Bumblefoot talks about his fiery relationship with the Band

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Well, Axl prefers to collaborate.  Even tracks attributed just to Axl, like Estranged, are a collaboration with Slash.  So it may be the case that Axl didnt think their song writing style and/or ability made them good collaborators or contributors to a guns album.

Axl doesn't do anything these ways pertaining to new music.

2 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Oh please. So, you are of the belief that GNR / Axl promised BBF that he would be treated as a full member with say? He knew damn well he was being signed on as a session musician and a touring guitarist, nothing more. He started getting really upset when he "felt" as if his position should be elevated higher than what it actually was. It doesn't take knowing the inner workings of a dysfunctional band to see that.

I respect your opinion.  Thats all it is..... an opinion.

22 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Actually, I wouldn't have. I saw all of BBF's public tantrums and threats to be pretty bitch moves on his part.

I didn't say you'd act like him (plus everyone handles stress and life differently), I'm saying that if given the same opportunity he got, you wouldn't have turned it down. 

3 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I think it was and IS fairly obvious that the Axl we see now, IS far better than the one we saw from 2011-2015. He REALLY was on autopilot, and everyone on THIS board knew it. Why? I think it's fairly obvious that Axl didn't feel that that NUgnr line up could do an album that could live up to the name. Could there be MORE reasons, yes but I do feel that Axl knew THAT they couldn't do the legacy justice. That's ONE of the reasons why CD2 never happened. Hell, WE all knew that at the time.

On topic I don't blame BBF or dislike him. I actually really like him, I think he is a great guy. I talked to him a few times and I thought he was a great guy. I also think he is an amazing guitarist, just NOT the "right" ? guy for gnr. I am interested in Art of Anarchy and keeping my eye on him there. 

Yes very sincere

5 hours ago, AlexC said:

I'm sick of him talking in riddles. Every interview he does is filled with the same old cryptic babble.

Riddles? How much clearer can it be. He clearly said he wasn't happy that he wasn't being creative in GNR, and that he wasn't happy with the pressure he was put under to tour after his accident. He also alluded to the fact that the inter-relationships within GNR weren't always great, pretty much singling Pitman out as the one nice guy. Just because he refuses to tell the stories about "Axl did this, Richard was this..., Tommy was a..." etc. oesn't mean he's speaking in riddles, it simply means he's not interested in grabbing attention by blabbing about private matters in interviews, I wish more musicians would follow his lead... we don't need all the details BUT we basically have everything as it is, it's not difficult to fill in the blanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Riddles? How much clearer can it be. He clearly said he wasn't happy that he wasn't being creative in GNR, and that he wasn't happy with the pressure he was put under to tour after his accident. He also alluded to the fact that the inter-relationships within GNR weren't always great, pretty much singling Pitman out as the one nice guy. Just because he refuses to tell the stories about "Axl did this, Richard was this..., Tommy was a..." etc. oesn't mean he's speaking in riddles, it simply means he's not interested in grabbing attention by blabbing about private matters in interviews, I wish more musicians would follow his lead... we don't need all the details BUT we basically have everything as it is, it's not difficult to fill in the blanks.

I agree that Bumblefoot isn't talking in riddles. He's made it clear that he didn't like being in New GNR, and it's pretty clear that they saw him as a musician-for-hire who was expected to do as he was told. HOWEVER, I think it's pretty weak on BBF's part to keep regurgitating the same old whining every few months. Let's face it, he enjoys talking about this because that's all the majority care about. It's not exactly as if his solo albums are the strongest headline grabbers.

45 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

I didn't say you'd act like him (plus everyone handles stress and life differently), I'm saying that if given the same opportunity he got, you wouldn't have turned it down. 

AGAIN, this has to do with him not recognizing his role as the hired hand that he was. AND yes, I would have done things much differently if I was him, including not being in New GNR to begin with.

Edited by todreamofwolves

17 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

He's talking in psycho babble riddles

His speil is harder to read than an Axl 5000 word essay

Let's not go that far. Even lawyers struggle to read Axl essays.

5 hours ago, soon said:

Well, Axl prefers to collaborate.  Even tracks attributed just to Axl, like Estranged, are a collaboration with Slash.  So it may be the case that Axl didnt think their song writing style and/or ability made them good collaborators or contributors to a guns album.

Bumble is on Chinese Democracy though. Perhaps Axl realized in hindsight that he should not have included Bumble in the album.

4 hours ago, todreamofwolves said:

I agree that Bumblefoot isn't talking in riddles. He's made it clear that he didn't like being in New GNR, and it's pretty clear that they saw him as a musician-for-hire who was expected to do as he was told. HOWEVER, I think it's pretty weak on BBF's part to keep regurgitating the same old whining every few months. Let's face it, he enjoys talking about this because that's all the majority care about. It's not exactly as if his solo albums are the strongest headline grabbers.

AGAIN, this has to do with him not recognizing his role as the hired hand that he was. AND yes, I would have done things much differently if I was him, including not being in New GNR to begin with.

Bullshit. No fan would turn down being in a band with Axl

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

The joke of a band that had a bloated Axl in a flying blinged out piano and DJ assba on guitar?

Unless you desperately need the money or are an Axl fanboy - that's an easy pass for any musician with an iota of integrity. 

Now if we're talking about 1997 - 2002 era Guns, that's a different story. Tons of potential back then.

If you were a moderately creative musician circa 1997 - 2015 who is perhaps not financially inclined, or suitably secure in that area to not merely chase money, and who does not like politics and 'bullshit', I cannot think of a worse band to join than Axl's Guns N' Roses circus.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

Umm .. not all of us here are naive adolescents who would drool over an opportunity to be in Axl's GNR cover band. YOU very well may, but I certainly wouldn't. 

Personally, I thought GNR circa 2001-2014 was an absolute joke. 

9 hours ago, RONIN said:

Bumble is on Chinese Democracy though. Perhaps Axl realized in hindsight that he should not have included Bumble in the album.

Yeah, i kinda wonder that.  And also think Axl could have been more open that same role, but Bumble seems to have wanted to write songs not only create parts

i'm so so tired of axl's employees giving interviews like they are or were real members of guns n' roses… sorry ron… you never played in gnr… you never toured with gnr… you never NOTHING with gnr.  now stop name dropping gnr every chance you get.  Clownfoot.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 3

On 5/21/2017 at 5:09 PM, Original said:

He was never "in Guns n Roses".   He was a glorified touring musician.   Nothing more- nothing less.  Now we never need to hear from him again.  Bah- bye.  

And if you read the interview, you'd see that he totally agrees with you. He thought he was being invited to join a band, turned out they just wanted him to be a touring musician (not even a glorified one, as you suggest). He didn't like that, stuck around longer than he should have out of a misplaced sense of loyalty and duty, and quit to be a real bandmate somewhere else. 

You know what would be really graceful ?

If any of these guys were asked about GNR in interviews, they'd just say 'No, it's not right for me to comment on such a legendary band, you misunderstood, I was never in GNR, I only played in Axl's solo band, I would never dare pretend to be worthy of the GNR name' ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

You know what would be really graceful ?

If any of these guys were asked about GNR in interviews, they'd just say 'No, it's not right for me to comment on such a legendary band, you misunderstood, I was never in GNR, I only played in Axl's solo band, I would never dare pretend to be worthy of the GNR name' ...

Grow up