Bumblefoot talks about his fiery relationship with the Band

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Poor Bumble, he really wasted 8 years of his life wanting to write Guns music but ultimately got fucked. He should've quit after the 2011 tour.

I think many would say that he should have never been there to begin with. When your objective is to cash-in on another band's legacy, don't be so butt-hurt when you're treated like the hired hand that you are.

Adios and good riddance to him, I say.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I'm sick of him talking in riddles. Every interview he does is filled with the same old cryptic babble.

All he wants to really do is promote what he is doing at the moment, but keeps getting asked the same questions about GNR that he doesn't want to answer because he doesn't want to talk bad about Axl/Team Brazil

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Poor Bumble, he really wasted 8 years of his life wanting to write Guns music but ultimately got fucked. He should've quit after the 2011 tour.

True, he never got to write with Axl. In that sense, probably a disappointment for him.

But fucked... I think he is able to book bigger gigs and getting more high profile collaborations after being the guitarist in GNR.

18 minutes ago, Mendez said:

All he wants to really do is promote what he is doing at the moment, but keeps getting asked the same questions about GNR that he doesn't want to answer because he doesn't want to talk bad about Axl/Team Brazil

I know and it's annoying. He always gives off the impression that he's bitter towards them but will never even enter the stratosphere of being just slightly specific with his reasoning. Kinda pathetic to be honest. I mean he was forced to tour before recovering from a fucking car crash but he's afraid of revealing which band members he had trouble with? What a door mat.

Bumble's pretty cool, always enjoyed him. I don't feel bad for him about anything though. I don't think he wasted any years. He made way more money than he ever would have while with Guns, and got way more exposure than he ever would have while with Guns. Nobody would give a damn about a bumblefoot if not for GNR. His time in the band was good. Cool guy, good guitarist.

• Like 3

I think it was and IS fairly obvious that the Axl we see now, IS far better than the one we saw from 2011-2015. He REALLY was on autopilot, and everyone on THIS board knew it. Why? I think it's fairly obvious that Axl didn't feel that that NUgnr line up could do an album that could live up to the name. Could there be MORE reasons, yes but I do feel that Axl knew THAT they couldn't do the legacy justice. That's ONE of the reasons why CD2 never happened. Hell, WE all knew that at the time.

On topic I don't blame BBF or dislike him. I actually really like him, I think he is a great guy. I talked to him a few times and I thought he was a great guy. I also think he is an amazing guitarist, just NOT the "right" ? guy for gnr. I am interested in Art of Anarchy and keeping my eye on him there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

I'm glad he didn't quit after the car crash. While being a real driving force in 2009 and 2010, he was still one of the key member that made the band interesting between 2011 and 2014.

8 years in Guns N' Roses is something Bumble should be really proud of, and he had to play on Chinese Democracy and the Vegas DVD. It worked out for the best.

I don't recall Bumblefoot ever being a driving force of the band. He wasn't even allowed to talk about the band that he was in. It just so happens he was the most fan friendly, but I don't necessarily think that makes him a driving force, or even interesting for that matter.

I recall him being a huge whiner that liked to air his grievances publicly. Plus, he was basically a poor man's Buckethead.

Seems a very genuine, open and honest interview. I find it hard to criticise him. I like his solo material, and in GnR he filled the Bucket position about as well as could realistically be expected (always a tough ask). Criticising simply because he was a "hired" replacement isn't fair on him, as if it hadn't been him it would have been someone else. Only thing I didn't like much was his solo on Rhiad and CITR, Bucket and May's originals should have been left.

8 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Seems a very genuine, open and honest interview. I find it hard to criticise him. I like his solo material, and in GnR he filled the Bucket position about as well as could realistically be expected (always a tough ask). Criticising simply because he was a "hired" replacement isn't fair on him, as if it hadn't been him it would have been someone else. Only thing I didn't like much was his solo on Rhiad and CITR, Bucket and May's originals should have been left.

I wasn't criticizing Bumblefoot because he was a hired-hand, I criticize him for thinking that he was actually more than that. 

He was constantly complaining publicly about how he was upset about something regarding the band. He was paid to play guitar and do what he was told, nothing more.

Have you ever heard any of his solo material? Can you understand why Axl may have thought that his song-writing ability wasn't worthy of GNR?

I find it hard to believe he's worth 10 million pounds was it? Or whatever that symbol was. Can't be anywhere near 1=1 to a dollar. If it is, he REALLY has nothing to regret for his time in GnR. He's set for life and can do whatever he wants solo without worrying if it makes much cash...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, todreamofwolves said:

I wasn't criticizing Bumblefoot because he was a hired-hand, I criticize him for thinking that he was actually more than that. 

He was constantly complaining publicly about how he was upset about something regarding the band. He was paid to play guitar and do what he was told, nothing more.

Have you ever heard any of his solo material? Can you understand why Axl may have thought that his song-writing ability wasn't worthy of GNR?

You don't know what was negotiated for him to be in Guns. Your just a person on a fan board that doesn't have a clue about the inner workings of the band.

He is not my cup of tea musically but he is the only people in that band who has ever spoken honestly about the absurd politics of Guns - the stuff that has annoyed the fanbase for years - which I respect.

1 hour ago, todreamofwolves said:

By that same logic, Axl mustn't believe Axl's own songwriting is worthy of GN'R seeing as nothing is ever released by this ridiculous band.

4 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

I think many would say that he should have never been there to begin with. When your objective is to cash-in on another band's legacy, don't be so butt-hurt when you're treated like the hired hand that you are.

Adios and good riddance to him, I say.

You'd have done the same thing if you were in his shoes

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

By that same logic, Axl mustn't believe Axl's own songwriting is worthy of GN'R seeing as nothing is ever released by this ridiculous band.

Well, Axl prefers to collaborate.  Even tracks attributed just to Axl, like Estranged, are a collaboration with Slash.  So it may be the case that Axl didnt think their song writing style and/or ability made them good collaborators or contributors to a guns album.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

You don't know what was negotiated for him to be in Guns. Your just a person on a fan board that doesn't have a clue about the inner workings of the band.

Oh please. So, you are of the belief that GNR / Axl promised BBF that he would be treated as a full member with say? He knew damn well he was being signed on as a session musician and a touring guitarist, nothing more. He started getting really upset when he "felt" as if his position should be elevated higher than what it actually was. It doesn't take knowing the inner workings of a dysfunctional band to see that.

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He is not my cup of tea musically but he is the only people in that band who has ever spoken honestly about the absurd politics of Guns - the stuff that has annoyed the fanbase for years - which I respect.

I don't disagree that Axl doubted his own talents when compared to his talents co-mingled with that of the classic Guns.

Edited by todreamofwolves