You got time for the Izzy game?

Tori72

1 minute ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Nope. Not interested in  "gates". That's why it was a picture with pants on.

I thought the show me your buns -interview was this one: (at 7.13.)  Where Izzy was high as fuck:lol:

Oh sorry, did I post the wrong interview? My bad. Yeah, when he said that he was pretty high. 

You make me laugh girl. "That's why it was a picture with pants on."  :facepalm:

22 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Oh sorry, did I post the wrong interview? My bad. Yeah, when he said that he was pretty high. 

You make me laugh girl. "That's why it was a picture with pants on."  :facepalm:

Well, you know, we don't  want  to upset potential Jehovah's Witnesses and Mother Superiors who might be lurking in this forum. :lol: 

But if you prefer to see the full moon, I guess that could be arranged. 

moon%20sleep%20children.jpg

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

Day 6. Other people's quotes about Izzy

"I was just blown away. I mean, Izzy was just about the coolest thing I’d ever seen in my life. He had this aura about him, with dyed black hair and he was a really nice guy who wasn’t into playing a role or pretending he was someone else, like so many of those people. Izzy dressed cool. He smoked cool. He was great. You could see that he was going to be a huge rock star someday."

— Chris Weber about meeting Izzy for the first time at the Rainbow parking lot (Watch you bleed by Stephen Davis)

"The perception in popular culture is that the singer and the lead guitar player are generally the artistic brain trust of any band. In our case, Izzy was probably the most significant force-without his initial vision and his songwriting cues, there would have been no Guns N’ Roses."

- Duff McKagan -It's so easy (and other lies)

"I was working in the Hollywood Store the day a slinky guy dressed like Johnny Thunders came up to me. He was wearing tight black jeans, creepers, dyed black hair, and pink socks."

-Slash bio.

"Izzy and I were very systematic about how we would play in the band together. It was really fun structuring the L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose songs for two guitars. We'd spend a lot more time making two really different guitar parts and two different guitar sounds. More than anything it was an incredible experience. That's when I really learned how to play with another guy. Izzy's so talented - not like a real master and he's definitely not a shredder - but he's just got a brilliant brain for music."

-Tracii Guns.

"Izzy looked like a young Ron Wood, with that gaunt, angular cut to his face, perfectly framed by straight black hair that hugged his jawline, making his face look even more thin and elongated. He was into heroin, just like Ron Wood and Keith Richards, his heroes in The Rolling Stones (...). He had thick-soled platform shoes and always wore black pants with some sort of super-tight shirt. He looked more like his shadow than himself and to me he was the personification of cool. Izzy and I hit it off right from the start. We each saw something in the other: perhaps it was just the way we talked about music. Izzy was the consummate rhythm guitarist. I loved the solid power chords he built into Rose's songs."

-Steven Adler- My appetite for destruction.

Back to the Izzy game!!! Day 6: Other peoples's quotes on Izzy

1. Axl introduces ‘Patience’ by saying, “This next song was written by Izzy Stradlin, someone who I’m pissed off at because I miss him greatly." 

- Manchester, England - 1992

I first saw Izz on the stage of The Troubadour. He had an effortless offhand grace in the way he handled his hollow-bodied Gibson. He played his rhythm parts with a perfect insouciance, knowing exactly when he should leave a space, syncopate the groove.

—  Alan Niven on Izzy Stradlin

Izzy was the drummer in a band called The Babysitters. He wore a dress, and I think somebody beat his ass, so he joined this band called Shire, which was a Scorpions kind of metal band. That's when I became friends with him [The Days of Wine and Roses, Classic Rock, April 2005]

Izzy and I were very systematic about how we would play in the band together. It was really fun structuring the L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose songs for two guitars. We'd spend a lot more time making two really different guitar parts and two different guitar sounds. More than anything it was an incredible experience. That's when I really learned how to play with another guy. Izzy's so talented - not like a real master and he's definitely not a shredder - but he's just got a brilliant brain for music [Giving It Both Barrels: Dr Rock Takes On Tracii Guns Of The LA Guns , June 2010]

“The perception in popular culture is that the singer and the lead guitar player are generally the artistic brain trust of any band. In our case, Izzy was probably the most significant force—without his initial vision and his songwriting cues, there would have been no Guns N’ Roses.” 
-(Duff McKagan, It’s So Easy and Other Lies) 

And I love this report on Izzy showing up to one of his old friend's gigs. It's in the Whacky Thread but I can't find it. There Izzy comes around as really down to earth and nice. Ah, that makes me think that @Kris_1989 really sould insert that report on her Fanpage. ;) 

Just found a 6th quote:

I was just blown away. I mean, Izzy was just about the coolest thing I’d ever seen in my life. He had this aura about him, with dyed black hair and he was a really nice guy who wasn’t into playing a role or pretending he was someone else, like so many of those people. Izzy dressed cool. He smoked cool. He was great. You could see that he was going to be a huge rock star someday.

—  Chris Weber about meeting Izzy for the first time at the Rainbow parking lot (Watch you bleed by Stephen Davis)

Edited by Tori72

On 5/28/2017 at 0:41 PM, Fourteenbeers said:

Well, you know, we don't  want  to upset potential Jehovah's Witnesses and Mother Superiors who might be lurking in this forum. :lol: 

But if you prefer to see the full moon, I guess that could be arranged. 

moon%20sleep%20children.jpg

full frontal would be great! c;mon Izzy,,,the fans insist on it!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

I'm still waiting for @Darkenchantress' lyric analysis on which Izzy songs are about Axl ;) :awesomeface:

:awesomeface:

I'll do it when I get home from work tonight!!! But the most obvious is Bleedin'.

Ya gotta know better now you're older 
This ain't the end of the world
So get off your ass and get over her
Let it go
Let it go 

Now time has passed, you're an old man
Way up there high on the hill

Subtle Izzy not being subtle at all. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 2

I like to think "here befor you"was about Axl, you know Izzy went out to LA first and Axl followed, and apparently was not that impressed.

Yeah I was here before you
No matter what you do
You think about that first
Yeah I was here before you

All wound up over nothin' at all
You gotta reel yourself back in
You ain't first but ya sure ain't last,
And that's a call that I have seen
You're up front in the second heat,
You got your head lined up in check

• Like 1