. But despite that I do like a fair bit of U2's music. They've done some really good stuff. But I definitely like REM too. Seen both of them live. Neither is one of my favorite bands or anything, but I do like a fair bit of both. Lets call it a tie when it comes to music. But counting in the Bono-factor REM would win. 

• Like 1