GNR POLL FOR WEDNESDAY???

1 minute ago, Sunset Gardner said:

yeah, but be careful of Izven Adlin… that guy… that guy can't be trusted.  from what i hear anyway… i've seen him around but i don't know him.   

LMAO. Definitely their names sound funny together no matter how you do it. :lol:

6 hours ago, SEANAXL21 said:

Let's have some fun until Wednesday!

1. New Single 

2. New Album 

3. More Tour Dates 

4. All 5 Are Back

5. Tour Dvd

what Do You Think Gunners??????

1 and 2 for me GOD IM HOPING!!!!!!!!

Gonna say 3. This band tends to disappoint like no one else. At least they have that going for them :lol:

2 hours ago, delilahrose said:

I fee the EXACT same way. I'm sure Steven would show up to anything, but if you're going to celebrate the 30th anniversary of AFD without Izzy, then please just don't bother. The only thing worse than not seeing Izzy there would be seeing Melissa jumping up and down. NO.

This. It's insulting otherwise. I still can't believe they sold the troubadour as "we're going back to where it l started", when that's only true for three people in that band. Dizzy has an idea, Fortus and Frank have no clue, and Melissa couldn't even drive herself there if she tried. Meanwhile Steven, who could have and should have played at least a couple of songs that gig, is left out along with Izzy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gnr5 said:

Live Nation is teasing it too...on their twitter they posted something like "Back Where it all began". This plus Steven saying Fernando had something planned for AFD30 Im guessing is a live show of some sorts. 

Only Axl Rose would plan a reunion show/tour and, just "hope" for the heart and soul of that band to "show up as guests" :lol::facepalm:

Dates for sure. 

I have to assume something [special show(s), re-master, etc.] related to Appetite's 30th as well. They and their advisors would be certifiable if they let that particular anniversary come and go with a friggin' Tweet. Lol. :facepalm:

Meanwhile- "new music" is a 2018/19 event- if it happens at all- IMHO...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

I'm thinking a press conference may be at tower records, perhaps live broadcast on the radio station hence the connection, at the same time they will announce some more dates perhaps LA club dates for AFD or just a continuation of NITL and this is why Live Nation are also plugging the announcement. I don't think it will be new music and sadly I don't think it have anything to do with Izzy and Steven.

2 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

unfortunately i have agree with more tour dates.  wish it was more.  i wish it was more than The Three Girlfriends cashing in.  i do think SOMETHING will be done for afd but after seeing the fictitious "timeline" that left out the chief songwriter and the irreplaceable drummer i have to believe the event will be shortchanged as to enable the fake lineups past and present that axl will try to legitimize by denying the significance and importance of afd and THOSE WHO WROTE & RECORDED IT.  tragically duff and slash with go along with this, and iike the lawyers and Team Yes, they will enable axl… and like everyone, they will do it for the money.

i don't think the afd event will be the extravagant anniversary celebration they owe themselves.   would love to be wrong on this one…

Wow you really hate this lineup, don't you?

• Like 1

Wednesday, May 24th...

1.  Slash and Duff will come out and sit down for a press conference on top of Tower Records.  

2.  Axl will walk out next with Erin Everly by his side and the group will announce a new album to be released in November. He will also announce the "Get In The Ring" stadium tour beginning this fall.  

3.  A curtain behind the 3 will rise revealing Adler and Izzy standing at the ready with guitar and drumsticks in hand.   Slash will say "Let's fucking play" and the group will bust into the first new single off of the album as helpers toss a promotional giveaway of a "Not In This Lifetime" live DVD to onlookers - to be made immediately available on the Guns store.

4.  Choppers land on the roof and the group boards them.  Axl leans out, flips everyone off and exclaims "See you at Slane, fuckers!" as the choppers rise and GNR ascend once again to the pinnacle of the entertainment world.  

Edited by Braxon Raine
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, GhostOfPride said:

Amanda Palmer is playing the Troubadour on Wed 5/24.  It's sold out. 

3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Well that's my theory blown out of the water. Lol

IF there's ever new music to be had- from a marketer's POV- have to assume (IMHO) that Thanksgiving (November) 2018 is the prime slot. In addition to holiday season- toss in "Ten years since their last album!" (Chinese). "Twenty-five years since their last studio album together!" (TSI?). I think anything before then would get drowned out by NITL/Appetite's 30th stuff...

FWIW- for now- I think their focus is rightly placed on continuing to insure NITL is a smashing international success...

6 minutes ago, Braxon Raine said:

Wednesday, May 24th...

1.  Slash and Duff will come out and sit down for a press conference on top of Tower Records.  

2.  Axl will walk out next with Erin Everly by his side and the group will announce a new album to be released in November. He will also announce the "Get In The Ring" stadium tour beginning this fall.  

3.  A curtain behind the 3 will rise revealing Adler and Izzy standing at the ready with guitar and drumsticks in hand.   Slash will say "Let's fucking play" and the group will bust into the first new single off of the album as helpers toss a promotional giveaway of a "Not In This Lifetime" live DVD - to be made immediately available on the Guns store.

4.  Choppers land on the roof and the group boards them.  Axl leans out, flips everyone off and exclaims "See you at Slane, fuckers!" as the chopper rise and Guns ascends once again to the pinnacle of the entertainment world.  

Wouldn't be too disappointed if the Erin bit didn't come true, but yeah the rest I would be pretty happy with.

3 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

I do think SOMETHING will be done for afd but after seeing the fictitious "timeline" that left out the chief songwriter and the irreplaceable drummer i have to believe the event will be shortchanged as to enable the fake lineups past and present that axl will try to legitimize by denying the significance and importance of afd and THOSE WHO WROTE & RECORDED IT.

I wasn't aware the chief songwriter in GN'R (Axl Rose) was left out of the shows. Which he is, by the way, he wrote the most songs (not including Chinese). Funny how lies become truths so quickly in some of your minds.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SEANAXL21 said:

Let's have some fun until Wednesday!

1. New Single 

2. New Album 

3. More Tour Dates 

4. All 5 Are Back

5. Tour Dvd

what Do You Think Gunners??????

1 and 2 for me GOD IM HOPING!!!!!!!!

Either reunite the real GNR or I'm not interested would be my vote.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Braxon Raine said:

Wednesday, May 24th...

3.  A curtain behind the 3 will rise revealing Adler and Izzy standing at the ready with guitar and drumsticks in hand.   Slash will say "Let's fucking play" and the group will bust into the first new single off of the album as helpers toss a promotional giveaway of a "Not In This Lifetime" live DVD to onlookers - to be made immediately available on the Guns store.

4.  Choppers land on the roof and the group boards them.  Axl leans out, flips everyone off and exclaims "See you at Slane, fuckers!" as the choppers rise and GNR ascend once again to the pinnacle of the entertainment world.  

I love it! That would be awesome, but unfortunately, as we know here on earth, that just isn't going to happen. 

Why is everybody saying 'Adler and Stradlin' when they (the three) just wrote them out of GN'R's history in that timeline clip - and, it was evident that Axl hated Adler when he returned for those shows in Argentina? There is more chance of Elvis returning than there is Adler and Stradlin rejoining.

• Like 2

Here's the Part B of the bummer that could be Wednesday's announcement:

If they announce an AFD show without Izzy and Steven, we're going to be speculating on here whether or not they'll show up until the concert is over. Troubadour 2.0, only without the new excitement.

We know better, and yet we'll still be torturing ourselves if it's an AFD show.

(And hey - if it IS an original 5 show, then we can just argue about Dizzy being involved to play on post-AFD songs that they'll probably include).

• Like 1