Chris Cornell Appreciation Thread

dalsh327

I never saw him live. :(

I guess part of me was holding out for the inevitable Audioslave reunion tour although I really regret missing his gig at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Toronto back in 2011. At least much of that was captured on the Songbook album.

I've been watching these steady:

Puts me in the perspective of a front row audience member at the last time(s) we'll see Chris and Tom together and subsequently Audioslave.

I remember people shitting on Chris at the latter but look at how much fun they're having. I'll excuse two voice cracks for how great it is overall. I think he had trouble finding the key on Like A Stone because in recent years he had transposed it up to A minor at his solo gigs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Such a huge loss. Especially the way he was developing as a solo artist, which was so great. His last two albums, Songbook and Higher Truth in particular are really great.

Songbook showcases his amazing live raw talent, just his voice and acoustic guitar, and Higher Truth is an extension of that. 

I honestly thought he’d be around forever, at least well into old age, with many more albums and songs to his catalogue. 

I also believe he was well into writing the next Soundgarden album, so I wonder whether anything will come of that?